• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why do western developers suck at action games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantenevercries

compare to japanese developers

most people believe the holy trinity of action games is Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden Black and Devil May Cry 3

all Japanese

DmC is good, but is a watered down version of DMC 3/4.... and Ninja Theory needed capcom's help on the combat

god of war combat is a**

darksiders is ok, but more like zelda

dante's inferno a**

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i wouldnt say they suck, its more that their learning as the stylish action genre isnt something thats big over here(among developers).

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

most people believe the holy trinity of action games is Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden Black and Devil May Cry 3

all Japanese

DmC is good, but is a watered down version of DMC 3/4.... and Ninja Theory needed capcom's help on the combat

god of war combat is a**

dante's inferno a**
Again, this is your opinion that they suck. Stop writing your opinion like it is a fact. Also 'most people' is just you on your own. People have their own idea of what the best action games are. Not everyone is going to go with what you have said.

Rolanthas

Keep in mind that what we consider as A Tier action games all came from companies with rather reputable portfolios of fighting games. These teams had the advantage of building upon years of combat system mastery, be it from their own experiences in FG development, or their mentors in the company who worked on those.

Darksiders 2 comes to mind as a recent western game with a very, very carefully designed combat system. I was really shocked how much they improved after the boorish combat of the first one. Much more closer to classic DMC than I'd have ever imagined. So I believe if they want to tackle the genre proper, there are some pretty skillful western combat designers who can rise to the challenge.

Dantenevercries

Keep in mind that what we consider as A Tier action games all came from companies with rather reputable portfolios of fighting games. These teams had the advantage of building upon years of combat system mastery, be it from their own experiences in FG development, or their mentors in the company who worked on those.

Darksiders 2 comes to mind as a recent western game with a very, very carefully designed combat system. I was really shocked how much they improved after the boorish combat of the first one. Much more closer to classic DMC than I'd have ever imagined. So I believe if they want to tackle the genre proper, there are some pretty skillful western combat designers who can rise to the challenge.
no, japanese combat designers are superior

see bayonetta

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
the op needs to get a new hobby its pathetic you need to get your kicks from posting crap to wind people up get outa the house dude your going demented by the looks of it
Honestly, this is nothing new,in fact, I remember back in 2012 when we got an interview with NT.
In the notion that everyone would get a fair chance, I notified Capcom Unity of the interview, and then someone (Loopy, if I'm correct) told me I had opened the floodgates to hell

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Legacy of Kain, Red Dead Redemption, Fable, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Grand Theft Auto...
All MADE BY WESTERN DEVELOPERS *Shock horror!*

Believe it or not, people on the forum don't just play DMC.

In YOUR opinion DmC water a watered down version of 4... In MY opinion, I prefer DmC to DMC4.
Go and troll another site, personally, you'd probably do better on 4chan...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Assassin's creed is good? Since when? Maybe I just dont get it but I dont know what people see in lack of any difficulty, brain dead ai. one button platforming and so on.

I like it for its historical aspect, the gmaeplay mechanics themselves, and the surroundings along with the music. Assassin's creed to me is more about its historical value and it's fun gameplay then its difficulty and, like you said, brain dead ai. (because seriously, their brains be dead)

The Final Offer

all Japanese

god of war combat is a**

dante's inferno a**

tumblr_mit76ey0I21rboqfio1_500.gif

Look at how hard he's trying! lol!​

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Not really. "Action" also makes this a very broad topic so that means more than just your DMC-ish games.

Nowadays, the Japanese gaming market sucks for the most part. Sure, I'm not the biggest fan of the western AAA market over here but, people in this thread have already named more than enough action games that prove you wrong while all you got are older games that are also far from masterpieces.

Get over yourself dude. Just because you hate DmC it doesn't mean you have to keep going on about it.

Why don't you just go somewhere else with other people who are willing to join your shallow hate filled circle jerk?

Dantenevercries

Legacy of Kain, Red Dead Redemption, Fable, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Grand Theft Auto...
All MADE BY WESTERN DEVELOPERS *Shock horror!*

Believe it or not, people on the forum don't just play DMC.

In YOUR opinion DmC water a watered down version of 4... In MY opinion, I prefer DmC to DMC4.
Go and troll another site, personally, you'd probably do better on 4chan...

Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shadow of the Collosus

RESIDENT EVIL 4

all japanese developers....."shock horror"

are we talking about games in general or action games, cause i think i meant character action games....

even then japan as a whole still has more memorable games then the west

chrono trigger, final fantasy 6 etc.e tc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom