• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Nero theory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absinthe_Minded

Virgil's Stalker
Ok ok, so I haven't actually played any of the Devil May Cry games, and trust me I know what you are thinking; OMFG!! A Devil May Cry poser!. Well your thoughts put aside, I have watched my boyfriend play them about a billion times, I love watching it I love the characters and I love the storyline...So when I found out about Devil May Cry 4, I needed to see it!, apon further inspection of the game I realized that Dante wasn't the main character, trust me there was a collective groan of dissapointment from the both of us. Now Ive heard a couple of theories about Nero, one being that he is a clone *rolls eyes*, another being that he was Virgil, that thought got me excited because Virgil is my favourite character, but looking at the Capcom website I found a small thing that changed my opinion about that...Yes I was holding my breath for some small possibility that it was true... The difference, that one small thing, is a letter...yes a stinking letter... Virgil was refered to in Devil May Cry as Nelo Angelo and this new guy is Nero Angelo...so in my mind there is still a small ray of hope...But as I was watchinng Devil May Cry being beat for the umpteenth time I realized that the second time Dante defeats Mundus, Mundus voels to be back and Danet says, "Say Hello to my Son!" And then they place starts to fall apart, blah, blah, blah. Well that got me thinking about what if Nero is Dante's son? I dont know its just a theory...Let me know what you think...And if anyone could tell me if Virgil is in DMC4 that would be awesome...Also if anyone could let me know who is the bad guy...If they have released this info yet...
*~Little bit of info: On a gamers' site they wrote that the games go 3-1-4-2... If anyone can give me info on that too that would be great!~*

Mobfigurz

Good theory, but is Mundus making an appearence in DMC4 to justify the, 'say hello to my son'.
If he is then we should take that to mean the time line is about a thousand years down the line, but then that throws up some more questions, for instance, are the Order trying to open the gate for Mundus and if so, why? Since they are the followers of Sparda.

But your theory is good, since I remember one of the creators/writers saying that there was a link between Vergil, Dante and Nero, also, Vergil being called Nelo Angelo was a mistake, it was a spelling error since his name was meant to be Nero Angelo (Dark/Black Angel)
And the series timeline is correct, 3-1-4-2

Absinthe_Minded

Virgil's Stalker
My boyfriend made a comment the other day about how Dante and Virgil have to be about two thousand years old....I cant remember why, at this point, too early in the morning for me, so even if we went a thousand years down the line it wouldn't really matter, right? Maybe there is corruption in the Order some how?

At first the other theory that I thought was that Nero was like the long lost brother, though that wouldnt really work out... Though if you follow anime rules white hair is usually on a rellitivly bad or corrupt person...(e.g. Dante and Virgil are the son of a demon, Sephiroth, Yazoo, Kadaj, and the other guy from FF Advent Children, all moderatly evil and have white hair...or greyish white...) So if he were to be Dante's son or a realitive of Dante and Virgil he would be corrupt with the Demon-ness inside him too...

Thank you for fixing the hole Nelo/Nero thing up for me...and the timeline....

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Absinthe, you made a very interesting and possible theory there. Nero has white hair, is younger than Dante, and has (more or less) the same type of weapons as him. But just one thing-who's tha Mother?? :lol:

PS "Virgil" is spelt "Vergil.

PSS. Don't double post.;)

anit4e

Gaara *kiss*
i know that i may sound silly but what if Nero is son of Vergil(sounds stupid i know) but WHAT IF?? Nero was an orphan,he is not a FUNNY guy,he wants to do things SOLO...he looks more like Vergil by character to me.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
That is a very good theory indeed, but what i know and i know a lot of info because and i can speak and understand japanese writing....i find that nero is no realtion to Dante, Vergil, or Sparda, and Some people say that Capcom is saying that DMC 4 is a replacement for DMC 2 because they were ashamed of how bad it was.
Nobody knows who the bad guy is yet either...and nero's arm seems to play a big role in DMC 4. Dante on the other hand is just doing his own thing but we're seeing things from nero's point of view in DMC 4.
Now nero's arm was in fact part of a demons, a demon probably like sparda...check the gallery on the DMC 4 website or they should have the picture here in the galleries....well anyway the picture shows nero standing there and his arm glowing while behind him is a picture of a demon.
Another thing is that None of the Sparda's sons are evil, Vergil's not evil why because he just wanted power but since Dante defeated him in DMC 3 he safriced himself for some reason.
Dante's not evil because....well come on people you should know why, and again Dante may seem evil in the DMC 4 trailers and etc. but again again he's not, just since we're are going to play as nero and go through his point of view Dante comes off as he is evil...now Nero on the other hand we'll just have to wait and see now won't we.
That's about all for now.......

