• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A questuion i could see nero asking in dmc6

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
"So sparda, if the guy was so powerful what got him killed?" Purely because Nero seems intent on questioning things dante and Virgil just accepted,like sparda just disappearing. Think his time working for an order of demons could've really led to him being more inquisitive than dante. Tbh I kinda enjoy him being the straight man of dmc, the one who can still have fun with it all but won't be stupid about it

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
He probably will.

The obvious answer is Mundus and I had this idea of Mundus possessing Sparda's corpse in a potential. So Nero could ask that question in the opening of that story.

I've seen a few Sparda gone evil pitches for DMC6 and I wouldn't mind that either.

But you could always use the next bad guy as the one who killed Sparda.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well sparda did split his power into multiple pieces, between 3 swords at least

So he was not at full power by any means when he was killed

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Well sparda did split his power into multiple pieces, between 3 swords at least

So he was not at full power by any means when he was killed
Also maybe I misspoke, because we never even confirmation that he's even dead. And even at a third of his power let's say, dmc3 dante level at most, whod be able to kill him?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Also maybe I misspoke, because we never even confirmation that he's even dead. And even at a third of his power let's say, dmc3 dante level at most, whod be able to kill him?

He was noted as dead in the opening text for the first game.

How he died or who killed him is left vague.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well he may have died due to aging, it is said dante would be immortal if he stayed in his devil trigger form. So it is possible sparda aged due to sealing his power away.

@devil_inside123

DMC 3 dante was below dmc1 and dmc2 dante, so plenty of dmc1 and dmc2 boss tier foes could possibly beat sparda at that level potentially for all we know.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well he may have died due to aging, it is said dante would be immortal if he stayed in his devil trigger form. So it is possible sparda aged due to sealing his power away.

@devil_inside123

DMC 3 dante was below dmc1 and dmc2 dante, so plenty of dmc1 and dmc2 boss tier foes could possibly beat sparda at that level potentially for all we know.
It's possible but it doesn't fit the series DMC tends to be for me.

It feels anticlimactic.

Top Bottom