• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You Prefer Vergil Friend or Foe in DMC4?

morrigan

It depends from people. I have a sister who has insuperable disagreements with me. We have one blood and we look similar but... we can't even look at each other. I have my reasons to end our relations, she has her own. Sometimes people are too similar or on the contrary have too different views. That's why they can't have any contacts. By the way, we shared a childhood together too. But it can't help. To be friends??? You're kidding.

That's why DMC so close to me.

Zato-OW

King
I think Dante and Vergil has the same relationship as Inuyasha and his older brother(dont know how to spell his name)they are not friends but they always helps each other when they need it.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Sesshoumaru. (I LOVE him he's another Vergil to me ^^.) I somewhat agree with you Zato. Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru always have some kind of arguement when they have to help each other. Vergil and Dante didn't think twice about helping one another. It was almost instinct to them.

As for Inuyasha, let me go off topic for a sec. It seems as of late in the manga, Inuyasha is starting to love Sesshoumaru. (Not in that way!) At least he seems to care about him quite a bit. I can't say the same for Sesshoumaru, but anyways...

Back on topic: Morrigan, I respect your opinion, but I disagree a little bit. You see, I too have a sister that I can't stand. Now I don't hate her because she's my sister, but even though we sharded a childhood together, she's always treated me like crap and never been a real sister to me. Thats why sharing a childhood doesn't help in that department.

The twins however seemed happy together, allow me to assume that from that flashback in DMC1 they got along and where happy, laughing together and stuff. Thats why it would probably be alittle more easier for them, because they actually enjoyed their childhood together.

morrigan

May be you're right. I remember that Dante was sad when he took amulet from Nelo Angelo. But may be you're wrong. Vergil never had a "brother" feelings. He is cruel and insensible. And I like it. But may be deep inside he has some kind of feelings. And he's shy! Ha-ha-ha!!! Who knows?

Anyway... If Vergil will be in DMC4 - foe or friend of Dante... Nelo Angelo or Vergil (human)... It could be great! I still hope...

Zato-OW

King
I think they are showing trish and lady in dmc anime for a reason and not showing vergil also for a reason.They are showing trish and lady in dmc anime because they may not be in dmc4 same goes for vergil, i dont think they are saying anything about him because he may be the returning chracter to suprise everyone.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
morrigan;47940 said:
Vergil never had a "brother" feelings. He is cruel and insensible. And I like it. But may be deep inside he has some kind of feelings. And he's shy! Ha-ha-ha!!! Who knows?

How can we say that Vergil never had brotherly feelings for Dante? And he doesn't seem as cruel and insensible as people exagurate him to be. Look at it this way. Remember when Vergil stabed Arkham? Well something like this could have happend.

Arkham: Does Dante really bother you?
Vergil: What are you talking about?
Arkham: Why didn't you kill him? Perhaps because he is your brother? Did some pesky brotherly love get in your way?

You see? Now I do remeber Arkham calling Vergil away from the fight, but really, if Vergil REALLY wanted to kill Dante, he would have done it. I believe it was brotherly love that got in his way. He could have simplied DTed and killed Dante. But he didn't.

And why would Vergil bring up the subject of protecting someone?

Oh yeah, and I agree Vergil seems alittle shy to me sometimes. ^^ Weird.

Chrysander

I'd like Vergil to pop up in the story from time to time in the early sections, kind of like he did in DMC1, as a bad guy. But then he could be featured fully say 1/2 way through the game, and perhaps help Dante vs a particular boss. But he certainly shouldn't be Dante's ally throughout the game, because Vergil's goals will always be different. Perhaps they could both be after the same thing, and so they would help each other out to get there, but when it comes down to it, they have to fight, like in Double Dragon.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Lets not forget it's been like 20 years. Vergil may be different now. Being possessed and all that, being to hell and back in all.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Nah Dante would not kill him right there.
Vergil who supposedly is closer to evil than Dante did not kill Dante when he had the chance. So Dante as the good guy wouldn't do that either;)

morrigan

Who knows? Remember? Dante said - "Let's finish this, Vergil. I have to stop you even if that means killing you". I think that he was serious.

morrigan

We don't know about fight Vergil vs. Mundus. I mean - result. And there is not any proof of Vergil's defeated. It's one of the greatest secrets of DMC. We don't know also why Vergil turns into Nelo Angelo. He wanted the power...And he still didn't get it. That's why I think his story must be continued. He still has an aim. And he deserves to be a Prince of Darkness instead of Mundus.

Chrysander

morrigan;48099 said:
We don't know about fight Vergil vs. Mundus. I mean - result. And there is not any proof of Vergil's defeated. It's one of the greatest secrets of DMC. We don't know also why Vergil turns into Nelo Angelo. He wanted the power...And he still didn't get it. That's why I think his story must be continued. He still has an aim. And he deserves to be a Prince of Darkness instead of Mundus.

I want to play a game: "Devil May Cry: Vergil's Descent". The game would begin just after DMC3 ends, with Vergil running into the demon realm. Then you'd play 20 levels of slaughter and boss fights, on your way to Mundus. How much would it be awesome? Give him more weapons and styles, and you're set for another spectacular game - who knows what other creatures and characters are in the demon world, he might have made a buddy or two on the way, who helped out, or betrayed him.

Zato-OW

King
Has any one ever wonder just how much damage they can take... i mean dante got stabbed in the stomac and shot in the head and still lived

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
morrigan;48091 said:
Who knows? Remember? Dante said - "Let's finish this, Vergil. I have to stop you even if that means killing you". I think that he was serious.

Please excuse me for bringing up Inuyasha and his brother again. But those two are perfect examples. In almost every single fight, if not every fight. Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru are always ready to kill each other once and for all, and they say it with a serious tone and expression, but of course, they have never got around to it and they never will. Siblings just like to talk trash to each other whether they're beng serious or not.

I think his story must be continued. He still has an aim. And he deserves to be a Prince of Darkness instead of Mundus.

I agree, I wouldn't mind two princes of darkness either. (Both twins) Dante wouldn't have to be evil, but he has his little dark side from time to time too. After all they're both sons of Sparda, I already consider them royalty.

I want to play a game: "Devil May Cry: Vergil's Descent". The game would begin just after DMC3 ends, with Vergil running into the demon realm. Then you'd play 20 levels of slaughter and boss fights, on your way to Mundus. How much would it be awesome? Give him more weapons and styles, and you're set for another spectacular game - who knows what other creatures and characters are in the demon world, he might have made a buddy or two on the way, who helped out, or betrayed him

Woo, I like the way you think. And I love that name you picked for the game.

Has any one ever wonder just how much damage they can take... i mean dante got stabbed in the stomac and shot in the head and still lived

Thats a good question. Although Lady's bullet didn't peirce Dante's skull so there wasn't much harm there.

Lady_0989

#1 For Goodies
I would love to see Vergil as a friend in DMC4 and see the 4 baddest Devil Hunters in action. Acting as a team. Lady, Dante, Trish, and Vergil. Wouldnt you guys like to see them all team up on some super demon and save the world?:) :D

Top Bottom