• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why no release date?

Frazz

General gamer
I'd just like to point out that the game is just over a month from the Japanese release date and yet we still don't know when it's on the PSN/ Live in the West... Why is this? Please speculate whilst we wait for some news regarding this.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Cause... Capcom are a-holes?

First they hide PC release, then western release date. I don't see any good reason for those, it's just stupid imo.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Maybe they want to see how sales will be in Japan first before releasing the date in the West. Capcom's possibly playing it safe because in the West, there are other games coming out and they don't want competition. Plus it was even worse to release it for steam sale because that's even less money to get the game sales.

scionicspectre

I doubt our release will be delayed much, if at all. They're just marketing to us differently, like always. The fact that Gregaman is doing streams up until a week before the Japanese release suggests to me that we're getting a similar release date. Either that, or he just figures no one will care about streams after it's released in Asia.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Quick Question:

Is Kyrie a playable costume? Just out of curiosity, I mean. That was the impression I got after looking at the new screens.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Isn't it listed for June 23rd on Xbox.com? If that's really the release date, Batman is gonna glide straight into Dante's office and beat the hell outta him.
Dark times for DMC4 SE, I foresee.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was watching MainEvent and he pointed out that the SE comes out on the same date that Arkham Knight. That sucks. That's less an ideal situation. Game might get buried by the other.

Veloran

Isn't it listed for June 23rd on Xbox.com? If that's really the release date, Batman is gonna glide straight into Dante's office and beat the hell outta him.
Dark times for DMC4 SE, I foresee.
I don't know, it might be a good idea.

The Batman games are like the poster children for modern action games. Releasing 4SE at the same time might be their way of testing the waters to see how much of the older audience is still around and wanting more.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I was watching MainEvent and he pointed out that the SE comes out on the same date that Arkham Knight. That sucks. That's less an ideal situation. Game might get buried by the other.
Without a doubt, Arkham Knight will blow any Devil May Cry out the water when it comes to sales numbers because it's the final installment in the highly successful franchise. Those are some of best licensed games ever, and it's freaking Batman. Just the brand alone sells it.

However, Devil May Cry is appealing to a certain crowd and it will just sell as well as it can. I don't see it breaking any big bank at all. The only ones interested in the SE are really just the ones who already are interested in DMC 4. Hell, I'm sure the only reason this exist so long after the release of the original is just because Capcom is trying so hard to stay afloat right now. These small projects are ways to make a bit of bank without losing as much in the process.

Top Bottom