• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do you play DMC games?

Why do You play the DMC games?

• For the Kick *** action of Course!

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • For the storyline and character development.

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • For the satisfaction of being challenged (and beating it)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • For the hope of seeing Vergil just one more time.....

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

evilweevle

okay, iv been looking around and ive seen a lot of people complaining about DMC4s lack of plot and character development etc. which got me thinking...

What is your reason for buying and playing the further installments from Devil May Cry?

personally for me its for the kick *** action and bosses (and partly because of all those people posting vids on youtube showing totally crazy skills gives me motivation to become better) the story doesnt matter as much to me it merely serves to keep the action going really.

now while i am not saying that those who play for the plot are wrong, i just cant understand how people can slate a game for its plot, when it is an action game. people dont watch action movies for the brilliant acting or multilayered plot, we just wanna see **** explode.

Sparda™

Devil May Cry is a Hack-and-slash, action genre of game.

Every game has a plot. Without It, It's a dead game.

Sparda™

I'm talking about games rated through history. All serious games on the top of the classification have earned positive reviews and critics because of the plots, characters and storyline.

Devil May Cry has a fascinating storyline, that needs to be unfolded even more in the future.

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
I play DMC games because the gameplay gives me so much joy, to watch Dante and others break it down within the different cutscenes and for story/character development.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I keep buying because I am hoping to be able to play as Dante, Virgil, or Sparda with enhanced graphics and maybe a more streamlined combat system.

But in this game you just control Dante, or Nero no Virgil, no Sparda...

I really wanted to weild the sword of Sparda with x-box graphics, BUT NOOO!!

They giv us squat....

Oh, well I continue to play thru it because I don't have to pay for it, my freind bought the game, I play on his X-box(More than he does)

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
I played it for the challenge...and the kick *ss action....And to hopefully see Vergil.....I'm not much for the storyplot though, except DMC3.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I play DMC games because i like the style of playing the game.Such as solving puzzles,mix of action of shooting and slashing,and their hard difficulties.:)

Green Hat

u forgot to add awesome graphics, awesome soundtrack and super fast styyylish gameplay.........3 things DMC is always known for. Apart from these, the action, and most definitely the storyline. I mean the cinematic cutscenes, Dante's character the other characters - everything is a huge part of the whole experience. Although Seeing Vergil again doesnt seem to be a good reason to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom