• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you like to see the return of styles in DmC2?

WorkenOnMaLeft

nah. the abiities granted by the system can be intergrated into this system. for example angel dodge should be held and teleport right away rather than having to dodge twice and the air dodge (the one that trickster used to have) could be L2 and X (tap) and make the angel glide hold X instead. then, this is something ive realized was a huge missed opportunity, they could have replaced demon dodge with royal guard (same input). and executing three perfect guards in a row (without being hit) could have given the adrenaline boost demon dodge used to provide without making it so easy to attain.

Gbraga

Hell yes. But I wouldn't like a poor man's style system, so either a perfect style system like in DMC4 (or better) or stay with the stance system and improve it. I don't want to play a poor man's DMC4, I already have DMC4.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Nope. I was never a fan of them to begin with because they are really just forced. Playing DMC 3 I always wanted to do multiple moves from different styles in one combo but oh looks like I'm restricted to this one move set for the time being because they simply can't seem to just let me have my own fun. I always wanted to prop shredder an enemy in the air to follow it up with my rainstorm with ebony and ivory going back down after my slashes in mid air, thank you DmC.

WorkenOnMaLeft

Hell yes. But I wouldn't like a poor man's style system, so either a perfect style system like in DMC4 (or better) or stay with the stance system and improve it. I don't want to play a poor man's DMC4, I already have DMC4.
are you referring to my post?

Gbraga

Nope. I was never a fan of them to begin with because they are really just forced. Playing DMC 3 I always wanted to do multiple moves from different styles in one combo but oh looks like I'm restricted to this one move set for the time being because they simply can't seem to just let me have my own fun. I always wanted to prop shredder an enemy in the air to follow it up with my rainstorm with ebony and ivory going back down after my slashes in mid air, thank you DmC.
Have you heard of DMC4?

are you referring to my post?
Not really, just answering OP's question.

ZeroLove

Yes and no.

It would be cool to have something that was a bit LIKE Styles, but not exactly like it. For example, you could be able to trigger certain special abilities, like a Doppelganger or Quicksilver, when using your DT. Customizing your character with special abilities and boosts to fit your playstyle.

EvilX-81

Could potentially make angel, demon and neutral modes into styles, they're practically that already. I'm somewhat sure if a sequel comes, angel and demon modes on the triggers won't work again if they put in the much sought after hard lockon. But then if they move the "styles" to the d-pad, it may limit the number of weapons you can use at once...? I mean, I think there was a reason Dante on DMC4 only had 6 weapons total.

Gbraga

Could potentially make angel, demon and neutral modes into styles, they're practically that already. I'm somewhat sure if a sequel comes, angel and demon modes on the triggers won't work again if they put in the much sought after hard lockon. But then if they move the "styles" to the d-pad, it may limit the number of weapons you can use at once...? I mean, I think there was a reason Dante on DMC4 only had 6 weapons total.
They could have more styles and weapons, you only had to predefine which ones you would have equipped, kinda like Bayo but applying to the styles as well.

It would give it even more variety, man, DMC4's combat is so godlike, shoutouts to Neo_G.

Dante47

The only Style I used in Devil May Cry 3 was Swordmaster.
I used Trickster quite a bit as well, only because the dodge roll was awful.

Now that there actually is a dodge button, there's no need for Trickster, except for the wall runs.
All of the Swordmaster techniques have been incorporated into the typical move set.
For that, I'm glad. Air Attacks should not have been exclusive to that Style.
Gunslinger as well has just been put alongside Dante's other abilities.
As for Royalguard... I really don't like Royalguard...

DMC4 brought up an interesting idea of being able to switch Styles with the directional pad, but doesn't that seem like a lazy excuse for not having some sort of button combo for each move? DmC actually addresses this.

So, the short answer is no. I don't want any Styles.

Also, why don't you add a poll to this thread?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
They could have more styles and weapons, you only had to predefine which ones you would have equipped, kinda like Bayo but applying to the styles as well.

It would give it even more variety, man, DMC4's combat is so godlike, shoutouts to Neo_G.
Yes I know what DMC 4 is and it's a terrible game which is why I don't even mention it. It was one of the worst games I played that year. I think you're confusing quantity over quality because DMC 4 didn't have a breakthrough in combat. That entire game was just rehashes from the previous and was a very lazy game they didn't try one bit with. There are so many moves in DMC 4 that can be substituted for others and are just as effective. 4 was absolutely awful and people need to quit acting like it was so good. It was the worst DMC game since 2. Eww gross.

EvilX-81

Yea, I was thinking ultimately we're going to have go with menu customization. My biggest concern though is with whether holding L1/L2 would be comfortable if/when they implement the lockon for DmC2.

DarkSlayer54

I wouldn't really care to see it... I'd like to see styles integrated into the demon/angel weapons more though.

What I'd really love to see is some customization to the devil trigger. There's so much they could do with it... perhaps have demon trigger styles?
Like, instead of lifting enemies into the air, you could switch out that ability for:
-Chargable attacks are instantly charged to full when used
-Devil Trigger no longer uses up the chunk of DT when activated
-Dante can instantly break through shields
-Dante becomes invulnerable while DT is activated

The current DT just feels so unfitting towards the gameplay...

Gbraga

Yes I know what DMC 4 is and it's a terrible game which is why I don't even mention it. It was one of the worst games I played that year. I think you're confusing quantity over quality because DMC 4 didn't have a breakthrough in combat. That entire game was just rehashes from the previous and was a very lazy game they didn't try one bit with. There are so many moves in DMC 4 that can be substituted for others and are just as effective. 4 was absolutely awful and people need to quit acting like it was so good. It was the worst DMC game since 2. Eww gross.
i8U0ZvzcBIyNl.gif

Top Bottom