• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who actually liked it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keaton

Premium
^wouldve been nice to have more banter though...ESPECIALLY against Phantom, of which Dante already has history against :D

How often did you rely on DDT mode (desperate devil mode, Majin) ?
Initally it was only on the Skull-Knight fella, whom was aided by wolves...the first time I battled him forsome reason I just couldn't raise a combo...so I had to use DDT there, however the second encounter I took him out flawlessly o_O I was so suprised :D

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Keaton;121452 said:
^wouldve been nice to have more banter though...ESPECIALLY against Phantom, of which Dante already has history against :D

How often did you rely on DDT mode (desperate devil mode, Majin) ?
Initally it was only on the Skull-Knight fella, whom was aided by wolves...the first time I battled him forsome reason I just couldn't raise a combo...so I had to use DDT there, however the second encounter I took him out flawlessly o_O I was so suprised :D

That Majin form is pretty cool. Maybe Dante will have it again on 5.

Zato-OW

King
Hmm the only thing i loved about DMC2 was Dante's outfit and the way he looked. Other then that the game sucked when its being put up as a DMC game. But in general it was a decent game if you are a newcomer into the series which I was when playing DMC2. But after I played 3 I never went back to it. The other only thing i liked in DMC2 was the cut-scene were he shoots the Despair Embodied in the face while having a smile on his face. Evey time i see it it reminds me of DMC3 Dante(which is the only thing close to DMC3 Dante in that game.).

Gunslinger55

I personally liked it. I agree that its the weakest of the four games, but I don't think its the abomination that a lot of DMC fans make it out to be. With the exceptions of the boss fights, the fights were fairly fun, Dante looked the best in it, and had some cool ideas that never lived up to its potential. Its a decent game to say the least.

Divine Insect

DMC2 is my least favorite in the series. I liked Dante's outfit and some of the enemy designs (with the exception of the infected vehicles...I thought those were lame, IMO), but Dante's character was way off. Also, the enemies and boss fights seemed too easy for a DMC game, especially since you could easily get away with using Ebony and Ivory so much (I personally think melee is much more fun). I didn't mind the more urbanized and modern settings, but the environments in general just seemed way too open. As for Lucia, meh. Not my favorite character. Didn't enjoy playing her as much as I did Dante.

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
Very good atmosphere and the total results tune still gives me chills and it even has my favorite soundtrack out of all of them, but yea its a little less amazing then the others.

DMC Chart:
DMC1
DMC3
DMC4

DMC2
Most other generic action games.

Its kinda like someone said alright we got an awesome game here. Now how can we make it less awesome? Just leave a hint of awesome. In fact a shell of its former self. Yea they'll love it.

Big Boss

Unstable
Its kinda like someone said alright we got an awesome game here. Now how can we make it less awesome? Just leave a hint of awesome. In fact a shell of its former self. Yea they'll love it.

^ so true

Durante

Dead
K... Back to subject if Capcom did this on purpose then i suppose because Dante is not a child anymore to be cocky so thats why he was always calm just like Sparda was ^^ P.S Never played Dmc2 maybe i will someday.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
DMC2 wasnt that bad at all... okay, it has many bad things like plot, Dante's attitude and gameplay... but it is better than the other DMCs in other (not many) aspects like the DTs that are the best ones and DMC2 is the only game in the series where E&I deal decent damage without having to charge them or using gunslinger. The other ones, Dante seems to be shooting small stones at the enemies....

Blue Rose

The Demon Hunter
i actually played it till i beat it. but the game was easy, but irritating at the same time. like it takes ****ing forever jus to get enough orbs to do anything with your weapons. and thats if u dont buy any items.:dry: but the game ended up being to repetive4 and irritating to me, and slow. so i no longer play it after beating it on normal with both characters. (and maybe some hard)

Novelisk

Insane Devil Hunter
I did like it. The platforming elements wore great and something I thought the first one needed more of. however the large areas took away the cramped "O****htereslikeeightotherguysinthisteenyasshallwaywhatthe****amigonnado" feeling the first one had. Some of the new moves were cool, and I liked Dante's new look, but Rainstorm and Twosometime were so useless in that game it wasn't even funny. The combat was a bit repetitive, and I guess someone kicked Dante in the balls and told him to shut his mouth, because he seems almost devoid of his signature style.

mar0mar86

personally I think the game should be re-made with the original team...I saw a potential but it was so lost. why couldn't the original team do the game?>_< so, no, i really didn't like it. but i saw a potential!

RedRose

Kael
I enjoyed DMC2 to an extent, I thought gameplay was excelent, much better than DMC1 and if DMC2 wasn't made there wouldn't have been a general layout for the fighting styles and menu options for the 3rd game, there was only one part I didn't like in 2 gameplay-wise and it was only cause of a stupid camera angle (the part when you're in some underground ruins and you have to pull an Indiana Jones and run away from the freaking ball thing or else it teleports you) the camera shifted so fast that you didn't have much time to ract and next thing you know you're running into the blasted thing. Now cutscenes are a different story DMC2 is the only game where I refuse to watch the cutscenes...ever, they freaking suck big time, and that's enough said I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom