• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A question about Final fantasys music

aka958

Don't trust people
I like the music and I'm currently making an RPG in RPG maker and I personally hate their music they got so i imported my FF Music and now i wonder. What are my limitations when i got FF music in the RPG game i've done?
I mean legal limitations.
Like can i publish it and mention that the music comes from the great games of Final Fantasy? Or would that be illegal?

Keaton

Premium
If you are serious about the game and intend to publish it on a Free to Play website ie. Newgrounds, it would be better if the music was Royalty Free. I'm not 100% on the legal mumbo in regards to this, since many games online pilfer other soundbites etc from the mainstream.

IMO (correct or not), you can use it as long as you are NOT making any money from the game and that you credit the original composers/companys.

Alas, its not an easy thing to determine really.
If you can get Royalty Free, that would be your best bet, otherwise, take the chance at your own risk ^^

Keaton

Premium
Royalty Free basically means that you don't need to pay anyone Royalties (a fee) for using it.

Keaton

Premium
Usually you can find websites that offer royalty free music for download.
TBH, if your making this RPG at home without the intent to publish yet, use whatever music you have. Then when the games al done, approach the problem of music then.

Afterall, if its for your own privite use, using the music won't be a problem.

aka958

Don't trust people
Thought so. Then can't take away my private use for music at least :D
Thanks Keaton you've been a great help.
High five!

Top Bottom