jenny01

i say nero is the son of dante because i heard the same thing that dante told mudus that "say hello to my son will ya" and i say nero is dantes son, dont anyone get mad at me but i know a lot about Devil May Cry, because i played ALL devil may cry 1,2,3, and also the special edition plus i have them all i own each one, plus im only 14 and ive beaten them all by myself.

aoshi

OK this speculation has been done before.But i jus have gameplay videos that hint nero angelo bein nero.I am basin this from the gameplay styles of the two characters.
Capcom have pulled a big one us earlier by disguising arkham as jester.I would not be surprised if they pull another one.

here is the link to nero angelo gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8x_V8if4-g

here is the linkn to nero's stinger video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-spTDFX1H-k

I dont see much difference in their stinger's or forward thrusts.The followthroughs of the move too are very similar.So wat do u guys think?

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
right, from listening to everyone else, i have come up with this:

nero's possesed arm is vergil and that is why he dislikes dante

maybe nero is dante's son and because of this vergil could posses him easier because he is in his family

ps. dante is not evil he's just not the main character.

well some interesting points being made. i believe that nero has no relation to sparda. in fact i believe he was created the same way trish was. i'm not too sure but this seems more probable then all this son of dante or vergil stuff..

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Hey, i know your position. I was in it. hehehehe...watching my now ex-bf play the games, not to mention the fact that he would use my ps2 because he fried his. but i became instantly addicted to the games, once i actually started to play them, so seriously play them.
As for your theory, i think Nero could be a clone of Vergil, that's what makes the most sense to me. But unfortunely Capcom will not tell us anything on this matter, so we'll just have to wait, won't we?

D

Deleted member 209

I jus thought that what if Mary was his mother?

It would make a lil bit of sense as nobody really knows what happened between her and Dante afterwards. She obviously became an orphan when she was younger so WHAT IF she was raised in the knights order as one of their slayer ppl? coz she knew that story about Sparda and nobody else in the game seems to coz the cult seem obsessed with Sparda so they would tell the legend no?

I jus thort about it. Tell me what u think? (even if u think its a load of poo) :p

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
pinky750;15774 said:
right, from listening to everyone else, i have come up with this:

nero's possesed arm is vergil and that is why he dislikes dante

maybe nero is dante's son and because of this vergil could posses him easier because he is in his family

ps. dante is not evil he's just not the main character.
He only hates him because he killed their high priest.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
*~ lil lady ~*;15805 said:
I jus thought that what if Mary was his mother?

It would make a lil bit of sense as nobody really knows what happened between her and Dante afterwards. She obviously became an orphan when she was younger so WHAT IF she was raised in the knights order as one of their slayer ppl? coz she knew that story about Sparda and nobody else in the game seems to coz the cult seem obsessed with Sparda so they would tell the legend no?

I jus thort about it. Tell me what u think? (even if u think its a load of poo) :p

probably not because if you saw the prologe to DMC 3 she says that her father aka arkham/Jester told her about sparda remember.....

D

Deleted member 209

chob101;15844 said:
probably not because if you saw the prologe to DMC 3 she says that her father aka arkham/Jester told her about sparda remember.....

o sugar! :lol: yeah I remember tht. BUT what if Arkham onli knew about the story through Kalina Anne or if they both followed the same religion and regarded Sparda as a hero? Like the cult people do. And Arkham seems to b the onli human that seems to kno about Sparda (because no other humans have been introduced bar Mary).

Its worth thinkin about no? (if nebody thinks considering that is worthwhile). I dunno

D

Deleted member 209

chob101;15939 said:
i agree...

u agree with my theory? :\ or r u jus sayin tht 2 shut me up? :lol: o/j

I think he's tied to Dante tho.. enemies in the game seem to have some sort of connection. ^_^

aoshi

I think the game is about revealing nero's identity.He himself does not know who he is and why he has the devil bringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom