• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why dmc4 isn't perfect..(just my opinion)

dantexxlady

ok..first, we can use both nero and dante in different part of the game...but why cant we use only one of them to complete the whole game just like dmc3??(cause i dont like to use nero).
second, we can/need to use nero to fight dante twice, why cant we use dante to fight nero(i really want to use dante to fight nero..cause i really want him to know that dante is stronger than him!!!)
so what do you guys think?

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Yeah I really wanted to fight Nero while playing as Dante as well, but that would involve alot of dodging of the Devil Bringer. It would have been fun though even if there was alot of grabing going on in my opinion.

Oh btw there aren't any perfect games lol

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
1.Difficulty level is too easy,even for Devil Hunter and Son of Sparda modes. (hoping for more challenging modes,like the Legendary Dark Knight mode for PC version.)

2.Dante's levels are more on backtracking previous levels that Nero traveled through. (wish that Dante has his own exclusive levels.)

3.Dante simply does not have enough levels to compensate the fact that Nero is the main star in DMC4,which makes Dante looks like the bad guy around. (this sucks...)

4.Vergil is not present in DMC4. (this sucks like hell too...)

5.Nero has only 4 weapons.Red Queen,Blue Rose,Devil Bringer,and Yamato.Very limited,but this makes his 4 weapons looks more prominent and important in DMC4.Due to the Exceed System and wide array of moves for Nero's Red Queen,the Red Queen is simply the weapon from hell.

And Dante has only 7 weapons,less than in DMC3.Which are Rebellion,Lucifer's Call,Gilgamesh,Ebony and Ivory,Coyote-A,Pandora's Box,and Yamato.

6.Trish's voice actor does not return. (DMC1 voice actor is better than DMC4 voice actor,to me.)

7.Very little levels.Should have been around 25 missions,as you are playing Dante and Nero in one game.

8.Poor final boss battle.

9.Sparda is not usable.

10.Not many extra features going around.Extra costumes are very limited.

dantexxlady

Chaos Master;103822 said:
1.Difficulty level is too easy,even for Devil Hunter and Son of Sparda modes. (hoping for more challenging modes,like the Legendary Dark Knight mode for PC version.)

2.Dante's levels are more on backtracking previous levels that Nero traveled through. (wish that Dante has his own exclusive levels.)

3.Dante simply does not have enough levels to compensate the fact that Nero is the main star in DMC4,which makes Dante looks like the bad guy around. (this sucks...)

4.Vergil is not present in DMC4. (this sucks like hell too...)

5.Nero has only 4 weapons.Red Queen,Blue Rose,Devil Bringer,and Yamato.Very limited,but this makes his 4 weapons looks more prominent and important in DMC4.Due to the Exceed System and wide array of moves for Nero's Red Queen,the Red Queen is simply the weapon from hell.

And Dante has only 7 weapons,less than in DMC3.Which are Rebellion,Lucifer's Call,Gilgamesh,Ebony and Ivory,Coyote-A,Pandora's Box,and Yamato.

6.Trish's voice actor does not return. (DMC1 voice actor is better than DMC4 voice actor,to me.)

7.Very little levels.Should have been around 25 missions,as you are playing Dante and Nero in one game.

8.Poor final boss battle.

9.Sparda is not usable.

10.Not many extra features going around.Extra costumes are very limited.
i am 100% agree with you there are too few weapons to use and the game is short..and i really hope that dante has his own exclusive missions..in my opinion DMC3 is more difficult than DMC4...some people can defeat a boss in less than a minute..

Sparda™

Chaos Master pretty much summed It up.

However, some things I'd like to add to the lacks are...

- Air Raid (Simply one of the coolest moves Devil May Cry has. It lacks here in Devil May Cry 4.)

- New bosses (Almost all bosses here were challenged twice and three times too, which sucks.)

- Darkslayer Style (It was so limited. It would be better If Yamato would be a sword, and have its sword moves while in Swordmaster)

Angel Valentine

[ It Penetrates ]
It's kinda strange, but DMC4 feels (to me, just the impression I get from i), like they couldn't decide wtf they wanted to do with Dante or Nero in terms of their respective 'stories'.

It feels like half of the team was working on one character while a completely different half was working on the other, ran out of time, and mashed them together.

I actually didn't like the voice actors for either Dante or Trish in 1 ^^;;; So I was quite happy with her voice this time around.

Not much more that I can say other than though xD We all know it was way to short, and there was waaaay to much backtracking :/

Green Hat

its true dmc4 was wayyy easier than dmc3 but thats not necessarily a bad thing cuz dmc4 was actually more enjoyable and fun with the devil bringer and weapons like Pandora and Gilgamesh. I mean in dmc 3 you sure had tons of weapons but we should all agree most of them were useless (who really used Nevan?) Bewulf, Agni and Rudra, Cerberus were the only ones i enjoyed, the other ones were a drag....and over here you can switch to everything without a divinity statue. Voice acting in DMC4 was better than 1 or 3, but soundtrack was not upto the mark this time around....Length of the game was just fine and the boss battles were SO MUCH FUN but of course repititive. Honestly I had hoped to fight Echidna a 2nd time and it was more fun than the first but a THIRD TIME?!

And the last boss was weaker than Credo, The Frogs, Echidna and Dante.......that was a real big disappointment after what Veril in DMC 3 was. Bosses in this game were less challenging but much more fun to fight with the DB Buster moes and everything

Vergil_Yamato

Next one shuld be better i just brough dmc4 for my ps3 i think the xbox version is more easy than the ps3 version or im getting crap

Top Bottom