• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which did you like more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
Devil May Cry 3 or Devil May Cry 4?

DMC3
Pros: I like the one style idea. Mainly because I rarely change in 4 and it makes me feel lazy. The story was better in my opinion and the difficulty was insane the first play through.(I love how when you die 3 times it says, "Hey, you suck. Go play on this difficulty.")
Cons: Some cheesy lines (a few truly facepalm worthy). But it's a DMC trademark.

DMC4
Pros: New character with a completely revamped combat system. Which was, surprisingly, very smoothly put together and effective. Oh and it's bloody beautiful in comparison to DMC3.
Cons: No Vergil... Less Dante than I'd like. Feels like they dumbed down Bloody Palace as well. The difficulty felt like the developers caved for the people who weren't dedicated enough to learn some simple movesets.

Overall
DMC3: Because it tells the best story and put me through the ringer, limping to the end of the mission to berate me with a bad ranking.

(But I liked both of them very much. They are both in my top ten games.)

DMC3: 9
DMC4: 2
Both: 1

Sparda™

Devil May Cry 3...

Definitely the best of the series so far.

Better storyline, better character development, better gameplay, challenging difficulties and one great Bloody Palace.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
If four was a little better, then I'd go with four.

But since D.M.C.3 has a special place in my heart, and is still better, I'm goin' with three.

If three had 4's graphics... Sweet jesus!

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
Oh yeah, and Lady was the best leading.. uhm... lady in any of the games. Lucia being a close second(lol no).

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
I just died a little bit because I know that won't happen. *Sigh* Well DMC5 is all but guaranteed so that's something to look forward to if they don't completely focus on Nero again...

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
Wow, no one's choosing 4. I thought it would have been closer considering the graphics gap is an entire generation.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
SaaR;152721 said:
Wow, no one's choosing 4. I thought it would have been closer considering the graphics gap is an entire generation.

I chose 4 :p 3 was good for the Dante story but I fell in love with the epic melodramatic Devil May Cry. Nero brought back a bit of the passion that Dante was starting to sorely lack. I loved the intro to DMC4 because Dante took the fight serious enough to not fight with his feet while doing handstand or something...whilst telling them how ugly they were.

If I wanted to kill stuff as the Fonz I will go play GTA3.:D

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
Good point. As far as the story.. I liked 3 because it filled in some back story which is something the series really benefited from in my opinion. 4 just started something new. It didn't explain any of the questions we've had. Not that I didn't like it. I just wished for some more information to be confirmed, presented, or denied.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
DMC 3 For me ta, it still remains one of my favourite games, DMC 4 felt like it'd been dumbed down a little too much, combat was too simplistic, Bloody Palace was far too easy, the story wasn't great and Nero was just...Meh, I was indifferent towards him, he played like an easier version of Dante to be honest.

Actually, in hindsight, do you know what the DMC 4 combat system reminds me of? The combat system from the first DMC, clunky and irritating.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil May Cry 3,because Dante's and Vergil's different views of power and so on makes the game totally epic and it is one of the best rivalry in games that I have ever seen.Plus,a younger Dante is way cooler.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom