• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Devil May Cry Movie plot

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
it takes time my friend. been working on it for over a year now. and i'm just in the first 30-40 minutes...

Good point. Take your time. But there is one thing I wanna know, on what your script of the devil may cry will have. Will it have any Christian influence?
- Matrix theme (yes/maybe/no)
- God created the universe, Heaven and Earth, Lucifer's banishment to Satan, Jesus' birth, death and resurrection (yes/maybe/no)
- Sparda being a legend, betrayed Satan, Mundus & the rest of his kind. Later travels around the world seeking battle after battle against his race and fights alongside the angels to seek redemption from his sins (yes/maybe/no)
- How he met Eva in the Victorian era and to the modern era (yes/maybe/no)
- Dante gets transported to a limbo version of his old home when he touches some items that regain him memories of his past, like "The Crow"'s Eric Draven (yes/maybe/no)
- Dante and Vergil born as nephilim (yes/maybe/no)
- Kat & Phineas (yes/maybe/no)
- A Tank & Cipher (yes/maybe/no)
- Traveling around the world hunting down demons in order to reach Mundus (yes/maybe/no)
- Pizza & strawberry sundaes (yes/maybe/no)
- Dante's other devil arms from random DMC games (yes/maybe/no)

(please bold)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I thought it was good, just needs to be tighter, the beginning dragged on a little too much for me.

yeah. plus knowing that much of the sparda family's past isn't something i'm too fond of, but hey, it'll be loved by the genreal audience and get DMC back on it's feet again. however, one major thing i don't like, is dante and vergil's personalities. dante seems like he's trying too hard to be cool and vergil acts like andrew from chronicle

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
yeah. plus knowing that much of the sparda family's past isn't something i'm too fond of, but hey, it'll be loved by the genreal audience and get DMC back on it's feet again. however, one major thing i don't like, is dante and vergil's personalities. dante seems like he's trying too hard to be cool and vergil acts like andrew from chronicle

I havent seen chronicle so I cant comment on the similarities but I think "trying too hard to be cool" is something that fits Young Dante so I didnt mind it. I think this is the most sympathethic and most likable Vergil of the three universes and this one has the most believable fall.

So all in all, its a better reboot than the reboot.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If this movie ever appeared. I wonder if Phineas would be the one narrating the entire plot.?Telling about Dante's story and how he came to be the hero he was destined to be.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Thanks. I hope I get to see some Christian influences in this one.

Here's what I would see it.
- Mundus is one of Lucifer; now Satan's generals
- Jesus' birth, death and resurrection inspired Sparda to fight for God's word and for the love of mankind.
- Nephilim were originally giants but now a new variety of nephilim are born in the modern age as hybrids of angel & demon.
dude,
keep religion out of movies and games. Demons and angels are good, but adding jesus and god into mainstream media is gonna **** off a lot of people. I myself am offended by media's portrayal of anything divine

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
dude,
keep religion out of movies and games. Demons and angels are good, but adding jesus and god into mainstream media is gonna **** off a lot of people. I myself am offended by media's portrayal of anything divine

I agree. Adding religion into movies cause a lot of bad publicity, especially if it's used as a parody.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Okay then how would make it the best movie story the world will enjoy and that the movie will be up at the charts!?

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Okay then how would make it the best movie story the world will enjoy and that the movie will be up at the charts!?
The only way you can make DMC a block buster film is by doing the following:
Robert downey jr/ leo di caprio is dante
tom hiddlestone as vergil
jennnifer lawrence as trish
emma watson as lady
liam neeson as sparda
jack nicholson as mundus
Samuel L jackson as some new villain, who lost his ability to say anything other than mother ****a
and morgan freeman has to narrate it all
plus, leo di caprio has to get denied an oscar for his performance

That is the recipe for a good block buster movie

Tetsuya Azuma

Robot Hunter
I'd have a plot like the anime, and I'd hire Trent Reznor to do the film score. And this sounds crazy, but I think Reuben Langdon would be good playing Dante in live action also.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Not adding religion means the would-be-portrayed religions wouldn't give itself a bad name.

As for the possible plot, maybe it might take place after Vergil's Downfall for the beginning. And we know what comes next...

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I thought we were talking about making the perfect live action movie for devil may cry?

There's gotta be a way to make it rise to the charts!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wanted a DMC plot that has allusions to the Wizard of Oz just as a shoutout of the Resident Evil films which had some Alice in Wonderland allusions.

I think it be better if it the movie(s) were more standalone missions, just stories of jobs Dante had done that happened in between the gaps of the games.

Granted they would cover material that we wondered about Dante's life and the lore and backstory of the DMC-verse so that would give it a sense of importance.

I was thinking of using a flashback heavy technique like from LOST or Once Upon A Time so you can use the lesser recieved DMC stories like the anime/4/2/manga as flashbacks that have impacted the present day narrative off that particular film.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
For me, I'd want a movie that really puts Dante to the test.

Dante, son of the legendary Sparda and Eva, is put to the task when he must not only save the human race, but now he must save his own soul. Dante is marked for death by death himself, and now must race against time to complete the tasks needed to prevent his own death, before hell claims his soul for all eternity. But will Dante be able to stop death himself, AND prevent the return of the demon lord Mundus from returning to his thrown over the human world? (And yes, it's DmC)

Actors:
Dante: Machine Gun Kelly
Screen-Shot-2014-02-18-at-8.29.02-PM-e1392777107676.png

Vergil: Johnathan Rhys Meyers
tumblr_muc37g8AcH1qira2wo1_1280.jpg

Kat: Daveigh Chase
Daveigh_Chase_LF_adjusted.jpg

Possible Nero: Andrew Garfield
andrew-garfield-2011.jpg

Everyone else comes later.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What if the dmc movie would be like a combination of the Matrix & the Crow.

Dante would be the Neo & Eric Draven.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I jumped in with DMC3 Dante so I'm more a fan off the idea of Young Dante learning how to live his life and what to stand for rather than watching Old Dante being more dull than dishwater( ex. the anime)

so I rather look at Buffy/Angel or the Marvel Universe for inspiration with the classics and how to tackle characters since Dante feels more like Star-lord from the Guardian of the Galaxy movie or Spike from Buffy (the coolest vampire alive)

The classic series is more skeleton in regards to background info, world building, character info so you have a lot of freedom in creating DMC-verse. You can even edit together the disjointed adventures the canon series tends to feel like, making it a little more cohesive.

on that note, I'd be more into filling out the holes in Dante's past by exploring how he was raised after his mom's death or what he did before/after the stories we have.

Its tricky to introduce DmC into the classic franchise since its a drastically different kind of story.

For example, Having Demons enslave Humanity for thousands of years through Limbo makes Sparda look like a chump. Plus you would have to create whole new characters to fill DmC Mundus/DmC Vergil's roles because the classic version wouldn't act like their reboot counterparts.

So in terms of character design I rather stick to these two examples as references. There a lil closer to reality and less busy/arbitrary than what Dante usually looks like-
http://jarein.deviantart.com/art/Dante-Improved-Redesign-252201566

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any more luck in mixing the stories of DMC & DmC in the movie series?

There must be a way to keep the classic DMC alive.

Top Bottom