• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Prequel based off of Sparda's life?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
then whats the weapon Nelo Angelo uses?
My fanfix idea was that before Vergil fought mundus, he fought another demon and kicked it's ass getting the sword and armor as a devil arm. But when mundus was brainwashing him, he cursed the armor and sword to act as brainwashing tools.

But that's not true and stylish Nero is probably right.
Its either

A. Yamato but sheathed or hidden to conceal Vergil's identity.

B. Another sword after Mundus defeated Vergil......I guess his sword was lost and then later the Order found it.

So fans want to know the exact demon who killed Eva.

As for Sparda's fate............not sure if it would be wise to spoil want happens to Sparda after giving birth to 2 kids will spoil it even for a sequel.....unless if its about him dying....then sure. His fate is better saved off for a sequel to shock the viewers if they find out.

I think Nero's addition to DMC4 was properly timed.......its the deliverance that sucked.
It's more fodder for a prequel because DMC3 raised interest in that area but it would be interesting to dwelve into because it is a enemy Dante has a personal stake versus 2,4, or the anime which you didn't really need Dante for.

I think it depends on whether or not you want to do a sparda game or how many you want to do.

I would say the deliverance sucked because itsuno and bingo probably didn't know what to do with him or wanted to do Different things than what kobayashi who was producer and nero's creator wanted so there was internal Strife.

Most of the presentation woes were preventable.

I wouldn't say timing was perfect because it felt more of a rehash of what 3 was about. Had 3 not been about Dante's youth/coming of age and had followed up 2 and had Dante in he'll, it might have set up 4 better.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
well the agnus did say the sword belonged to a demon named Nelo Angelo

Then it must be a design issue.

I mean I don't ever recall seeing Yamato in DMC1 outside Sparda's outfit which has a Yamato and not even that looked like DMC3-DMC4 Yamato.

I assume Kobayashi or Itsuno/Bingo wanted to do a traditional Japanese Samurai sword for Yamato due to its name.....wait was Yamato even named in DMC1?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Then it must be a design issue.

I mean I don't ever recall seeing Yamato in DMC1 outside Sparda's outfit which has a Yamato and not even that looked like DMC3-DMC4 Yamato.

I assume Kobayashi or Itsuno/Bingo wanted to do a traditional Japanese Samurai sword for Yamato due to its name.....wait was Yamato even named in DMC1?

It was properly named. Even had the Japanese version of the word Yamato in its description along with the English one.

well the agnus did say the sword belonged to a demon named Nelo Angelo

When does he say that? I only remember him saying that it belonged to a powerful demon but without saying the name. The only Nelo Angelo reference I remember from DMC4 is in the description of either Bianco Angelo or Alto Angelo (one of the two only) where it says their armor was made from the shards of the armor of a demon called the Black Angel - assuming they mean Nelo Angelo of course.

Nelo The Great

It was properly named. Even had the Japanese version of the word Yamato in its description along with the English one.

When does he say that? I only remember him saying that it belonged to a powerful demon but without saying the name. The only Nelo Angelo reference I remember from DMC4 is in the description of either Bianco Angelo or Alto Angelo (one of the two only) where it says their armor was made from the shards of the armor of a demon called the Black Angel - assuming they mean Nelo Angelo of course.
I must be mistaken. But i still belive Nelo Angelo's weapon is the awakened version of the Yamato

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
A sparda prequel.

Yeah DLC.
my-job-here-is-done-en-ffffff

Nelo_Vergil

On topic- doing one is cool but not really necessary.

i agree. In a way sparda is already complete making a game based off him is.... well going backwards to a new degree considering he fought all the enemies that dante is fighting.

As for the nelo angelo sword thing you guys were talking about i like the idea of nelo angelo's sword being the awakened yamato or better yet a corrupted version. Though i guess capcom never really took time to explain something so small.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
i agree. In a way sparda is already complete making a game based off him is.... well going backwards to a new degree considering he fought all the enemies that dante is fighting.

As for the nelo angelo sword thing you guys were talking about i like the idea of nelo angelo's sword being the awakened yamato or better yet a corrupted version. Though i guess capcom never really took time to explain something so small.

OMG! Where have YOU been all this time?!!:blink:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Just read through the thread, and realized something.
Capcom seems to have retconned the fate of Sparda somwhere inbetween the games...
Since there is so much confusion about his fate. I clearly remember that in the opening
of DMC1 where his story is told, the game stated that he ruled in the Human World until his death, but that's just my two cents...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Just read through the thread, and realized something.
Capcom seems to have retconned the fate of Sparda somwhere inbetween the games...
Since there is so much confusion about his fate. I clearly remember that in the opening
of DMC1 where his story is told, the game stated that he ruled in the Human World until his death, but that's just my two cents...

If you play DMC4, Sparda ruled Fortuna and the people worshiped him as a god.

Top Bottom