• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who else thinks that DmC is good and DMC actually needed a reboot?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You don't like the control scheme because...?

Bad fanfiction? It's got a nice riff off 'They Live', not amazing but good for a video game. I mean, DMC4 had some weird Jesus Christ plot written by someone with barely any knowledge of christianity. It's sort of the same thing with dante, he was a japanese view of 'cool' western aesthetics made from bits and pieces of Western media. (Not sure about the rest of the series.)
The previous series didn't have sh!t when it came to story or character development. Dante, of all video game characters, is not a freaking golden boy and overall isn't very interesting or original to begin with. I can buy intentional camp but Devil May Cry never did this the best. It's why you have such a shift in tones from a game like DMC to DMC 2 then 3. It's like Capcom never knew what to do with the series. Almost like half the people in the room wanted to be serious and the other half wanted to stay cartoony meeting each other half way. I might be a hardcore Devil May Cry fan but I can point out how freaking dumb the series is and it sure as hell is not the sacred series people think it is.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS, A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT, ISN'T IT NOBLE OF US TO CONSTANTLY SPEW THE SAME NONSENSE IN LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE NEW THREAD ABOUT WHY WE LIKE THE GAME, THAT'S COOL RIGHT, ISN'T THAT NOBLE OF US?!!!!"
-anti logic on this forum
See what Happens when I remove the word "Don't", it perfectly describes you. All you do is spew the same nonsense about why you like the game, and don't call me a hater, because I both bought and ENJOYED the game. I just hate Emo Dante

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
See what Happens when I remove the word "Don't", it perfectly describes you. All you do is spew the same nonsense about why you like the game, and don't call me a hater, because I both bought and ENJOYED the game. I just hate Emo Dante
How the hell is Dante "emo" in DmC? He isn't acting depressed and sulking in a corner complaining about trivial bs. Plus his hair is short and not as long as the previous games so he's not flicking it out his eyes. Isn't that what emo is? The last thing Dante is in DmC is emo.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
How the hell is Dante "emo" in DmC? He isn't acting depressed and sulking in a corner complaining about trivial bs.

well i wouldn't call him "emo" either, but him "cutting himself" in that one seen only added fuel to the "emo fire" that some fans have lol.

just sayin...

Agent47_89

Less of a nice riff and more of a bad ripoff, in my opinion. And it's hard to treat DMC4 as something serious because it has wonderful things like

That line made me cringe with embarrassment for whoever wrote that.

But why didn't you like the controls?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
well i wouldn't call him "emo" either, but him "cutting himself" in that one seen only added fuel to the "emo fire" that some fans have lol.

just sayin...
The scene with him digging in his chest that was only like half a second and had nothing else to do with the rest the game at any point in the game like ever? I made fun of that just as much as I make fun of anything in the Devil May Cry series no matter what game it is but that's really scrapping at the bottom of the barrel for some emo claim.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The scene with him digging in his chest that was only like half a second and had nothing else to do with the rest the game at any point in the game like ever? I made fun of that just as much as I make fun of anything in the Devil May Cry series no matter what game it is but that's really scrapping at the bottom of the barrel for some emo claim.

scrapping or not, can you honestly say that scene would not add more fuel to those fans who like to call him emo?

MichiGen

How the hell is Dante "emo" in DmC? He isn't acting depressed and sulking in a corner complaining about trivial bs. Plus his hair is short and not as long as the previous games so he's not flicking it out his eyes. Isn't that what emo is? The last thing Dante is in DmC is emo.

I also don't understand from where this "emo" bullshit come from. I like Dante in all DMC games, but if people really want to bash DmC with this stupid statement, they should better look at previous DMC games.
I think he looks way more "emo" or "gay" in DMC 3 and 4 than in DmC.
dmc3-dante.jpg
tumblr_m5342iki1W1ql6520.jpg

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I also don't understand from where this "emo" bullshit come from. I like Dante in all DMC games, but if people really want to bash DmC with this stupid statement, they should better look at previous DMC games.
I think he looks way more "emo" or "gay" in DMC 3 and 4 than in DmC.
dmc3-dante.jpg
tumblr_m5342iki1W1ql6520.jpg

now now, why must people feel the need to make fun of the original Dante when defending the new one?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
scrapping or not, can you honestly say that scene would not add more fuel to those fans who like to call him emo?
It's another very weak and stupid trivial claim that doesn't hold up whatsoever. Give me a break, nothing but trivial aspects is all they ever can bring up for the most part. After all, Dante's black hair was a really big issue where it should have never been one in the first place.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
now now, why must people feel the need to make fun of the original Dante when defending the new one?
He's such an easy target. That outfit in 4 is god awful and ridiculous. Dante in DmC actually looks rather normal because he's wearing normal clothes and I think his coat looks the coolest. I like the hooded black with red lining.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
He's such an easy target. That outfit in 4 is god awful and ridiculous. Dante in DmC actually looks rather normal because he's wearing normal clothes and I think his coat looks the coolest. I like the hooded black with red lining.

Well I to wasn't much of a fan of his appearance in 4.

Specifically dem chaps.....:blink:

But I just don't like it when people feel the need to belittle the original Dante when defending this new one.

I feel if your going to defend him then bring up points when doing so to justify it, don't just try to make the original look bad in favor of this new one.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well I to wasn't much of a fan of his appearance in 4.

Specifically dem chaps.....:blink:

But I just don't like it when people feel the need to belittle the original Dante when defending this new one.

I feel if your going to defend him then bring up points when doing so to justify it, don't just try to make the original look bad in favor of this new one.
The original Dante does look stupid. Especially in 2 and 4. See someone walking around in the previous Dante's gaudy apparel will draw in nothing but awkward stares and people wanting to distance themselves away from you as much as possible. I can't find much to diss Dante for in the new game because he looks normal. The wifebeater is a fun little thing to poke at but not enough for ridicule as much as previous Dante has. You can rip Dante to shreds because he's sure as hell not the definition of cool. You'd have to really want to be forever alone if you model your sense of style after Dante. It's not just the chaps either in 4, he's wearing more leather than a gimp.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
See someone walking around in the previous Dante's gaudy apparel will draw in nothing but awkward stares and people wanting to distance themselves away from you as much as possible..

So because he doesn't look realistic he in fact looks stupid?

So I guess Sonic,Zelda, Mega Man, and countless other video game characters also look stupid since they would also get akward stares in the real world lol.

Its ok if you don't think he looks cool, but I think its kinda unfair to say he looks stupid simply because he isn't exactly realistic appearance wise.

MichiGen

That's an opinion, not necessarily a fact.

The ''evolution of the reboot''? Don't you mean the evolution of the series? There's only been one reboot game so far. Besides, that's another opinion.
Yes sorry, english is not my native language. I mean evolution of the series.

Dante's changing over the course of the series is probably due to a different team working on DMC almost every time.
I think players care about the games themselves, not about information such as which studio made which game from the series. Such information can't be an excuse and doesn't change anything about the fact that the series is not very cohesive, and different personality of the main character in each game also doesn't help.

It's clear that there was never any common vision between the development teams which has been working on DMC games. First one feels like a serious, gothic, atmospheric action / adventure. Second one tries to be very dark and cool, but in a very unimpressive environment in my opinion. Big change came with DMC 3 prequel, which is not serious atmospheric game anymore. It's all only about crazy over the top anime style story with fast and complex combat system. But it lacks the serious feel and atmosphere of the DMC 1, and player doesn't have much respect for enemies, because the game depicts Dante as cheesy, ultimate demon killer who doesn't need any help and killing demons represents only a source of fun for him.

DMC needing a reboot is simply not true.
May I quote you here? "That's an opinion, not necessarily a fact." :)

This reboot was just the easy way out, and brought them fast money. If they like the new direction, fine. But you can't expect every fan to, and indirectly insulting those fans in DmC is pitiful.
Fast money? The game was in development for more than 3 years, and CAPCOM had to constantly revise Ninja Theory's work and give them some advices. http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/30/39...-long-distance-romance-with-ninja-theory-that
If they would like to make a quick cash grab they could done the game internally 1 or 2 years after the DMC 4 on the same engine imo.

I of course agree with some things you have said, so I only replied to those I don't. As I said, I like all DMC 1,3,4 games independently, but not as a series. And I'm glad that with DmC there is a new chance and hope that we'll actually see some interesting cohesive story throughout a trilogy for example.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So because he doesn't look realistic he in fact looks stupid?

So I guess Sonic,Zelda, Mega Man, and countless other video game characters also look stupid since they would also get akward stares in the real world lol.

Its ok if you don't think he looks cool, but I think its kinda unfair to say he looks stupid simply because he isn't exactly realistic appearance wise.
Zelda is sexy and one of my video game crushes and that babe would get the pass because look at her. I don't know any dude who would pass up on her.
header_img.jpg

Sonic would get stares regardless because he's not even human and is a anthro like animal walking amongst the populous. MegaMan does look odd but he's a robot and he's straight up dressed for battle there plus dude MegaMan>Dante. That's just a simple fact of life buddy. Dante really isn't all that cool. He's a dork and a bit of a try hard. Ash Williams is badass, Batman is badass, etc. Dante is, a dorky dude with a gaudy sense of style and cool. I don't hate him but he doesn't really fall in line of badass.

Blacknerd

I enjoyed DmC for the combat and story but felt the bosses need more umph I hope they make a sequel but im not holding my breath

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Zelda is sexy and one of my video game crushes and that babe would get the pass because look at her. I don't know any dude who would pass up on her.
header_img.jpg

Sonic would get stares regardless because he's not even human and is a anthro like animal walking amongst the populous. MegaMan does look odd but he's a robot and he's straight up dressed for battle there plus dude MegaMan>Dante. That's just a simple fact of life buddy. Dante really isn't all that cool. He's a dork and a bit of a try hard. Ash Williams is badass, Batman is badass, etc. Dante is, a dorky dude with a gaudy sense of style and cool. I don't hate him but he doesn't really fall in line of badass.

Wow, its always sad to see that a fan of the series dislikes Dante on a actual DMC site...

But hey, your entitled to your opinion dude.

Top Bottom