• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

would platinum games have made a better DmC?

would platinum games have made a better DmC?

• yes

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • no

• maybe

• Total voters

Dante47

So with the new MGR we can see just how capable they are of producing a worthwhile hack and slash game.
They didn't prove that with Bayonetta?

Onto the question at hand.
I doubt they would be interested, since Hideki Kamiya sailed away from the Devil May Cry license a long time ago.
But... I have my suspicions that creators can't stay away from their ideas for long.

I doubt they could actually reboot the series, but they could make a damn good Devil May Cry 5.

Dominus

...I know bait when I see it. Not falling for it.
Wait to skip the rest of my post and just focus on that. If you want non shallow characters in any action game you're going to have to make a lot of cutscenes and sequences that take you away from the action. I have always upheld that gameplay should always come first because after all we play video games, and the overall abundance of AAA story based games that have you controlling your character less and less, I'd prefer action games stick to gameplay and set the details of the story into comics or novels. Even looking at the new DmC with the use of Avatar motion cap work, we got zero memorable action scenes like in DMC3 and 4 (less I guess in 4). Even in the abortion shot scene its just a shoot out, when in previous DMCs Dante would be running on walls and deflecting bullets left and right (and I do realize that they were in the real world so their powers might not have worked)... It's kind of sad actually.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
They didn't prove that with Bayonetta?

Onto the question at hand.
I doubt they would be interested, since Hideki Kamiya sailed away from the Devil May Cry license a long time ago.
But... I have my suspicions that creators can't stay away from their ideas for long.

I doubt they could actually reboot the series, but they could make a damn good Devil May Cry 5.

I can't say much but it seems that Kamiya had bad blood with Capcom, does he?

Zilla

The inFAAMous
If it had have turned out anything like Bayonetta, then no. I enjoyed Bayonetta don't misunderstand Me, but it wasn't enough to keep Me playing the amount DMC 4 would have. (I completed DMC 4 16 times)

The first time I Forward, Forward Osiris, Double charged Razed to Aquila, Aquila, pause, Buy-In to Osiris Air combo to Rainstorm to Eryx Stomp to Fireworks to Stinger Trillion stabs to Overdrive, I knew Ninja Theory had landed on their feet with this bold entry into the much loved DMC series, and it wears it's uncapitalised M with f*cking pride.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Well on a technical level they probably would have made a better game since it's much more their forte and they have more experience in that department. I am sure it would have been fun but I think NT brings a unique look, feel and style that Platinum does not and that was my initial draw to the new DmC. Platinum has their own craziness that they put in every game and the plots usually are horrible at best imo. So it would be a lot like previous games.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
I said maybe because Platinum games tend to be too over-the-top... and I mean WAAAYYY too over the top. DMC1 has a more... say, mysterious feeling to it... like you're playing a horror game, except it's action. It only gets freaky and crazy at the last stages in DMC1. But you never have stuff like "run on the wall at 150 mph slashing buildings in half with an approximately four feet long sword while dodging missiles" type of deal. Bayonetta had that too, especially that one level where you are actually on some sort of missile shooting stuff.... I don't even... remember what that was about... but yeah.

I mean, don't get me wrong, that is some blood pumping awesome stuff. But I think it actually deviates from the main core gameplay, and that is not DMC's way of dealing with situations.

Fixed that for ya.

Zato-OW

King
Game play wise then yes it obviously would be better but when we get to the story then who knows. DmC story wasn't anything close to amazing. It was a very bland and decent story. But who knows P* could probably do worse.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No. NT did it for fun. Capcom did it for money. Though both did it for that extra money in their wallets. I see you quoted my "give NT credit" thread. Well let me explain my opinion on that;

The thread to me was that even though NT is hated on and beaten down by the fanbase while Capcom sat back from the fire, NT still fought on to make this game and really get it out there. they put a lot on this game and were caring enough to get great music, put amazing artistic flare to it, and create a shifting world that moves greatly. That's why I thanked NT. Not for recreating Devil May Cry, but for making an all around great game that people said would fail.
Notice I said most original game out of the bunch speaking in terms of the overall level design and aesthetics. Pay attention because I also never said anything about P* making DMC 4. P* has NEVER made a Devil May Cry. They never will. I'm expecting to see a Darksiders 3 from them in the near future.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Kamiya said he was ready to tackle DmC if it was presented to him...In his tweet he has said that he will never forsaken....So I don't know where you guys are getting this bad blood bs stuff...but imagine if DMC was given to platinum...Imagine Vergil in MGR but instead of Metal Gear Rising...It would be Devil May Cry Rising...you know Vergil's Rising from before 3 onto the badass person we know today (screw Vino) In DMC his blade yamato can cut through anything even dimensions...imagine the blade mode in Vergils hands...just place Vergil in Raiden shoes instead...that would be an awesome game right there...so yea Platinum Games would have done 100 times better than NT...cause at the end of the day they are the company to go to

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
So basically you want P* make the game NOT a Devil May Cry game? Kay.
If i recall every one was saying how MGR was the Devil May Cry we are not getting...so yea im fine with that logic....seems ****ing legit as ****....better than what NT brought out

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Kamiya said he was ready to tackle DmC if it was presented to him...In his tweet he has said that he will never forsaken....So I don't know where you guys are getting this bad blood bs stuff...but imagine if DMC was given to platinum...Imagine Vergil in MGR but instead of Metal Gear Rising...It would be Devil May Cry Rising...you know Vergil's Rising from before 3 onto the badass person we know today (screw Vino) In DMC his blade yamato can cut through anything even dimensions...imagine the blade mode in Vergils hands...just place Vergil in Raiden shoes instead...that would be an awesome game right there...so yea Platinum Games would have done 100 times better than NT...cause at the end of the day they are the company to go to

I dunno but...

The people at Platinum Games are composed of former yet disgruntled Capcom employees. Platinum Games being 100x better? I dunno but Bayonetta has a horrid storytelling while DmC did better compared to it.

And never put Vergil in Raiden's shoes because Vergil is a badass half-demon samurai while Raiden is a Cyborg Ninja.

Set your priorities for once.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
So it seems that you refuse to take this seriously. Sigh...

Nah. He/she's just trolling. What's the point of gameplay if you don't have fun about it? Oh yeah, the focus of DmC is more on the storytelling so most whiners make a big deal about it.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
May I say this again?
P* will eventually lose their touch, these things will always happen..unless they do what they do best: Make their own titles.

Top Bottom