• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A rival for Nero next game?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
How would that fit? A way to pay tribute to Altered Beast, Bloody Roar & Cornell from Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness in some way?

Nero's a demon hunter, there are some demons that people mistake for werewolves, things happen.

You could have it be actual werewolves, im not picky.

I was inspired by Milo from the British tv show Being Human. He was a werewolf who was working for vampires.

"Where's the honor in fighting for the losing team?" Is something he said.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about a holy man as a rival for Nero? With Alexander Anderson's style of combat?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Any thoughts of Nero having a rival of his own next game? How would you picture it since Dante & Vergil.

My thoughts would be a new Devil Hunter who's prejudice to demons & hybrids. Imagine him with a sword in the style of a chainsaw. In styles of Deathstroke, Punisher & Ash Williams.
They already hinted at Nero Vs Vergil.

Hungry Alien

How about a holy man as a rival for Nero? With Alexander Anderson's style of combat?

A character with Anderson's style would be great, but he will need to have a personal vendetta against Nero to be his rival (Nero isn't the only one with demon blood).

But I can see how cool it can look. Imagine after the world acknowledged demons, a new holy group rise. It would be filled with fighters and exist to destroy demons. And their most notable members would be psychopaths actively hunting for demons and anyone implied with demonic powers. Their methods would be like the inquisition, but with people knowing about demons, the majority wouldn't condemn their actions. Having the most deranged of them having a personal vendetta against Nero would work then.

It could evolve into a uneasy alliance during a massive demonic invasion and have the two forced to fight togheter.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
A character with Anderson's style would be great, but he will need to have a personal vendetta against Nero to be his rival (Nero isn't the only one with demon blood).

But I can see how cool it can look. Imagine after the world acknowledged demons, a new holy group rise. It would be filled with fighters and exist to destroy demons. And their most notable members would be psychopaths actively hunting for demons and anyone implied with demonic powers. Their methods would be like the inquisition, but with people knowing about demons, the majority wouldn't condemn their actions. Having the most deranged of them having a personal vendetta against Nero would work then.

It could evolve into a uneasy alliance during a massive demonic invasion and have the two forced to fight together.

That could work. I just hope a number of playable characters. This guy can be made for DLC/Special Edition.

How would you picture his story if he's to have vendetta with Nero? An ex-knight of the Order?

Hungry Alien

That could work. I just hope a number of playable characters. This guy can be made for DLC/Special Edition.

How would you picture his story if he's to have vendetta with Nero? An ex-knight of the Order?
I think the vendetta should come from the man's nature. He would be a murderer and a psychopath, and a meticulous maniac who consider his killing spree as an art or something. He would have joined the new group during an existential crisis to have a "goal" in his life, and would redirect his anger toward demons and half breed. After hearing about Nero and figuring out what he is, he would go and try to kill him, but fails to do so because of Nero's power. His obsession for perfection would lead him to search a way to kill Nero, either by gaining power or earning new weapons.

I would use him to show the darkest side of human's thirst for violence and how one can hide his violent pulsion behind a mask. To do this, I would make the man very polite toward other, and willing to help everyone in need like a good priest. He would also have a good artistic culture. But when confronted with demons, he would lost it and transform into a cunning and violent killer. To support this, I would often have him showed in as a demonic figure with a huge grin on his face, but also in some "artistic" pose. Something like a fusion between Anderson and Jhin from League of Legends.

In the story, he would be a great help during an invasion, but would be disturbing to witness for his allies. He would gain Demon Arms during his fight, but would always work on them first before using them. I would make him use a strange magic to do so, with no one truly knowing how he learned it and him claiming it to be a revelation of God. The magic could foreseen a new land or faction.

And for a climax of him, I would have him chase demons to hell and fight in a devastated land with demons and even his allies running from him, only to end in a shot of him covered in blood and not looking human anymore (something like a picture of Guts from Berserk, but smiling)

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I think the vendetta should come from the man's nature. He would be a murderer and a psychopath, and a meticulous maniac who consider his killing spree as an art or something. He would have joined the new group during an existential crisis to have a "goal" in his life, and would redirect his anger toward demons and half breed. After hearing about Nero and figuring out what he is, he would go and try to kill him, but fails to do so because of Nero's power. His obsession for perfection would lead him to search a way to kill Nero, either by gaining power or earning new weapons.

I would use him to show the darkest side of human's thirst for violence and how one can hide his violent impulsion behind a mask. To do this, I would make the man very polite toward other, and willing to help everyone in need like a good priest. He would also have a good artistic culture. But when confronted with demons, he would lost it and transform into a cunning and violent killer. To support this, I would often have him showed in as a demonic figure with a huge grin on his face, but also in some "artistic" pose. Something like a fusion between Anderson and Jhin from League of Legends.

In the story, he would be a great help during an invasion, but would be disturbing to witness for his allies. He would gain Demon Arms during his fight, but would always work on them first before using them. I would make him use a strange magic to do so, with no one truly knowing how he learned it and him claiming it to be a revelation of God. The magic could foreseen a new land or faction.

And for a climax of him, I would have him chase demons to hell and fight in a devastated land with demons and even his allies running from him, only to end in a shot of him covered in blood and not looking human anymore (something like a picture of Guts from Berserk, but smiling)

Wow!

Such a character like this needs to be brought out next game. What would be his origin story? How his existence came to be. Human, demon or half-breed? Wait... he's pure human right?

He'll probably be like this with Nero yet less clumsy

What would be a fitting name for him and his arsenal? Nero's got a tough arm, plus a rev-up motorcycle sword & revolver.

