• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would You like it if kamiya came back to continue the series after DMC1?

Would You like it if kamiya came back to continue the series after DMC1?

• Yes

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • no

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Well, since DMC1 is the only DMC that all DMC fans enjoyed, would you guys be excited about the idea of kamiya making a return to continue the series from DMC1 ( disregarding all the others )? If so, which direction would you want it to go? How would you cover up any plot holes.

As for me, I just want the old Dante to return :rolleyes:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ehh. It's hard to see how he'd do considering that the rest of his games, sans RE2, aren't exactly on the horror survival tree, which is where DMC got it's roots. His games are silly, even by DMC standards, and hard as hell, which is a good thing, but they developed a different aesthetic than what DMC1 had. It's hard to know what he'd do without actually seeing it. At least the gameplay would be good.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Yes I'd be all for him coming back, same id like the good Dante back complete with great gameplay and a silly story.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
ehh maybe

i think he would just solve the plot holes by just having you find a bunch of in game files that tackle them.

people would want him to basically chuck out everything outside of DMC1 and the two light novels and just go from there.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Definitely he should do this! :D
He does need to improve in his writing though...

But this time, he should just continue from DMC1. Vol. 1 of the novel has served as the proper prequel to it already for him... Forget the plot in the DMC Manga (pre-DMC3), DMC3, DMC Anime, DMC4, and DMC4 Deadly Fortune Novels! I have to agree with you there, Hassan! Kamiya didn't even mention the Rebellion or Yamato in his original draft... So that leaves Force Edge/Sword of Sparda or the Alastor as the primary Devil Arm for Dante, with Ifrit secondary.

And I think he should improve DMC2 by adding different melee weapons AKA Devil Arms for Dante and Lucia, not just a redesign of their default weapons. I didn't like the fact you have to move the L Analog to make a different combo; I prefer the Pause Combos like in the rest of the games. This one didn't have that, sadly... Also, a better story, like extending more of Lucia's true origins and how Matier found her in the first place. Also, Dante in DMC2 should have DMC1 Dante's personality.

After DMC2, he should let the story continue to the generations after Dante, meaning the 'improved DMC2' would be Dante's final part of his story. Kamiya-san intended DMC to be a more action-packed, over-the-top, stylish, and less somber version of Castlevania since he is a big fan of that franchise, which is no wonder why DMC1 took place most of the time in a castle. He wanted the Sparda bloodline to be similar to the Belmont Clan; so that means the Sword of Sparda would've fitted a major role similar to the iconic weapon of the Belmont Clan - the Vampire Killer whip. I actually found this out with a fellow user here (DMCGamer1989) prior to my temporary leave here. If anyone here is curious on what I mean, you should all see my thread of what DMC would have been if it was still under Hideki Kamiya's direction.

Just to let ya'll know why I, along with others here, want Kamiya-san to pick DMC up after DMC1. DMC1 Dante is still and will always be my most favorite incarnation of Dante than those that came after him! Never forget that! :)

Edit:

Yes, and no. Kamiya's already proven his lousy writing skills, and how much of an ass he really is. Worse then Tameen. Soooo...no.
How about letting him improve?
After all, he's the one that started this mess. And he should go clean that mess up.

AM I RIGHT, GUYS? :D

Last edited:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Apparently Sparda's sword doesn't belong to Trish. Dante lets her using it.In game Nero gives Sparda to Dante saying he is its legit owner and DMC4 novel says Dante only keeps for himself the devils arms that belong to his family.The same with his amulet.He still has it. You find it in DMC1 credits, in his desk, near to his mother's photo and DMC2 novel it says he has it with him. Capcom accepts novels and artbooks as canon , unless it has major contradictions with games.In that case, games take priority.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Definitely he should do this! :D
He does need to improve in his writing though...

