• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Castlevania direction and Remakes topic

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Just a discussion topic in light of LoS coming out[I'm late,but what the hell.]

First the remakes topic :

For me the best remake would also be a transition to 3D.While the Castlevania series has it's share of remakes,I was wondering if there is a need to remake some the most important games from 2D to 3D,just to give the Castlevania fans a better taste of 3D.While the recipes for the 3D aren't always successfull,the PS2 games came quite close.With Lords of Shadow,I hope that 3D Castlevanias will be more in the future.Hear that Konami?Give mr IGA more resources to do that.

That's me.^_^

Now on the directions topic :

Well...the reboot was nice[goddmit for giving Gabriel a rumanian accent in the game...if you aren't giving Zobeck don't give Gabe either.That was killing it/my only rant of the game:p]it was a bit needed I believe :

The storyline...well...the original one is getting a bit...finished.I mean how many more story driven games can we get of the Belmonts Vs. Dracula.

Very few,with the 1999 final battle as the most prominent and fan-wanted one...and 3 or 4 after that...then it's over unless we get some Belmont or cousins of Belmonts Vs random Necromancer + Death stealing Drac's powers...but they would be largely fanservicey[I don't mind though].Even with that in mind there are many things that can be done with Castlevania,both the new storyline and with the old one where most of us know better due to it hanging around more.

Here are my ideas as to how keep both storylines not only alive,but successfull and awesome[fanservice games or anime fighter style Castlevanias don't count but they are always welcome,like Judgement] :

First give IGA and his team some more resources and have him keep making the 2D ones on the DS and possibly the 3DS...perhaps.Have him remake some of the old favourites one way or another[2D(classic style) or 3D(LoI/CoD,64 Castlevania)] for the 3DS and have him make some 3D titles for the PSP...what's left or another fighter like Judgement...or even a fanservice-cross adventure game like the dreamcast one was intended would be more than welcome.

Second,continue the collab with MercurySteam.It would be an absolute waste to just throw the sequel ball and then finish it...they did such an epic job and the timeline has so,but so much potential that it can evolve into a great medieval --> modern times fantasy with Dracula at the center of it all...just saying.Anyway,it seems that now that they've learned from mr.Kojima too,they can do fine on their next assignment.Keep them coming.

How about you,Castlevania fans of the forum,anything to say?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Devil Bane;284334 said:
How about you,Castlevania fans of the forum,anything to say?

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

aka958

Don't trust people
Lexy;284361 said:
What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Fight for their lifes and die for their sins!

Or something like that. I don't remember. But the Rondo of Blood/Dracula X chronicles followed up with Symphony of the Night is my favorite out of all Castlevania games. =D

moseslmpg

There have already been a few games where you don't fight Dracula, but you can't really move away from him since he is the whole reason the series exists. I personally would like to have seen something like the Castlevania Resurrection on Dreamcast, with a female protagonist in 3D and a female dracula villain.

I think that more female protagonists in general would be good, since Castlevania tends to present women as damsels in distress to the extreme, with the exception of Sypha and Shanoa. It is a shame they didn't keep the storyline with Sonia as the progenitor of the Belmonts.

I don't really know that they need to do a remake or change the series actually. People like the series for its constancy. Although with Dracula and Chaos gone, the future of the story is essentially dead. The only thing I can think of is Mecha-Dracula in the 24th and a half century, laser whips, and Cyber Alucard.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I am not a huge fan of Castlevania, since I only played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

As for now, I am more interested with 3D Castlevania games like Lament of Innocence, Curse of Darkness and Lords of Shadow than old 2D Castlevania games.

Alos, I am more intrigued with the newly rebooted Castlevania: Lords of Shadow's sequel, as the game have a great storyline and stuff, and also surprising ending, and I want to see where the sequel takes place.

Good threa. Rep+, Devil Bane. :)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Thanks.It is rumored that it will explain what hapened to Gabe after the ending.Then again,there are rumors that the paid DLC[downloadable] will be that and the next game will be either some years later introducing the Belmonts and Dracula to adopt their current dynamic relationship or simply just pick up from where the ending left.

@ moses : Er...Mecha-Dracula and the rest are a bit extreme and unlikely*sweat drop*.After all Soma,essentially Dracula's reincarnation,hasn't shown any ill intention up to now and he has defeated Chaos and his own power I really doubt he has many enemies left.I'd really like to see one or two more adventures with him but not with him as the main villain[he is welcome in Julius mode like that thought].

Er...Yoko Belnades?Charlotte Alwyn?Maria Renard?I agree that we don't have a whole load of strong women,capable to fight Dracula but we can't forget them either.Anyway,a female Dracula or to be more acurate a full powered Draculina aka Carmilla would be awesome as a game's final boss without the Belmonts.

As for changing the series,there is no need.Konami did the best thing,splitting Castlevania into two timelines so neither will cease to exist as the original is popular with the fans and the new one is starting to get popular too very quickly.However the original due to the 100 year circle of Drac' ress' limits the storyline a bit and if we start having early ress' too much the story will become a joke.New villains for new heroes thought are always welcome and more Death and Carmilla as the major antagonists are always welcome.We have quite a way before we finish the main timeline,but it would probably be this way since we don't have that much of material for the rest of the Drac Vs Belmonts battles[we have...what?4 more battles with a full powered Dracula?].

moseslmpg

Chaos Master;284433 said:
I am not a huge fan of Castlevania, since I only played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

As for now, I am more interested with 3D Castlevania games like Lament of Innocence, Curse of Darkness and Lords of Shadow than old 2D Castlevania games.
You really should play the new GBA and DS games before you make that judgment. I prefer the 2D games in almost every aspect, and they tend to be more carefully crafted IMO.
Devil Bane;284477 said:
@ moses : Er...Mecha-Dracula and the rest are a bit extreme and unlikely*sweat drop*.After all Soma,essentially Dracula's reincarnation,hasn't shown any ill intention up to now and he has defeated Chaos and his own power I really doubt he has many enemies left.I'd really like to see one or two more adventures with him but not with him as the main villain[he is welcome in Julius mode like that thought].
Well that's actually what Aria was going to be, Dracula in the distant future, with laser and robots and stuff. That's why you can get the laser cannon in the game. I'd much rather have that than fighting Dracula ad infinitum. Changing the aesthetic would at least freshen things up. I know Soma isn't bad, but eventually he is going to die, and that means Dracula is going to be reincarnated again (although that really makes no sense TBH).
Er...Yoko Belnades?Charlotte Alwyn?Maria Renard?I agree that we don't have a whole load of strong women,capable to fight Dracula but we can't forget them either.Anyway,a female Dracula or to be more acurate a full powered Draculina aka Carmilla would be awesome as a game's final boss without the Belmonts.
I wouldn't really call them protagonists. They were all very girly and serves mainly as partner characters. They were going to have a female Dracula in Resurrection but it got canned. Shanoa is probably the strongest female protagonist we have gotten, and I think she is the spiritual successor to Sonia.
As for changing the series,there is no need.Konami did the best thing,splitting Castlevania into two timelines so neither will cease to exist as the original is popular with the fans and the new one is starting to get popular too very quickly.However the original due to the 100 year circle of Drac' ress' limits the storyline a bit and if we start having early ress' too much the story will become a joke.New villains for new heroes thought are always welcome and more Death and Carmilla as the major antagonists are always welcome.We have quite a way before we finish the main timeline,but it would probably be this way since we don't have that much of material for the rest of the Drac Vs Belmonts battles[we have...what?4 more battles with a full powered Dracula?].
Well, weren't you asking if the series needed to be changed? I'm pretty sure the main series is going to run out of timeline very soon, so unless they do something major like an Other M style game, it is going to have to die soon. I'm thinking Mecha-Dracula...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;284477 said:
Thanks.It is rumored that it will explain what hapened to Gabe after the ending.Then again,there are rumors that the paid DLC[downloadable] will be that and the next game will be either some years later introducing the Belmonts and Dracula to adopt their current dynamic relationship or simply just pick up from where the ending left.

DLC is a great idea for explaining what happens after the game's ending. :D I also can't wait for the sequel of Lords of Shadows due to well made the story by MercurySteam. :D

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
moseslmpg;284520 said:
Well that's actually what Aria was going to be, Dracula in the distant future, with laser and robots and stuff. That's why you can get the laser cannon in the game. I'd much rather have that than fighting Dracula ad infinitum. Changing the aesthetic would at least freshen things up. I know Soma isn't bad, but eventually he is going to die, and that means Dracula is going to be reincarnated again (although that really makes no sense TBH).

o_OGlad it took the direction it took.Soma really is a great character and the trio that support him are great characters as well.Why would Dracula get ressurected if Soma dies?Wouldn't this take effect if Soma died as Dracula[and in effect Soma's spirit died and was replaced by the original Drac's spirit]?

moseslmpg;284520 said:
I wouldn't really call them protagonists. They were all very girly and serves mainly as partner characters. They were going to have a female Dracula in Resurrection but it got canned. Shanoa is probably the strongest female protagonist we have gotten, and I think she is the spiritual successor to Sonia.

Ok,Yoko was a support character...and I can understand Maria in Chronicles/Rondo of Blood,but later[even if she still was a support character]?16 year old Maria?Or Charlotte?Sure they are girly,but so is every girl their age and Charlotte is as much of a main as Jonathan.

But that doesn't mean we don't need more female protagonists...a twin system would be awesome for the non-Belmonts.:$

moseslmpg;284520 said:
Well, weren't you asking if the series needed to be changed? I'm pretty sure the main series is going to run out of timeline very soon, so unless they do something major like an Other M style game, it is going to have to die soon. I'm thinking Mecha-Dracula...

I was asking about the rest of you,Dracula slaying fans:p;).I already gave my answer to the first post;).

For the rest of you,shoot your opinions too,don't be shy,come on.

Top Bottom