• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

XBOX 360 vs. PS3

What would you rather do, Get an XBOX 360 for free, or pay $100 for a PS3?

• PS3 for $100 dollars

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • XBOX 360 for free

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxotic

Would you rather get the XBOX 360 for free or pay $100 for PS3? And what do you think would be a better console?

Noxotic

yay, I'm not alone in the world :p
well, besides it being a better console, I'm also a PS fan.

Virgil

its obvious to go with the ps3 i really dont like any of the games comming out on the 360

Nemphtis

Polls like this are pointless, because it doesn't take a genius to tell the outcome.

Let's sit and think here kids. You're viewing a fansite based on a game dedicated to Sony's Playstation console. The fact that you're here means that you own a PS2, but maybe not an Xbox or Xbox360. To make things worse, the PS3 isn't even out yet. How can you sit there and judge how good a console is when you havn't even played the console yet, let alone touched it.

Sometimes I wonder what is worse, Nintendo fanboys or Sony fanboys.

Seigfried

Samurai Bartender
Your right that they cannot make absolute assumption for some of us do not own either one or have true knowledge but people can still make their claims if they really want to.

Also what you said in the beginning is a bit hard to understand what you mean. This is a fansite for a game and not its console. You could like the Xbox or 360 more than the PS2 but as long as you like DMC then you have a right to be here.

And to answer your last question I would have to say Sony fanboys becuase there are alot more of them.

Nemphtis

Let me get into the part you were confused on in more detail then:

What console is the DMC series on? PS2 and soon PS3, which means that it's quite likely that you own a PS2 in order to play the game, which also means there's a decent chance that you're a PS2 fanboy or you don't own any other console other than the PS2.

Let me tell you a quick story, I visit a Golden Sun fansite. Golden Sun is a videogame for the Gameboy Advance. So basically, you just know it's going to be filled with Nintendo fanboys. A few months ago, they held a poll saying which console is the best. PS2, Xbox or Gamecube. Guess what? Gamecube got 38 votes, PS2 got 7 votes, Xbox got 6 votes. Why did we get this outcome? Because the game they love is on a Nintendo console, and they probably don't own any other console so they vote for the only console they have owned or enjoyed, which is the Gamecube. Now, if you visit my website (which is an Xbox Live Clansite) and hold this exact same poll, I will bet you that Xbox will get the most votes, why? Because every member on my site has an Xbox, for sure; which means that it's very likely they will vote for that console the most.

So now, do you understand why it makes such a big difference?

maverick7

i'd go with the PS3 b/c there are more good games coming out. the X-Box 360 is cool and all, but the only good game it will probably have are Halo 3 and probably a Fable sequel.

Seigfried

Samurai Bartender
God! When will people understand that its not the console, but the game that matters! I carry all three consoles and have a variantion of games. I hve never gone with one side or the other but I will admit that I do have a console that I use more than the others, but that does not mean I like that console more. It merely means that there are alot more games on that particular console that I am into...The I am into, not others. Of course this does not make the console better than the nothers in any way for the usage by one person compared to millions of others means nothing. I have always had trouble with crazed fanatics telling me that the console I use more is better since I use it more. But then I have to argure with them that that is not true, for even though I may play more games on that console does not mean it is better becuase there are other things I can use for the other consoles that I would use more than the others. That is just one reason why I hate fanatics.

And just to note, this was not an argument to anyone just a state of opinion that I felt like giving out of stress. Also, Nemphtis, you are completely right on what you said and I noe fully understand what was meant. I am sure there are many members here that prefer the Sony sytems over the Microsoft or Nintendo systems because this is a fan forum for players of a game on a Sony console.

Nemphtis

I agree, and some people don't understand or realise it but it's the Developers which ultimately shape a console, except for Nintendo though since like 50% of their stuff is first-party but PS2's biggest weapon is the fact that it has so many good games under it's roof. The Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy franchise alone could bring ANY console a huge market lead, you know.

Oh and Maverick, I'm not surprised how you missed many other great upcoming titles such as Gears of War and Dead Rising, when people are trying to make their point, they usually do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom