• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

デビルメイクライ Merchandising

berto

I Saw the Devil
I put it like that because it was on my clipboard and it just seem right.

Anyway, while discussing all that about a hardcore fan and merchandising I remembered some rare items I never got my hands on. One of them was the 5th Anniversary stamp collection that was released with the RE 10th anniversary stamps.

3694_01.jpg

So when I found this image it lead me to more merchandise I hadn't seen in years like:

The Rusty Key
4372_01.jpg
http://www.tanomi.com/devil/items04372.html

The Staff of Judgement
4373_01.jpg
http://www.tanomi.com/devil/items04373.html

And the Death Sentence
4374_01.jpg
http://www.tanomi.com/devil/items04374.html

There are more but it looks like none of this is for sale anymore.

Anyway, I made the statement that there wasn't that much in the way in merchandise in the DMC franchise but I started to wonder if there is more than I anticipated so I'm making a merchandise thread to see if any of you know of any other rare DMC items that I've never heard from.

Maybe it should be a standard merchandise thread for people who are browsing. They might find something they like...

Well, for now let's just see how much you guys got to offer, these things might go extra slow so if it needs a boost we'll make it a general merchandise thing, yay or nay? Yay it is!

IncarnatedDemon

Searching for Devil May Cry merchandise gave this:
2ca90549-9a85-4deb-aa61-523a35b114ba.jpg

fe326beb-5bd8-466a-a583-ce80b8ef44d6.jpg

56019048-9501-470f-af9c-3975425d112a.jpg

c2b49ef1-5995-487a-8505-5a9bae0936b9.jpg

c6be4043-60e4-4dac-82ad-70cff078ebb0.jpg

I would definetly be willing to donate around $3 to "Chibi Dante fond", so that he could get this as present.
Chibi is a big fan of Dante, and this would be perfect for his birthday.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Couldn't forget these:
01.jpg

The Poseidon Japan airgun official E&I replicas.
http://www.poseidon.co.jp/3F/E&I/ei1.html

Please note that they do not sell to anyone outside of Japan.

Oh, and this?:
Devil-May-Cry-Decanter-2.jpg

This is technically not merchandise, its memorabilia. This was given to key production members or maybe members of the press. I'm not saying it doesn't belong, just thought that some history and clarification was in order.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That's what you got from that list? What about the track before that: 'I'm Coming.' On it's own, whatever, but follow it with 'Blue Orgasm' and one can't help but giggle.

Honestly, though, I think they might've actually used a poor choice from a thesaurus. They might've look up words in English and one of the words it had a bunch of possible translations and one of those was 'orgasm.' Like those senseless babelfish translations

aoshi

That's what you got from that list? What about the track before that: 'I'm Coming.' On it's own, whatever, but follow it with 'Blue Orgasm' and one can't help but giggle.

Honestly, though, I think they might've actually used a poor choice from a thesaurus. They might've look up words in English and one of the words it had a bunch of possible translations and one of those was 'orgasm.' Like those senseless babelfish translations

'Orgasm' seems an odd translation to whatever was supposed to be. Cuz how many other context can it apply to????

But seeing the release date is Dec 18 and is yet to be released, List does not seem to include reboot. So they don't include reboot in DMC universe????:laugh:

My guess was they only included Tetsuya shibata's work but why call it Devil may cry and not include the reboot.I wish tetsuya stuck around for more DMCs or even the reboot for that matter. But if it were me, in absence of tetsuya, I would have approached masafumi takada(music composer behind Godhand and No more heroes).

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
While I understand it could be a poor choice of words, in this case is quite intentional.
We have "Bloody Bladder", "I'm coming", "Blue Orgasm", "Seeds of Love" by this order, which are direct references to a sexual act.
Knowing Kamiya, he is very found of sexual stuff and innuendos, so this could be his ideas.Against some beliefs, sure we have sexual references in DMC1 too.The only one which doesn't have any is DMC2.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
While I understand it could be a poor choice of words, in this case is quite intentional.
We have "Bloody Bladder", "I'm coming", "Blue Orgasm", "Seeds of Love" by this order, which are direct references to a sexual act.
Knowing Kamiya, he is very found of sexual stuff and innuendos, so this could be his ideas.Against some beliefs, sure we have sexual references in DMC1 too.The only one which doesn't have any is DMC2.
As if DMC4's Lucifer moveset having sexual names and innuendos (not to mention Dante doing so poetically after he kicked Berial's @$$) wasn't good enough... Oh, well! :D

aoshi

"I'm coming", "Seeds of Love"

Oh come on, (No it isn't a sexual reference) They are hardly sexual references. 'Seeds of love' was eva's theme.

Word 'come' does not always have a sexual connotation.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
It wouldn't, if the theme following " Seeds of Love" wasn't "Pillow talk":wink:

Top Bottom