• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox 360 DMC4 vs. PC DMC4

UniqueDeath

I was just wondering if DMC4 on the Xbox 360 limits your skill rather than on the computer? I've seen many videos on YouTube with players that are amazing and I just wonder whether they play on a console or a PC.

Is the PC easier to play on?

Does the Xbox 360 limit skill?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I think you can alter the speed but I would think if anything that would make things harder to cope with. All I know is that the PC version had LDK mode and the 360 version doesn't. Shame because it looks so awesome :(.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Console gaming with things like DMC doesn't necessarily limit your skill, it's all a matter of preference, some games are better suited to console, whilst some are better suited to consoles too.

For example, fighting games are pretty much made with consoles in mind, it's easier to pick up and play DMC4 on a console, but the thing is, with the PC version you can alter and rebind the combo keys to make it an easier and more personalised experience.

It takes a bit of getting used to on PC, but in all, when you get used to it, it tends to be a much more fluid experience, combos come out flying and when you do videos, you generally look pretty badass doing them, because you can pull off stuff with ease that console gamers would have relative difficulty with.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I kind of wish I had downloaded a driver for my sixaxis and got the best of both worlds. I never even got round to adapting to when they changed the controls from.

triangle - jump
circle - melee

The first thing I did when I got DMC3 and 4 was change it back to that. I am such a closed minded old fart lol.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
At least the console version will definitely work on a console and you don't have to fart around with specifications, how well your computer performs, and if it'll install and if it'll play...

Zato-OW

King
Vergil'sB*tch;203368 said:
At least the console version will definitely work on a console and you don't have to fart around with specifications, how well your computer performs, and if it'll install and if it'll play...

Well all this comes with common sense and reading.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Playing DMC3 on PC severely limits my temper, I can tell you that ;)

It's the poor control setup on the port - as if Ubisoft didn't bother considering playing action games like DMC are impractical with a keyboard. To play it you have to fish for the right controller and a program that'll make the game understand which keys the controller buttons correspond to... I've no idea whether DMC4 is a better quality port in this way, I've not played it, but I'd hope something came from the bad DMC3 control experience.

There's no reason why action games like DMC can't be played on a PC just as well but you really do need an analogue controller with sticks and enough buttons to be able to enjoy it properly or pull off all the moves.

Sone

DUST TO DUST
Actually if you get Xbox gamepad i prefer PC gaming and on PC you have 1 extra mode it calls Legendary Dark Knight mode with zillion enemy's on screen LoL i have it on PC and i finish it with all secrets ^_^ but in other hand if you play DMC before on PS2 i'm for console version...I will also buy it Collector's edition on PS3 because i'm not huge DMC fan >,>

~Yamato slasher~

"Die" = vergil
I have only got the XBOX version, but i would prefer pc one because it comes up with like

Turbo speed
LDK mode
infinte EXceed for nero
some overpowered moves for dante

Dark Drakan

Admin
Being able to map keys would be a big advantage but having to press button combinations quickly and move fast is more difficult on a PC but aiming is more precise.

RaVeN

The immortal
Imo it doesnt necessarily limit skill, for pc u can basically map out your combos and most videos u do see are pc, its pre ezy 2 tell bec their jump fails are wayyy to good for console =/ also pc version has alot more buff that i wish xbox had =/ but i believe wen u play a console you get a better feel for the game and can still perform very well

asdfen

I've played Xbox version to the death finished all modes with S rank got all achievements and all that and then switched to PC version (with xbox controller). The graphics is better if your computer can handle it the whole game seems smoother also the running between battles is waaaay better on pc. The skill speed I think where you start running fast on xbox sometime I would stop running for no reason at all on PC it seems to work as intended. You also get the extra game mode as other mentioned.

Other than those lil things the games are the same. DMC4 port is actually very good and does not seem like a port at all. My preference is PC thought.

Top Bottom