But this time, he should just continue from DMC1. Vol. 1 of the novel has served as the proper prequel to it already for him... Forget the plot in the DMC Manga (pre-DMC3), DMC3, DMC Anime, DMC4, and DMC4 Deadly Fortune Novels! I have to agree with you there, Hassan! Kamiya didn't even mention the Rebellion or Yamato in his original draft... So that leaves Force Edge/Sword of Sparda or the Alastor as the primary Devil Arm for Dante, with Ifrit secondary.

And I think he should improve DMC2 by adding different melee weapons AKA Devil Arms for Dante and Lucia, not just a redesign of their default weapons. I didn't like the fact you have to move the L Analog to make a different combo; I prefer the Pause Combos like in the rest of the games. This one didn't have that, sadly... Also, a better story, like extending more of Lucia's true origins and how Matier found her in the first place. Also, Dante in DMC2 should have DMC1 Dante's personality.

After DMC2, he should let the story continue to the generations after Dante, meaning the 'improved DMC2' would be Dante's final part of his story. Kamiya-san intended DMC to be a more action-packed, over-the-top, stylish, and less somber version of Castlevania since he is a big fan of that franchise, which is no wonder why DMC1 took place most of the time in a castle. He wanted the Sparda bloodline to be similar to the Belmont Clan; so that means the Sword of Sparda would've fitted a major role similar to the iconic weapon of the Belmont Clan - the Vampire Killer whip. I actually found this out with a fellow user here (DMCGamer1989) prior to my temporary leave here. If anyone here is curious on what I mean, you should all see my thread of what DMC would have been if it was still under Hideki Kamiya's direction.

Just to let ya'll know why I, along with others here, want Kamiya-san to pick DMC up after DMC1. DMC1 Dante is still and will always be my most favorite incarnation of Dante than those that came after him! Never forget that! :)

Edit:

How about letting him improve?
After all, he's the one that started this mess. And he should go clean that mess up.

AM I RIGHT, GUYS? :D

well him improving depends on him finding fault in his own work plus you could just reunite him with the light novel writer who could handle to scene to scene breakdowns.

technically people now attribute dante's cool head in DMC1 to Shinji mikami but Mikami went on to do Vanquish and Shadow of the Damned showing some flexibilty.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
well him improving depends on him finding fault in his own work plus you could just reunite him with the light novel writer who could handle to scene to scene breakdowns.

technically people now attribute dante's cool head in DMC1 to Shinji mikami but Mikami went on to do Vanquish and Shadow of the Damned showing some flexibilty.
With Shinya Goikeda? OF COURSE! Because Kamiya helped Goikeda since both their Dante interpretations are similar. So we could go with that! :)
Only then he might really improve.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
With Shinya Goikeda? OF COURSE! Because Kamiya helped Goikeda since both their Dante interpretations are similar. So we could go with that! :)
Only then he might really improve.
Well the artist of the light novel "Shiro Miwa" also wrote and drew the manga "Dogs" might also be a good candidate too in case of Mr. Gokeida cant or wont do it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dogs was pretty bad ass but I don't know how I'd feel if the author had a hand on it. There are compatible themes but until they actually put it together there is no telling if it'd work.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Kamiya didn't even mention the Rebellion or Yamato in his original draft.[/quote said:
Actually, in DMC1 when you unlock Sparda, Alastor is replaced with Yamato, which transforms into the Sparda sword when D.T.ed

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well the artist of the light novel "Shiro Miwa" also wrote and drew the manga "Dogs" might also be a good candidate too in case of Mr. Gokeida cant or wont do it.

I must look into this "Dogs" manga.

If anything Capcom can always hire him (Shiro Miwa) to write the next DMC considering their previous writer (Bingo Morihashi) who wrote DMC3 and DMC4 as well as had an hand in the anime left the company.

EDIT

I looked into Shiro Miwa as cool as it may be to have him write a DMC game it seems he has a lot on his plate not just only being a mangaka but being the illustrator of that J-pop band Supercell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom