• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

Sparda disappeared before the twins' 9th birthday, so It is plausible he trained them the basics, as they received the swords from their father.

After Eva's death, Vergil had vanished. Dante thought his brother was dead.

Vergil was trained by the dark forces, hence his Dark Slayer style and his close relationship with his demonic heritage.

Dante was brought to the human part of his heritage, become the legendary devil hunter we all know.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Yeah...i'm pretty sure Sparda trained them and then after Eva's death, they fought eachother for training...remember....Vergil turning evil is fairly recent considering how Dante said it had only been a year since they last saw eachother

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Sparda would have taught them the basics to be sure but I think that their combat ability maybe best summed up with one word... innate. I.e. they were taught the basics by Sparda but most of their combat ability comes from their high ranking demonic bloodline. I think that's quite probable, and how capcom will most likely answer such a question.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;189041 said:
Sparda disappeared before the twins' 9th birthday, so It is plausible he trained them the basics, as they received the swords from their father.

After Eva's death, Vergil had vanished. Dante thought his brother was dead.

Vergil was trained by the dark forces, hence his Dark Slayer style and his close relationship with his demonic heritage.

Dante was brought to the human part of his heritage, become the legendary devil hunter we all know.

o_O You never cease to amaze me - where did you get all the info from? WHEEEERRREEEE?? I want it, too! >_<
Is the manga canon or not? Does anybody know?

Um... anyway, I really thought they just picked fighting up naturally. Vergil being more refined in a way was probably trained by a samurai, and Dante with his crazy dirty fighting learnt to fight on the streets. But if Sparda was actually present for some of their upbringing, he was most likely the one who taught them.
Or, alternatively, maybe Eva taught them the basics? I still think Luce and Ombra were hers, and not Sparda's, since Vergil wants to follow in his father's footsteps and doesn't use a gun. I stand to be corrected, though.

Sparda™

The manga is canon.

Luce & Ombra were Sparda's guns before he met Eva.

Vergil was taken away by Mundus' forces, growing his thirst for power through his demonic heritage.

Ironically though, the same Vergil was being used by Mundus in Devil May Cry 1 as Nelo Angelo against his own brother, Dante.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™ is right about everything except Vergil being raised by demons part. He really only admired demons because of their power, other then that he disliked them.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i still say verg wasn't "evil" til 3...since dante said it had only been a year since they had last been together...with that said, i think that they trained together...judging by how good verg and dante are when they team up with the whole "jackpot" thing when they fire the gun at arkham

Sparda™

Zato-OW;189072 said:
Sparda™ is right about everything except Vergil being raised by demons part. He really only admired demons because of their power, other then that he disliked them.

I didn't literally mean he was raised by demons. He was raised by that heritage thus accepting that kind of heritage and throwing away his human part.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
that is possible i guess....but that would be like the last dmc game they make...cuz it would explain wat happened to sparda and where he's been

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Or, as an alternative, they could have Trish and Dante 'settle' down with a kid, and then one day out of the blue BAM, some big evil like Mundus's offspring or successor shows up - and they reinact the story of Sparda and Eva through Dante and Trish. Sort of like history repeating itself. Only Dante slays the demon's sorry @$$.
With that said, I probably wouldn't buy the game. In fiction, it might work. In the gaming industry...naaahhhh. Unless they make it awesome.

Sparda™

Right now, I can figure out why Nero being Sparda's son would make sense...

Dante and Vergil are the types who'd never fall in love with a woman. Nero in the other hand, is exactly acting like his father... It all makes sense...

He goes against the Order, trying to save the girl he loves, Kyrie. It's a déjà vu. The only reason Sparda would go against his own kind would be of something as great and pure as love - for humans in general. It's quite a reasonable analogy. Love for humans by Sparda, and love for a human by Nero.

My point is clear - Nero will be the one to carry Sparda's bloodline to the other generation. Dante and Vergil were never meant to continue It. Dante was the righteous son, Vergil the dark son and Nero the heir and father of Sparda's grandsons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom