• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

4th wall thingy

KRSkull

Ok so i've been watching a few episode of the ultimate spiderman. And it made me curious. is it possible? Can we break the 4th wall in real life?

berto

I Saw the Devil
The fourth wall is theatre talk. It represents the imaginary wall that faces the audience in the theatre where the cast assumes is a wall and it's the window from which we view their world. The same applies to television and film, the screen is the window from which we see their world. To face the audience and the wall is to break it.

In order for us to break that first wall in the first place you must be able to identify said wall, to address the 'audience' we first need to identify where this 'wall/window' is.

KRSkull

Hmmm, well yes because many believe in a force outside our plane of existence.
Wouldn't that be breaking the forth wall.

Yes that is are true.

In order for us to break that first wall in the first place you must be able to identify said wall, to address the 'audience' we first need to identify where this 'wall/window' is.

Its simple to identify it. Its the wall that separate the people in a room from the people from the street. Most of these walls have windows which people use to look outside.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Its simple to identify it. Its the wall that separate the people in a room from the people from the street. Most of these walls have windows which people use to look outside.
It's not the same thing. Breaking the fourth wall is to break that very reality, to acknowledge it as false and bringing it's very fiction to a halt.

However, I'm pretty sure what you are describing is performance art.

KRSkull

It's not the same thing. Breaking the fourth wall is to break that very reality, to acknowledge it as false and bringing it's very fiction to a halt.

However, I'm pretty sure what you are describing is performance art.

Well actually things doesn't stop or pause but they slow down for less than 5 seconds.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well actually things doesn't stop or pause but they slow down for less than 5 seconds.
not events, no, simply your temporary suspension of reality. Well, unless your five or gullible enough to think the tv is taking you.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Persona!
dsgdsgdsg.gif

Get it? 'Cause you summon a Persona? Ah, never mind. -_-

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Well I could punch a hole in my house's fourth wall.
Would that work?
Cause if I break the fourth wall, with the thought of not being able to break the fourth wall to begin with, then breaking it.
I broke both fourth walls.

Top Bottom