• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which character in DMC5 should be the primary one Dante/Nero?

Which character in DMC5 should be the primary one Dante/Nero?

• Dante

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • Nero

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
And when he gets Yamato ^_^ it would be so cool to have some new ideas for the Sparda sword as only Sparda knows what it is fully capable of and then going into the next game where Dante gets to know it a little better.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
i wouldnt be totally against a side game..although if they do go with that idea..the question remains..how much will they really answer?..and will they still be able to make the main storyline ie. dantes story..good enough to remain as great as it has been in the eyes of all of the fans?
im not sure..although a project can easily fall apart when they start doing 2 seperate games based on the same storyline..who knows..for all we know nero could be a huge part of dantes story and they just havent told us yet..who's to say.....i still say keep it 50/50 till we can be absolutly sure that nero has nothing new to offer us

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I think it would be ok. How could they possibly mess up Dante's story explaining Nero's?

Besides, they do stuff like all the time with Resident Evil. In a period of about 12 years they have had OVER 13 games! That's alot. And out of all those games, there has only been 3 going on 4 sequels, and the rest are side dishes. I think they can and should do the same for Devil May Cry to clear all this crap up.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
that's a good point..i guess i neglected to look at the number of games that have successfully pulled off side games...lol, idk..i guess im still mixed with emotion as far as the idea goes...although it would be nice to clear up nero's story...but as many have said... dante's story isnt finished and we need more on him..he is Devil May Cry

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yeah, side stories are pretty cool. They explain stuff so it won't interfere with and waste time in the actual sequels. (RE:Code Veronica)I recently made a topic on DMC side stories...Unfortunately it wasn't a very successful topic. It should have been. ><

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
Vergilissexy;79376 said:
Yeah, side stories are pretty cool. They explain stuff so it won't interfere with and waste time in the actual sequels. (RE:Code Veronica)I recently made a topic on DMC side stories...Unfortunately it wasn't a very successful topic. It should have been. ><

WHAT????? that wouldve been a really good topic if i had seen it...man...that sucks..oh and good point about code veronica...i loved code veronica X, both files 1 and 2....lol

DMC should shoot for the same kind of side story with Nero..we need more info on this guy

benxander

Divine Demon
Well if Dante's story needs clearing up, and he, afterall, is the main focus of DMC games, then why not have the next game devoted to Nero and totally clear that up before making the finale all about Dante?

Sparda™

benxander;79393 said:
Well if Dante's story needs clearing up, and he, afterall, is the main focus of DMC games, then why not have the next game devoted to Nero and totally clear that up before making the finale all about Dante?

Why not having a side game of Nero?

Personally, I wouldn't like another prequel of the series. I think DMC5 should continue where DMC2 left. If Capcom wants to get things cleared up, It can make side games.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Dante Aseroth;79413 said:
Why not having a side game of Nero?

Personally, I wouldn't like another prequel of the series. I think DMC5 should continue where DMC2 left. If Capcom wants to get things cleared up, It can make side games.

Quote for truth. Rep+

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Dante Aseroth;79421 said:
Thanks man! I just think It is the best way to continue the saga we all love and are fans of! ;)

You should be able to see it now, I was at work and I posted this just before I left:p

To be on topic though, if side games are gonna be made I don't think they would hinder the "normal" games of the series. They could hire different people to do it while trying to cooperate as to not create something completely non-Devil May Cry.

Sparda™

Tony_Redgrave;79440 said:
You should be able to see it now, I was at work and I posted this just before I left:p

To be on topic though, if side games are gonna be made I don't think they would hinder the "normal" games of the series. They could hire different people to do it while trying to cooperate as to not create something completely non-Devil May Cry.

I also think that side games need to be short, at a five missions amount, but make them longer.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I really hope there are some connection between Dante and Nero. They come so good along.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
benxander;79393 said:

Who saids Dante's story has to end with his next game? He's still got a long way to go, and don't forget about Vergil.

I also think that side games need to be short, at a five missions amount, but make them longer.

No way. That's way too short. I wanna side story, but I don't want it half @ss. D8

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
well... i still dont think either one should get main spotlight in the next one..they gotta go with a 50/50 split and that would give room to explain both sides...i mean really..wahts to tell...where did nero come from? who is he and how did he get that devil bringer?...thats it for him

Dante-how does he know about all this? what event happend to peak his interest? and why is it that he seems more knowllegable about the Order and Nero, then Nero himself?

(side note..i ressurected that thread u were talking about..lol, just thought u should know)

benxander

Divine Demon
Vergilissexy;79501 said:
Who saids Dante's story has to end with his next game? He's still got a long way to go, and don't forget about Vergil.

No way. That's way too short. I wanna side story, but I don't want it half @ss. D8

I said: Well if Dante's story needs clearing up, and he, afterall, is the main focus of DMC games, then why not have the next game devoted to Nero and totally clear that up before making the finale all about Dante

What i meant was that they should have one more game of Nero and explain his origins and things - DMC5
And then have the finale - DMC6 (perhaps) all about Dante. And make it one HUGE game. 30 missions+

Top Bottom