• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why the Nero hate?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Navy purple isn't a color, as far as I know. You must mean navy blue. So yes, he wears red and blue. Yamato glowing purple is something I noticed too. Seems important to me. It's clearly meant to symbolize how similar he is to Sparda.

The coat is actually purple, it's just got a high blue tone than red in it, hence, "Navy purple". So he actually wears all three colors

Age of Nero

The End is the Beginning is the End!
Wouldn't it make more sense if Nero's Devil Bringer was possessed by Verglils spirit i mean how can Nero instinctively know what Vergil said 10yrs prior to 4
Possibly. They both have a bluish-violet color in their genes- clothes & triggers.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Hmmm... from the last three messages, I think I can decuce that there was a server error :p
Technical difficulties aside, if Nero sticks around for future games, he needs to get rid of his emotional weaknesses.

By the way, I rewatched the cutscene when Sanctus took Yamato from Nero and the sword was still glowing in purple/violet for a few seconds in his left hand at 0:57-0:59. Explanations?

Valcorn

The explanation is that people are looking too much into colors that have little significance besides a developer's whim.

Caiden

So I was just watching a video of a DMC panel with Johnny Yong Bosch (Nero's voice) and Reuben Langdon (Dante's voice) and apparently they know what Nero's origins are and that Capcom believed they made it pretty obvious to players what his origins are. Now either we have all missed something very obvious or Capcom didn't do a good job.

Janoosen

Dark Slayer
So I was just watching a video of a DMC panel with Johnny Yong Bosch (Nero's voice) and Reuben Langdon (Dante's voice) and apparently they know what Nero's origins are and that Capcom believed they made it pretty obvious to players what his origins are. Now either we have all missed something very obvious or Capcom didn't do a good job.

I say it's the latter. Nero's origins has sparked a lot of debates over the years so obviously Capcom weren't as obvious as they thought they were. Thinking back on it, I can't think of a single moment in the entire game where his origins were even touched upon other than Sanctus mentioning that he's a descendant with Sparda's blood...which raised more question marks than it served as an explanation.

Then again, I haven't played the game for at least 2 years so my memory's a bit rusty.

Valcorn

Of course his origins are obvious... he is the main protagonist brother's son. DMC4 isn't simply: "another Dante's trip to hunt demons" but it also "connect" it with DMC3 and the rest of the series.

Caiden

Of course his origins are obvious... he is the main protagonist brother's son. DMC4 isn't simply: "another Dante's trip to hunt demons" but it also "connect" it with DMC3 and the rest of the series.

I tend to think that he is Vergil's son but there is no where near enough evidence to prove it right or even call it obvious and it has the timeline against it.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Dante clearly has an thought and idea of who/what Nero is, but from develeoper information given, he cannot be Vergil's son, unless he's "son" in the fashion he was cloned from Vvergil somehow like Kid from Chrono Cross was Schala's "daughter-clone". Again, timelines and aging info given by both DMC3 and 4's dev team make it clear it's chronologically impossible for Nero to be Vergil's natural child.

Caiden

Thats not completely true. Vergil could have probably gotten a women pregnant since he was in his early teens but it is just unlikely. Not impossible.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Vergil was ten when Nero would have born, he's have been about nine when Nero was concieved. I dont' see a nine year old with severe trauma like watching his mother be brutally murdered in front of him having any interest in having sex, let alone having the capability to impregnate a woman at the time. You're looking at a 5% chance at best with the timelines for Nero to be Vergil's actual son and not some kind of metaphorical son/successor or a clone of him someone made.

Janoosen

Dark Slayer
Thats not completely true. Vergil could have probably gotten a women pregnant since he was in his early teens but it is just unlikely. Not impossible.

Except Vergil couldn't care less about women or worldly desires, the only thing on his mind was obtaining more power. Nothing more, nothing less.

Caiden

If I am not mistaken DMC 1 is ten years after DMC 3 making Dante around the age of 29 or 30 and we don't know how old he is during DMC 4 but he does look as if he is somewhat older if not a few years.

Caiden

Except Vergil couldn't care less about women or worldly desires, the only thing on his mind was obtaining more power. Nothing more, nothing less.

Perhaps Nero was an attempt for more power. Maybe he was planning on using Nero for something. Besides we don't know a ton about Vergil between his mothers death and DMC3.

Janoosen

Dark Slayer
Perhaps Nero was an attempt for more power. Maybe he was planning on using Nero for something. Besides we don't know a ton about Vergil between his mothers death and DMC3.

You're right, we don't know anything about what Vergil did after the death of their mother up until the events of DMC3. But I reckon he was spending that time obtaining more power, which was a desire that stemmed from being unable to protect their mother. So I doubt Vergil would have gone and impregnated a woman he wasn't sure he could protect, especially if he had been as young as the chronology suggests.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
If I am not mistaken DMC 1 is ten years after DMC 3 making Dante around the age of 29 or 30 and we don't know how old he is during DMC 4 but he does look as if he is somewhat older if not a few years.
DMC4 is ten years after DMC3, Kobayahsi stated this in an interview from october 2007. So Dante was 28 in DMC1 and 29 in DMC4, it's the scruff that makes him look older.

Top Bottom