• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why DmC Devil May Cry’s Dante Is Part Angel

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
But that's more of a coincidence than anything. Itsuno took Dante's red coloring from the Power Rangers (Super Sentai), like he did with Viewtiful Joe and his white hair is due to Japanese mythology. It is also a custom in Japan (like in most other countries) that the eldest son would inherit the father's possession, including his sword. In DMC 1, Sparda used Yamato, so it made sense that Vergil would inherit and use it. If I can remember, it was the same with Inuyasha's father and how Sesshomaru would inherit his sword and how Sesshomaru/Vergil wants to surpass his old man and obtain his sword because their dad is legend while Dante/Inuyasha don't really care.

For DMC 1 specifically, it doesn't really have many similarities with Inuyasha. Outside of the fact that both are about red color wearing, white- haired demon half- breeds who fight against other demons, who is the son of a legendary demon there really aren't any similarites.

Really, saying that DMC is similar to Inuyasha is like saying that Iron Man is similar to Batman. Yes, the two similarities, but that doesn't really mean anything. Saying that DMC is similar to Blade, however, actually gives rise to thinking that maybe there might be some inspiration there.

Pretty huge coincidence if you ask me.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Pretty huge coincidence if you ask me.

Ususually I wouldnt agree, but I do in this case. Inuyasha and DMC as a whole do have some similarities, but its because of the fact that they are both based of common archetypes in stories, movies etc. The "I hate my brother because my father loves him more" storyline is pretty common. For example, Cain/Abel use the same kind of archetype as Sesshomaru/Inuyasha and Dante/Vergil. But though there are similarities, they are all different in their own ways.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
god damn guys. the whole brother sibling rivalry thing is literally the OLDEST STORY IN THE BOOK. hell the anceint Egyptians had a similair thing where Set was jealous his younger brother Osiris was chosen to be the pharoh. everybody has heard it. what makes DMC special is that it makes the story its own. and i imagine DmC will be the same.

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
god damn guys. the whole brother sibling rivalry thing is literally the OLDEST STORY IN THE BOOK. hell the anceint Egyptians had a similair thing where Set was jealous his younger brother Osiris was chosen to be the pharoh. everybody has heard it. what makes DMC special is that it makes the story its own. and i imagine DmC will be the same.

You're wrong it's even older than that, Kain and Abel from the Bible has to be the oldest.;)

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
You're wrong it's even older than that, Kain and Abel from the Bible has to be the oldest.;)

wait who and who? im sorry, im not to familiar with hebrew legends. i know they were around a lil after the first byzantines but thats about it

Top Bottom