• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

which was the worst dmc of all

death vador

Out of all 5 dmc'z which was the best and which was the worst?

My point of view..dmc 3 was the best and dmc 2 was the worst due to dante being very powerful and enemies even bosses were very weak

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Either 2 or 4 both of which were rushed and had alot of potential xeven though i think their the worst i still like playing them more 2 then 4.

aoshi

I like all DMC games. But least fav is DMC 1 *I know i am going to be crucified for this.>_<*. I played it for like 20 minutes and it felt like resident evil with a sword.I am not, in any way, implying that DMC 1 is a bad game, it was jus so different from DMC 3. And the controls.....Oh No.

Haven't played DMC 2.

DMC 4 jus had a crappy story. Events were very predictable. Plus i already saw the cut-scenes on youtube. But gameplay was top notch. It was more a lighter take with dante not leading the game and a game with new protag(Nero) and events that happen in fortuna. Jus a page out of DMC story. But bloody palace makes up for boring hours of story. And there were hair-pulling secret missions and blue orb locations. Fortuna was great area to discover (even bigger than temen-ni-gru).And the game jus oozes style.So i enjoyed DMC 4 more than DMC 3.

Still playing DmC. I am indifferent about this game.:|

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i gotta give 4 the score of the worst. after the past 3 games and the anime i felt kinda spoiled and i was very used to dante being a certain way. then DMC4 happened and i felt kind of let down. i mean DmC was a disappointment as well, but seeing as how it was made by a very young and inexperienced development team, who is also very few in numbers and resources, they did a pretty kick ass job. DMC4 to me felt like capcom was getting lazy

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
DMC4... I didn't like the story, Nero was even worse ("KYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE") and the final nail in the coffin was the novel was Capcom's laziness.

sparda@nana

The Legendary Dark Knight
DMC2 is not stylish at all.
Insane crazy of bloody palace:/
Damn annoying goats........FLOCK OFF!!!!!:mad:

In fact I want to say DmC......
However,it s not the real franchise of Devil May Cry,in my mind forever.:mad:

berto

I Saw the Devil
DMC2. I get why people dog on 4, it's not an unplayable title. In fact there are alot of people who really like it because they aren't overwhelmed by its system nor are they drawn away by the story. DMC2 has none of that. In fact the only thing it has going for itself was some very impressive character design, but that's just about it.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
DMC2. I get why people dog on 4, it's not an unplayable title. In fact there are alot of people who really like it because they aren't overwhelmed by its system nor are they drawn away by the story. DMC2 has none of that. In fact the only thing it has going for itself was some very impressive character design, but that's just about it.

meh. debatable. i like DMC2 because it tried to do something different. not only that, it (along with DmC) are great games to just chill out and play.

berto

I Saw the Devil
meh. debatable. i like DMC2 because it tried to do something different. not only that, it (along with DmC) are great games to just chill out and play.

Like it all you want, that doesn't increase it's qualities nor lower it's flaws. That game is the least well made of the franchise, it plays the least well, and it's has the least to offer.

death vador

DMC4... I didn't like the story, Nero was even worse ("KYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE") and the final nail in the coffin was the novel was Capcom's laziness.

Ja it was pretty stupid of em 2 remove dante as the main protagonist for a punk who doesn't even knw his origins

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Worst One:
DmC. It's not bad or anything. I just cant get into it. It feels too odd. And strange. I tried it out for a bit and fiddled around with it as well as watched my family play through it. They loved it to death at least. It's just not my thing.

Ok ones:
DMC1 and DMC2. These were just ok. I like DMC1 more but still, I can't really stick to them as much. I played them on and off and that's the most I can say about them.

Second Fav:
DMC4: I liked Nero and enjoyed his combat. He was fun to use despite the fact that he was lacking moves compared to Dante's moveset. Still, I found myself enjoying Nero's segments more then Dante's. Sadly, it also introduced the character I like the least *cast death glares at Kyrie*

Best One:
DMC3. Ah, yes. The game that got me interested in the series. I loved everything about it and it was the first game that literally kicked my ass the first time I tried it and encouraged me to get better at it. It has my overall favorite weapons from the series too. I need to get back into it.

i gotta give 4 the score of the worst. after the past 3 games and the anime i felt kinda spoiled and i was very used to dante being a certain way. then DMC4 happened and i felt kind of let down. i mean DmC was a disappointment as well, but seeing as how it was made by a very young and inexperienced development team, who is also very few in numbers and resources, they did a pretty kick ass job. DMC4 to me felt like capcom was getting lazy

I agree with all you said.

EnJ

Shade
Calling DMC4 a bad game is some sort of mainstream now. Most depth combat system from all genre? Best sales in series? Tons of community support? Who cares...

About the thread:
DmC\DMC2. I can't decide what worse so let it be both.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Calling DMC4 a bad game is some sort of mainstream now. Most depth combat system from all genre? Best sales in series? Tons of community support? Who cares...

About the thread:
DmC\DMC2. I can't decide what worse so let it be both.
its not mainstream, its just the God guven truth. Just because a game has good sales (COD, Halo, ME3) doesnt mean I have to like it. And just because Im a fan of Hack n Slash gameplay and am a fan of DMC and DmC doesnt mean I should kiss DMC4's feet just because it succeeded in one category (gameplay) but failed in everything else. (story, character development, backtracing, etc.)

EnJ

Shade
its not mainstream, its just the God guven truth. Just because a game has good sales (COD, Halo, ME3) doesnt mean I have to like it. And just because Im a fan of Hack n Slash gameplay and am a fan of DMC and DmC doesnt mean I should kiss DMC4's feet just because it succeeded in one category (gameplay) but failed in everything else. (story, character development, backtracing, etc.)
DmC also succeeded in one category (environment design) but failed in everything else (story, gameplay, character development etc.) so why DMC4 worse? I guess it's because by your subjective opinion DmC did well in characters development, story and gameplay. So one question still left. Why do you think that you subjective opinion it is God given truth?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DmC also succeeded in one category (environment design) but failed in everything else (story, gameplay, character development etc.) so why DMC4 worse? I guess it's because by your subjective opinion DmC did well in characters development, story and gameplay. So one question still left. Why do you think that you subjective opinion it is God given truth?

Because you speak of people not liking DMC4 as if it was Mainstream, when in actuality, people have their own subjective opinions on DMC4. It may sound Mainstream, but its also out of truth.

And yes, I do believe DmC had better story, environment, and character development, but not gameplay.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I'm playing DMC 2 right now and I got to say it's pretty bad. Dante does not feel like the main character more like a guy who just happen to be there. And for the most part waaay too easy. One of the bosses felt like more of a chore then a boss fight.
That is why DMC 1 and 3 are good. Even though DMC 3 feels like an anime at lest it gave me a challenge to look forward to rather then pest control.

As for DMC 4 I just think it suffers MGS 2 syndrome. Capcom wanted to replace Dante with some one fresh new and young but failed by not making Nero live up to the expectation of the fans and slapping him with a dull love interested and very bishi looks. And instead of trying to flesh out Nero they drop him like a bad habit.

Top Bottom