• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A little let down

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I completed DMC4, about 15 mins ago.

OK, well first off let me say that I did enjoy the game. It was new, it looked great and the story wasnt bad.

But... after finishing it I'm really disappointed. I was expecting 'costume unlocked' etc, and looking forward to the new content I could mess around with on my second run.

But then.. there was nothing. I unlocked Bloody Palace and Son of Sparda (Hard mode) and that was it.

So I look on gamefaqs, to find that theres only one unlockable costume for each of them, which is
the regular 'Super' versions, which you must beat Dante Must Die to obtain, and have no visual difference

Maybe I was expecting too much, but I was looking forward to a myriad of unlockables, (for which I could have sworn I heard the game had been praised for). But at the very least, two or three unlockable costumes for Dante and Nero.

I enjoyed playing the game, but now I've just got a bit of a disappointing after taste :(

Swoosh

Two words: Downloadable content. Capcom isn't dumb, they know the fans want unlockable costumes, weapons, the works. Why put that in the game when they can charge people for it? Now, I'm not saying that's right in any way, it's merely marketing, something every company does. Now, this diesn't mean for sure that there will be unlockables, but I'd put money on it.

***EDIT***

Super costumes give unlimited DT.

june34

well if you bet Dante must Die mode then you would have gotten super Dante and super Nero

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
^ Yeah, but I like to see some different costumes, not just infinite DT :/ Plus to unlock it I have to do pretty much everything first, at which point I wont really have anything to use it for.

I really hope theres DLC (Im assuming there will be..) but gah, that means yet more waiting.

Top Bottom