• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which console?

Dark Drakan

Admin
The 360 pad feels like it's got something to it, the PS2 controller feels like a piece of empty plastic in comparison. But that's me... I have small hands, and I grew up with those PS2 controllers. I love them.

Every controller after the PS2 felt alien to me at first but now its the other way around. lol

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Every controller after the PS2 felt alien to me at first but now its the other way around. lol
I guess it's whatever you're used to versus whatever's truly comfortable. The PS2 controllers seem to fit my hands best. I'm sure the 360 controllers have become more ergonomic/lighter since the first XBox I bought, but I still find them clunky. And I think you have to push the buttons slightly harder than the PS2 controllers as well. Either that or my PS2 controller is so knackered the sensors in the buttons have worn down so you barely need to press them to get an action.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I guess it's whatever you're used to versus whatever's truly comfortable. The PS2 controllers seem to fit my hands best. I'm sure the 360 controllers have become more ergonomic/lighter since the first XBox I bought, but I still find them clunky. And I think you have to push the buttons slightly harder than the PS2 controllers as well. Either that or my PS2 controller is so knackered the sensors in the buttons have worn down so you barely need to press them to get an action.

The first Xbox Controller was awful though I got used to it after a while, it was HUGE and unuseable for people with small hands. The Controller S was better but still was a poorly designed controller mainly due to its shape and size. The triggers on the 360 controller are pressure sensitive, but the buttons can be a little clunky until you 'wear them in'. Thats mainly to due with how 'raised' they are when compared to say the PS2 face buttons.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I agree. And the first controller was awful. Even having a transparent green one and matching XBox the size of a small car didn't make up for it. XD

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Thats why I enjoy the party chat and cross gaming chat features. Saves time on muting everyone on your squad like I used to besides friends.

That's always a distinct bonus, the PS3 has a similar private chat system as well, used to use it frequently after I picked up a console copy of BC2 on the cheap so I could play that with a couple mates. Always saved the hassle of muting everyone you didn't want to hear.

The exclusives for PS3 are looking really stable which is the main thing, seem to come in waves for 360 and 2012 is looking pretty bad for 360 exclusives.

Primary reason why I got rid of my 360 if I'm honest. Over the years it's just not had enough good exclusives to warrant me keeping it when I could just get every multiplat game on my PC and every PS3 exclusive on my PS3, ends up meaning that I miss out on literally nothing. Given the 360's track record in terms of exclusives, I'm not gonna see anything coming out which will make me yearn for the days where I still owned it whereas stuff like Demon's Souls/Uncharted/Whatever else keeps my PS3 seeing a fair amount of activity.

Id love a new gaming PC as it used to be my main platform but cant fit one in the house currently. When I move I will make sure I have a spare room for one. lol

Yeah space can be an issue, given the measurements of the case I'm having to get for the one I'll be in the process of building soon, I've had to clear out quite a fair amount of space out of my room.
It's worth having purely because a decent PC built for gaming can be used for infinitely more than just gaming, plus the relative cost of PC games (usually about £10-15 less than console games) means that the thing eventually ends up paying for itself in a round about way.
That's not even considering the frankly ridiculous sales Steam has.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
As an owner of both (plus a Wii), I would have to say Xbox is preferred. PS3 might have higher processing power and more graphically enhanced games, but I've seen some nasty glitches on those games too. Such as Bayonetta's screen tearing and Skyrim's saving/loading issues.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
As an owner of both (plus a Wii), I would have to say Xbox is preferred. PS3 might have higher processing power and more graphically enhanced games, but I've seen some nasty glitches on those games too. Such as Bayonetta's screen tearing and Skyrim's saving/loading issues.
thats because the majority of multiplatform games are made on the xbox and ported to ps3.to me both are equally good in processor power and graphics.the only thing that is bad in the xbox is the dvd drive where ps3 has bluray more capacity on disk for more detail and stuff.but i love them both.as said before if u hate playing a game that has three disks and you have to stop in between and put the next one in which to me is no biggie than get ps3 if not you can get 360

Dark Drakan

Admin
As said before if u hate playing a game that has three disks and you have to stop in between and put the next one in which to me is no biggie than get ps3 if not you can get 360

Still bugs me how some games are multiple discs on 360 yet games like Oblivion/Skyrim which are HUGE still fit onto one regular DVD. Makes me wonder if some titles being on so many discs is down to developer laziness and them not compressing their data enough. I can understand it on some cutscene heavy games because Audio and FMV sequences that arent made with the in game GFX engine (aka Final Fantasy) can fill discs pretty fast but unsure what causes some games to be so many discs. I dont mind switching discs and changing them over isnt an issue it just makes me wonder why some are and some 'bigger' games arent.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Still bugs me how some games are multiple discs on 360 yet games like Oblivion/Skyrim which are HUGE still fit onto one regular DVD. Makes me wonder if some titles being on so many discs is down to developer laziness and them not compressing their data enough. I can understand it on some cutscene heavy games because Audio and FMV sequences that arent made with the in game GFX engine (aka Final Fantasy) can fill discs pretty fast but unsure what causes some games to be so many discs. I dont mind switching discs and changing them over isnt an issue it just makes me wonder why some are and some 'bigger' games arent.
well you are right its because some developers dont like to compress their data because it takes alot of work to maintain some good data being so highly compressed.very dedicated developers do that as you said those of skyrim and oblivion

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
ps3 FOR LIFE !! if you had a ps2 or ps1 before ps3's controller is just an awesome sixaxis upgrade ! buy it ! if no then just but cheap 360

Dark Drakan

Admin
when each 360 failed i took them back paid $50 $60 for a new warranty & went home with a new ready to fail 360.

Microsoft gave a 3 year warranty anyway so didnt really need to, I had one die and was replaced for free and then 4 years later when it died again they sent me a new one for £60. My friend Adam has had the YLOD for his PS3 and Sony have told him it will cost him £120 for a repair, he can buy a new one for £150. Also his Assassins Creed Revelations disc is stuck inside and he cant switch his saves from his console to a new one without paying for his old one to be fixed as cant transfer saves from one hard drive to another because some games are code locked to a particular console for some reason.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yea the repair price is BS but i guess it's suppose to equal out, PSN a free network & XBLive you have to pay.
I transferred all my PS3 data to another PS3 but that was awhile ago, maybe some firmware update to protect against copyrighted games has been upgraded idk. However with my experience i'm still sticking with Sony.
Also even though it's a RUMOR, that's going around saying the next XBOX won't play used games. So if it's true i wouldn't support them.

Xbox Live works out at around £30 a year so less than the price of a retail priced game really. Microsoft shouldnt have released a product so fast that it had such a high failure rate but Sony shouldnt just charge extortionate prices for repairing what is essentially the same issue. The RROD is pretty much the same as the YLOD except with one you get it fixed for free for 3 years and the other you get charged £120.

I had 1 PS1 die on me and had to purchase another (have to turn the original upside down and takes around 15 tries to read a disc), had my PS2 die on me and had to purchase another because Sony wanted to charge me £85 for a repair. Had my 360 die twice and was fixed for a free the first time and cost me £60 for them to replace my console entirely and whole process was done in 6 days.

I wouldnt say im a devout follower of any one company as I will purchase the console that has the games on I want to play but in my experience over all these years even with the failure rate my 360 has had the best customer service and support.

I agree about the used games rumour but thats all it is right now, a rumour.

Top Bottom