Last edited:

Hungry Alien

Wow!

Such a character like this needs to be brought out next game. What would be his origin story? How his existence came to be. Human, demon or half-breed? Wait... he's pure human right?

He'll probably be like this with Nero yet less clumsy

What would be a fitting name for him and his arsenal? Nero's got a tough arm, plus a rev-up motorcycle sword & revolver.
For the arsenal, I would give him a unique weapon which can multiply himself (much like Anderson bayonnets coming from nowhere), and give him a control over them. He would make them appear and surround an area in a circle, with some of them overing above him in a "artistic" way. The point would be for him to put on a "stage". The weapons would also "follow" his lead, like moving in rythm when he laugh or follow a pose. For an exemple, something like Irelia's Blade from League of Legends, but with him being able to fight himself.

For a ranged weapon, a single gun which can be altered into a sniper. The sniper would fit his obsession for perfection. He would be a master gunslinger, with many tricks like making the bullet bounce off environments or enemies to hit from unexpected angle.

He would be fully human, and would have grown as a normal child. But on one fatefull day, he would have encounter a rift and peeked into it only to witness a land unseen until now. This event would have dramatically altered his mind and gave him a strange magic. He would then become a murderer obessed by what he see as an art. With time, he would have improved his control over what he consider as a gift from God, leading to his ability to reforge Devil Arms. For the unknow land, it would be the"lowest" part of Hell called the abyss, a place demons from the "normal" Hell we know had sealed away out of fear of what is inside. For a comparaison, it would not be a conventional place, but a dark Abyss where physics is altered and a hostile place home to demons who adapted to it. The only sense of "order" this abyss would have is a territorial split between the strongest and oldest being in here (which would be inspired from Lovecraft cosmic horror). Otherwise it would be like an almost pitch black place with the habitants being able to manipulate reality (the territorial split is based on the elder's influence over the place).

The man's encounter with the rift would be no coincidence, but a part of a scheme from one of the elder. The man having a unusual strong will, he wistanded the abyss and have been able to draw power from it.

I'm getting kinda far from just a rival for Nero, but I like my character's origin :happy:

Rafikator

NO DANTE THIS IS NOT A PARTY I AM TRYING TO.....
I Would want someone that is sorta like knuckles if you know what i mean knuckles's debut in sonic games is sonic going at full speed as super sonic and knuckles just pops out and stops him form moving forward taking all the emeralds
just make it so that he steals a demon kill from nero and as nero tries to beat him up the rival just pummels nero even if he uses DT
and now nero has someone that ****es him off enough so that he want to get a run back

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
An angelo powered by another cambion, former general of mundus who was trapped in the demon world

And escaped in fortuna through the gates

Now that Dante and Vergil are in the demon world , he comes out of hiding and goes on a rampage

I'd give him power superior to that of Vergil as nelo Angelo, and make him roughly equal to Nero

But with way more fighting experience

Weapons: dual swords , a claymore sword and a scythe

Powers

Super strength, speed and agility on par with Nero

Regeneration

Demonic and energy manipulation of objects and weapons

Elemental power over lightning and air

Teleportation

Weapons master

Expert in Martial arts of all kinds including weapons martial arts

Expert marksman

Telekinesis

Able to conjure barriers

Ability to shapeshift to look human so he can blend in

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A character like Neopolitan from RWBY would be interesting. She's a mute henchwoman who fights with acrobatics and mirror-based illusions. Her being mute allows for a different approach to comedy and allows for some mystery.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any ideas on making a rival who’ll also become Nero’s battle partner?

would be nice to introduce someone who Nero would remind himself of Credo.

I feel it's too much if Nero have rival anytime soon, and if they did that isn't like the story repeat it self? like the new version of Dante and Vergil ! that's lame and boring in my opinion if there is no evolving in the story timeline and reveal more facts or side of story like how did Dante really escape the underworld in DMC 2 ? the novel they published to clarify that is barely used DMC 2 as reference it should have more into that and more convincing explanation. there are more things need to be revealed. I'm just saying the story needs more focus and depth than it does currently.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Is anyone in for a rival where one who was human had a demon arm surgically?

How to make that work?

Picard

Starfleet Demon
How to make that work?

That is actually an idea I toyed with, inspired - funnily enough - partly by D.Gray man and partly by some theories floating back in DMC4 days. Basically, you could have a (former?) Order knight who was injured and had demon arm grafted on as a replacement for his lost normal arm (kinda like Allen from Zone manga, prequel to D.Gray Man). Now, it could also be governmental experimentation post-DMC5, but I believe connection to Order might be better due to Nero's own history; it would make it personal.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
That is actually an idea I toyed with, inspired - funnily enough - partly by D.Gray man and partly by some theories floating back in DMC4 days. Basically, you could have a (former?) Order knight who was injured and had demon arm grafted on as a replacement for his lost normal arm (kinda like Allen from Zone manga, prequel to D.Gray Man). Now, it could also be governmental experimentation post-DMC5, but I believe connection to Order might be better due to Nero's own history; it would make it personal.

Good point. But what do you think of adding Liquid Ocelot in the mix? And since Nero & this one can be almost like Gene & Azel from God Hand, there could be something.

I can see a glaive as his signature weapon. And I do like the idea of him being formerly part of the Order. Was he a general, officer or a knight back then?

If there needs to be personal stuff going on for this one and Nero, there needs to be some bits of Credo in this character, even how he used to have feelings for Kyrie before Nero showed up.

He'll need a good name fitting.

Taunts?

Top Bottom