• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will Vergil Replace Dante (and Nero) During Cutscenes?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So, at the end of this vid, Vash TSB states that Vergil is repeating Dante's lines because he might take Dante's place in cutscenes... which would explain why Dan Southworth is recording, but no one else (that we know of so far).

[13:40]

In any case, if Vergil ends up replacing Dante in his cutscenes... can you imagine if he were to do the same with Nero?

Kyrie: Thank you, Nero... :angel:

Vergil: DIE. :devil:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I know that this theory is improbable at best, but I just wanted to throw that out there... just in case.

Makes sense in a weird way, because Dan Southworth auditioned for both Dante and Nero (but was turned down due to sounding too much like Vergil LOL).

So, it's not likely, but it would be really badass if Vergil were to put his own spin on Dante's lines.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dante's Version: Hey, I was reading that!

Vergil's Version: I need more SPORTS ILLUSTRATED.

Dante: Now that you're calm and cool... get going.

Vergil: You get one nick on my Yamato, and I will HUNT YOU DOWN.

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Personally, the fact Dan's recording gives me hope, Vergil may still have something of a campaign. Or maybe new cutscenes.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Personally, the fact Dan's recording gives me hope, Vergil may still have something of a campaign. Or maybe new cutscenes.
Yeah, this is like a... give-and-take scenario.

He probably won't have his own cutscenes, but at the very least, we'll get our own "Alternate Reality" whereas Dante's goofy lines get replaced by Vergil's serious lines, making everything all the more hilarious.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Kyrie: Thank you, Nero... :angel:

Vergil: DIE. :devil:

Dante's Version: Hey, I was reading that!

Vergil's Version: I need more SPORTS ILLUSTRATED.

Dante: Now that you're calm and cool... get going.

Vergil: You get one nick on my Yamato, and I will HUNT YOU DOWN.
This cheered me up. :laugh: But no, I don't think he will replace anyone. Those sentences are probably from new cutscenes or in worst case, made up for the sake of the trailer.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Every new playable character will have their own opening and ending cutscene right? So, Vergil will as well.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I would expect a few cutscenes for Vergil, but no replacement ones for Dante or Nero's cutscenes. That would take too much work...work they didn't do for DMC3: Special Edition when it came to controlling Vergil.

Dominus

Probably not, that'd just be weird. Probably only getting the opening and closing cutscenes because that is what they said. Kind of sucks because I wanted a little more than that but it is what it is....

Top Bottom