• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Prequel based off of Sparda's life?

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Would this be at all a good idea?

is the sky high?

id LOVE a prequel. especially in the new DmC universe as we dont know what happened there

still id love to play as him in a prequel. where you need to defeat mundus etc. as he has always been this presence but he never actually got any real development with him. hes just there.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Easy. Just an OVA of Sparda's life during his whole rebel against the Prince of Darkness part. It would at least fill in some of the holes of Sparda's past.

Agility

"Known"
No because all people are gonna do is be like "DANTE!" Where is "DANTE!"

Why didn't they do a new game with "DANTE" blah blah blah!

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Maybe. There would be a lot of risk. The game would have to be absolutely perfect. The slightest mistake would create masive backlash but if they did it right...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Maybe. There would be a lot of risk. The game would have to be absolutely perfect. The slightest mistake would create masive backlash but if they did it right...
The main problem with doing Sparda is making him live up the mystery which is tricky.

other problem is where to stop because with sparda you have 2000+ years to play with and there is no real reason to go back to Dante.

No because all people are gonna do is be like "DANTE!" Where is "DANTE!"

Why didn't they do a new game with "DANTE" blah blah blah!
Thats because of the out of left field nature of nero who no one saw coming. if 4 was about Sparda or vergil people might not have been so loud.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

other problem is where to stop because with sparda you have 2000+ years to play with and there is no real reason to go back to Dante
maybe he will turn into stone like asura for 1999 and by then we would have play a hole year :p:troll:

and yeah why the hell not id love to play as dantes daddy :p.....but still it would not be cool cuz sparda has alwayz been a back story of the past....if they make it like wanted it might work for a couple of missions thats is :)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I and many others are fine about Nero being in DMC4...he is a good addition to make the series last longer.

As for Sparda prequel game......it would ultimately ruin the thing called being a "Legend" or 'a Mystery"...Sparda's mystery where literally one of the few things that actually added depth to the DMCverse and even uniqueness....if you make a game that explains all the mysteries behind him that would kill the major leg of the DMC franchise.

The most they can do is make a game that goes into more details about certain aspects about Sparda that was already explained to add more depth to Sparda and his character....meaning a game showcasing his rebellion against Mundus and most preferably his adventures to Temen-Ni-Gru....since that one can easily has more unexplained details to it such as the who the hell is this priestess chick and also more details of the creation of the tower and who made them (apparently humans) cause I find the TnG (Temen-Ni-Gru for short) or TNG the most important aspect of demon history in DMC.

Why??? It was the original hell gate that allowed demons to enter and it was how Sparda sealed off the demon world as explained in DMC(1) even if it isn't how Kamiya planned...

I feel the TnG concept has potential for ideas for future DMC games.....if Capcom is smart but seeing how DMC4 connected so well with DMC3 & DMC1 & even has brought up ideas relating to DMC2 and how well written games like Resident Evil & MegaMan(not the original both mostly X-Zero-ZX-Legends & Battle Network-Starforce). I'm sure Capcom can do it.

But as a separate game......no....unless if Capcom wants to turn DMC into another Resident Evil.

The smartest move is DLC this way we can get it and a DMC game that furthers the plot and current storyline and still get our money's worth...I say $10-$20....maybe $30 knowing its Capcom.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
The main problem with doing Sparda is making him live up the mystery which is tricky.

other problem is where to stop because with sparda you have 2000+ years to play with and there is no real reason to go back to Dante.
Using Sparda to escape the unresolve plot holes. Good thing that after 4 games they haven't thought of it.

I would prefer that Sparda becomes an unlockable character after a certain mode with a full moveset.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Using Sparda to escape the unresolve plot holes. Good thing that after 4 games they haven't thought of it.

I would prefer that Sparda becomes an unlockable character after a certain mode with a full moveset.
Not that many unanswered questions that need in-depth answering.

How sparda/Eva died, is Vergil dead, what is nero's parentage, why did Dante go so quiet in 2, and what is the timeline of the series.
That's all I need.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

How sparda/Eva died, is Vergil dead, what is nero's parentage, why did Dante go so quiet in 2, and what is the timeline of the series.
That's all I need.

^ This and did Rebellion have a purpose like the past swords of Sparda?

Nelo The Great

Maybe they should just make a game with bits and peices inbetween games, with different characters in the series. kinda like on big collage of memories.

^ This and did Rebellion have a purpose like the past swords of Sparda?
and why dosent the rebellion transform into an awesome weapon like the yamato and force edge?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

That's all I need.

I can answer one thing.......Eva...she was well....you know...........killed by demons.....there one question answered:D

Sparda.........he is just passed away............the better question is why........or maybe there was some other reason behind it...maybe he was assassinated:blink:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Maybe they should just make a game with bits and peices inbetween games, with different characters in the series. kinda like on big collage of memories.
You mean more like doa dimensions?

and why dosent the rebellion transform into an awesome weapon like the yamato and force edge?
The Yamato doesn't transform.
In story reason is dante could not know it does because he does not seem to know the full extent of what he can do.

I can answer one thing.......Eva...she was well....you know...........killed by demons.....there one question answered:D

Sparda.........he is just passed away............the better question is why........or maybe there was some other reason behind it...maybe he was assassinated:blink:
I think people might want a more in-depth answer plus this should have been answered already.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry

the thing is i dont ever recall them saying he DIED. just that he vanished. i mean its implied he bit the dust but noone outright says it. so im wondering maybe he had to leave Eva and the kids for a reason. i wanna see a game that explains why he decided to rebel when he had no past reasons for it and why he fell in love with Eva.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think people might want a more in-depth answer plus this should have been answered already.

I think Nero's intro could have been put off for a game or two, just letting 4 close off most mysteries left over and just teasing nero at the end to set up for 5.

So fans want to know the exact demon who killed Eva.

As for Sparda's fate............not sure if it would be wise to spoil want happens to Sparda after giving birth to 2 kids will spoil it even for a sequel.....unless if its about him dying....then sure. His fate is better saved off for a sequel to shock the viewers if they find out.

I think Nero's addition to DMC4 was properly timed.......its the deliverance that sucked.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I am currently making a fanfiction about it, but still only on chapter 5. (alot of people seem to like it, so i'll make more.)
It is findable in the fanfiction section.
Also, when I master the UDK, i'll turn it into an animation/movie. (purely fanfiction, of course)

Top Bottom