• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will Dante Duel With Vergil Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Well in terms of depleting a health bar how many times does poor Dante have to kick Vergil's butt to prove he is the stronger son and the rightful owner of their fathers power. Personally I hate boss fights that end with the protagonist getting beaten up. I mean isn't the whole point of depleting a boss' health bar to ensure you are the winner of a fight? If a game is THAT dependant on a spacific chain of events just trigger the cutscene half way through the health bar or release the game as a movie.

I get tired of people saying that Vergil won the first fight in DMC3 just because you hit an inevitable cutscene where he stabs Dante when in order to get to that cutscene you have to deplete 100% of his health bar. Dante should have won all 6 of those fights.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Well, looking at it purely from a story perspective, it'd be a good scene for them to have, but only if Vergil had gone through some numerous changes.

Like, let's say the story would be set post DMC 4, which would mean that some time has passed since DMC 1, when he was in the form of Nelo Angelo. I always say that the writers should say that his soul is inside Perfect Amulet, so that someone in the story can extract it and put in inside a clone of Dante's body, thus totally restoring Vergil to physical normal-ness. Then, maybe he goes through some other changes, like I don't know what, but anyway.

Then, it would make sense for them to duel again, and who would really get tired of that? Well, I wouldn't...

Zato-OW

King
Dante already beat Vergil twice in DMC1/DMC3 where the victory was most important on both sides. Dante is stronger then Vergil I would say. But if Vergil does come back which I honestly doubt due to the novel, Vergil will have a chance to redeem himself.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I think that it's not impossible. I mean we've seen them duel three times in each of the two games they've both been in. Three times each in three games would sound much more pleasing to me. Maybe I'm overly obsessed with aesthetics but I think that there's a strong chance of Vergil returning in some form or another.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom