• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why weren't Dante and Lady angry at Trish in DMC4?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
How little faith you have in someone who survived a good deal of Temen-ni-gru

Yes, as I said, against low level and even middle level demons she doesn't have much problems. And in Temen Ni Gru she fought pretty low level opponents. But Trish is no low level demon, isn't she?

Viper

Premium
Yes, as I said, against low level and even middle level demons she doesn't have much problems. And in Temen Ni Gru she fought pretty low level opponents. But Trish is no low level demon, isn't she?
Like I said several times, Lady would not win, but she would also not go down so easily, she is too stubborn for that.
If she can defeat middle level demons, then surely she can at least make the high level one break a sweat?

scionicspectre

I think it was partially made to force Dante out of his chair. Also Sparda sword didn't made much difference. It gave Sanctus his superpowers, but Savior was powered by Yamato

I know this is a ways back, but I'm pretty sure the Savior was powered by 'Sparda's blood', ie. Nero, and of course with Sparda's power in the form of his sword. Even then, without Sparda, Kyrie, or Nero, what remained of Sanctus was enough to power it to some extent.

It couldn't have been Yamato, since it was almost immediately given to Agnus upon retrieval to open the true Hellgate, and remained there until Dante reclaimed it. The only way it could have been Yamato is through some initial act that made it no longer useful, ie. stabbing Nero's arm to get to Sparda's blood. Even if that were the case, he wouldn't have needed Yamato as it was only a means to an end, not the primary source of power.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I know this is a ways back, but I'm pretty sure the Savior was powered by 'Sparda's blood', ie. Nero, and of course with Sparda's power in the form of his sword. Even then, without Sparda, Kyrie, or Nero, what remained of Sanctus was enough to power it to some extent.

It couldn't have been Yamato, since it was almost immediately given to Agnus upon retrieval to open the true Hellgate, and remained there until Dante reclaimed it. The only way it could have been Yamato is through some initial act that made it no longer useful, ie. stabbing Nero's arm to get to Sparda's blood. Even if that were the case, he wouldn't have needed Yamato as it was only a means to an end, not the primary source of power.
But Sanctus had Sparda whole time, yet he couldn't animate Savior. Only when he caught Nero. The only way we saw Sanctus used Sparda was by powering himself up and by reanimating Savior to certain extent...So most likely he used sparda mainly as weapon not as main power source for savior

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Well Lady did sorta bring it up at the end when she said "was it not your fault that things escalated to they level they did? Bringing Sparda into the spotlight?", Which then the two of them shared a glare at eachother for like 3 sec before turning to Dante... Who just didnt want any part of it. Im sure Dante doesnt really mind because from how it appears, Trish is kinda the owner of Sparda r at least uses it anyway. Ever since the scene in DMC1 where he put it in the ground next to her body when he thought she died, it appears that she is the owner of it considering how she uses it in both Marvel vs Capcom 3 and even Devil May Cry 2.

scionicspectre

But Sanctus had Sparda whole time, yet he couldn't animate Savior. Only when he caught Nero. The only way we saw Sanctus used Sparda was by powering himself up and by reanimating Savior to certain extent...So most likely he used sparda mainly as weapon not as main power source for savior

Right, Nero (originally planned to be Dante) was the main power source, as mentioned by Sanctus ie. the blood of Sparda. I suppose the fight after defeating Sanctus is mostly his latent power attempting to assert itself, nothing special. On an unrelated note, I thought it was kind of a neat callback to DMC 1's final confrontation with Mundus.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Right, Nero (originally planned to be Dante) was the main power source, as mentioned by Sanctus ie. the blood of Sparda. I suppose the fight after defeating Sanctus is mostly his latent power attempting to assert itself, nothing special. On an unrelated note, I thought it was kind of a neat callback to DMC 1's final confrontation with Mundus.
Oh, you mean half-dead savior attacking Nero? Yeah it was cool reminiscent scene. Only part that was disappointing that demon Sanctus wasn't all that different from normal one

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Innsmouth @scionicspectre: Could you both please talk about the actual topic at hand, instead of just making up your own stuff to talk about that could easily be placed somewhere more relevant. Thanks.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Innsmouth: I've come to notice that you are quick to deny any wrongdoings. Please don't disregard my warnings, I asked you both nicely to stick to the topic. As I have countless times before, yet you have still ignored that.

The very first sentence you made was on-topic.

It gave Sanctus his superpowers, but Savior was powered by Yamato

- That quote is what turned the conversation you and scionicspectre were having into something else completely. So for the sake of me having to repeat myself in the future, please stick to the topic or find a more suitable one to discuss within that corresponds to what you are saying.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Innsmouth
- That quote is what turned the conversation you and scionicspectre were having into something else completely. So for the sake of me having to repeat myself in the future, please stick to the topic or find a more suitable one to discuss within that corresponds to what you are saying.
I'm not planning back and forth conversation, though your accusation is actually wrong since you omitted part of my statement.. "Also Sparda sword didn't made much difference. It gave Sanctus his superpowers, but Savior was powered by Yamato" is what I've said. Which is reply to topic's question. Our later conversation was about if it really was the case. Since it replies why her action wasn't as damaging as they may appear at the first sight.

scionicspectre

I never really thought of Trish in terms of her 'true' age. Someone mentioned that, despite her appearance, she is possibly quite young, at least so far as how long she has existed. It makes me wonder where Mundus found the materials to make her and if that influences her personality in some way, as it's pretty clear that her personality isn't much like Eva's. It's possible that she's still naive so far as real-life experience goes, despite having an apparent knowledge of the world when she came into existence.

I wonder if Dante kept his mouth shut just because he didn't feel want to feel like he was talking back to his mom. XD

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Sure she shares a lot of Eva's personality traits. In, DMC4 novel Dante says Trish reminds him of his mom when she gets angry and when she scolds him, that's why he cannot confront her in that " Do you wanna switch ?" situation and later he complains about it to Lady. She is said to talk like a mom to him and treat him like a child.
My best beat is she was produce with parts of Eva.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
In anime he was barking at her because exactly of this: she talks to him just like his mother.
Supposedly he should detected it immediately in DMC1 .Anyway it depends more of the kind of relationship he has with her than anything. If it is platonic, I don't really see any problem on it.
My speculation about her production came from the fact Eva's body was torn apart by demons, so I don't be surprised if Trish shares dna or whatever with Eva.

Top Bottom