• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

which do you want ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Since ninja theory and capcom cant make up their minds about what this game is, you can pretty much tell us which you think the game is and why you want it to be that one
Reboot or prequel

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I think it's a bit of both...I honestly don't care what people say about it anyways. :p

Meg

I'd rather it was a prequel cause that means they aren't throwing away the whole series, but at the same time the thought of that Dante being the real Dante is just....>_<

Meg

^ But how do we know its not the origin story to a rebooted series? Like how inFAMOUS was an origin story and the first game in the series.

O_O

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Meg;288685 said:
^ But how do we know its not the origin story to a rebooted series? Like how inFAMOUS was an origin story and the first game in the series.

O_O

"This is meant to be an origin story, so this is Dante before you knew who Dante was," he explained. "There is going to be some interesting changes and twists to what people think they know about Dante or where he came from. We aren't planning on deviating greatly from the path that is there."

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1129209p1.html

Meg

I've also seen sources that make it sound like a complete reboot. NT needs to hurry up and give up answers.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
They have given us answers...but what we need is proof, like an actual demo of the game.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Hopefully it's a reboot because if it's not they have more important things to be dealing with than going back to an even younger Dante and putting yet another massive change in his character. It's inconsistant enough as it is.
Nah nice fresh new start with nothing holding them back so they can be as creative as they want with both the story and the gameplay.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Meg;288680 said:
but at the same time the thought of that Dante being the real Dante is just....>_<

Come on, that kid is Dante on his awkward age. :)

I agree with Darth Angelo. By making a reboot, they have a fresh start. They can make Dante look, act and fight the way they want... without worrying about ruining DMCs timeline.

Dominus

Crimson Devil;288716 said:
Come on, that kid is Dante on his awkward age. :)

I agree with Darth Angelo. By making a reboot, they have a fresh start. They can make Dante look, act and fight the way they want... without worrying about ruining DMCs timeline.

But they will tarnish the DMC image. That being a game with fast stylish action, and they instead will give us a GOW rip-off like all their previous(2) games.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
It must be a prequel, since is't was meant to be an origin story.. And maybe it's just a bad joke when they are saying it's a reboot!?

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
I think a Prequel is better as I really want to go back where everything started for Dante...but a reboot is not bad either...guess I am up for both!!

DMC_girl

Female devil hunter
I'd say prequel. Somehow, I don't like the idea of CAPCOM leaving certain things unexplained and just twisting the whole story into a reboot/ new one.

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
As things stand I hope it's a prequel, that way it's actually contributing to the storyline and I'm interested in seeing how NT will fit everything into the series canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom