• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Aspects of this game are important to you?

Abyss DvTgR

gameplay 40
graphics 15
sound 25 (i really care)
story 20
lastability its dmc ima be hooked till i achieve the platinum and even waaaaaay more

ZeroLove

This is exactly how I feel when I play a game. If I don't find it fun, then it doesn't matter how iconic the characters are, how good the gameplay is, how awesome the storyplot is written, how beautiful the graphics are. I am not buying a game, because I am a devoted fan to a series or genre, I buy it if I think it is fun. That is the one and most important thing to me.
It doesn't mean I don't care about graphics, gameplay, characters or stories, it just means that I play to have fun and if I do not find the game fun, then I am not going to buy it.

Senpai

You got Ninja Theory in my Dmc
So you wouldn't mind if the game was CLI based with no sound and only 1 level with 1 type of enemy?

Gameplay: 55
Lastability: 30
Graphics: 5
Story: 5
Sound: 5
That's a very big if sunshine, a big if that would never happen, at least not in a Dmc game. So your question is a bit irrelevant but I'll answer it anyway. It could have 8-bit Mario graphics and the soundtrack from MLP for all I care, but dude, it's Dmc of course I wouldn't mind.

ReRave

smug jerk
This is exactly how I feel when I play a game. If I don't find it fun, then it doesn't matter how iconic the characters are, how good the gameplay is, how awesome the storyplot is written, how beautiful the graphics are. I am not buying a game, because I am a devoted fan to a series or genre, I buy it if I think it is fun. That is the one and most important thing to me.
It doesn't mean I don't care about graphics, gameplay, characters or stories, it just means that I play to have fun and if I do not find the game fun, then I am not going to buy it.
Dito, it's as simple as that. That's why I recently played and replayed Enslaved for the first time. It looked fun (also, it was cheap), it was fun, end of story.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
Dudes, I think everything should be top notch, it is like human body, even if your brain i the most important organ you have, you can't do **** if your limbs are cut off... :cool:

Tiran

The great pretender.
An idea I've come up with. You have 100 points to designate to each of the following five categories to signify how much you value the importance of each with regard to this new DMC. The categories are relatively vague but please use your own interpretations to the meaning of each when distributing your points.

The sections are:

Gameplay (How enjoyable the actual playing of the game is)
Lastability (Regardless of gameplay, how long can the game keep you hooked)
Graphics (The visuals within the game, render time and fluidity alongside f/s may be taken into consideration)
Sound (Both quality and chosen effects/music.
Story (Both overall, and how it flows from level to level)

Use your 100 points wisely

Lastability (Regardless of gameplay, how long can the game keep you hooked)

How can I be hooked 'regardless' of game-play? If the game-play is addictive, I'm hooked. So, that's irrelevant... Unless you prefer story over game-play. (something NT has excelled at in the past)

Game-play= 40 %
Graphics= 20%
Sound=10
Story= (it's ninja theory) 30%

Nessy

Dito, it's as simple as that. That's why I recently played and replayed Enslaved for the first time. It looked fun (also, it was cheap), it was fun, end of story.

The whole idea is to state what makes a game fun for you then. I don't think that you can have a fun game with no redeeming factors.

ReRave

smug jerk
The whole idea is to state what makes a game fun for you then. I don't think that you can have a fun game with no redeeming factors.
I think I can have fun without trying to categorize and evaluate all kinds of aspects of a game. Nothing against this thread, but I don't feel like the listed criteria are all there is to a game.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I think I can have fun without trying to categorize and evaluate all kinds of aspects of a game. Nothing against this thread, but I don't feel like the listed criteria are all there is to a game.
Totally agree.

Nessy

Obviously you can't categorise a game that simply, feel free to state what other aspects of a game you find important.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Gameplay 50% [This makes the core of a game]

Story 20% [length of the story should be parallel to the gameplay it also depends on which genre the game belongs because many games do not need any story at all like tekken ]

BGM 10% [Solid BGM suiting the vibe of the game is what you need in DMC or any other game for instance usually has very repetitive tracks but it ROCKS !]

Graphics/Visuals 10% [ Again i don't think graphics matters that much its just a contributing factor ask people who used to play like snes and Genesis seriously i can say that metal slug is better than any Call of duty game ]

Replay value10% [ If the game is all fun to play even 10% of replay value is more than enough hell i find myself playing a game which has almost no replay value again and again] for ex : metal slug 2 i don't know why i play this again and again even now when i have a gaming pc i still play metal slug on my psp just can't get enough of it !

a flow chart is the best way to represent but i don't time sorry

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Lastability isn't really a word and describes two different concepts (length(the amount of time it takes to beat the game once) and replay value(the number of times you can beat the game before running out of things to do) so i will instead be rating those two concepts.
Gameplay:40
Story:25
Graphics:5
Sound:5
Length:5
Replay Value:20

gameplay is the most important thing in a series like Devil May Cry and Story is more important than most other features.
graphics and sound are minor details
Devil May Cry games have always been short games with high replay value so the length doesn't matter but replay value is important.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Gameplay: 50%
Lastability:0% I rather play a game that's great fun than play it all the time and kill myself of constant playing. Plus if the gameplay and story is good then i will still get hooked enough to play it again in future :)

Graphics: 5%
Sound: 10%
Story: 35%.

Nessy

Lastability isn't really a word and describes two different concepts (length(the amount of time it takes to beat the game once) and replay value(the number of times you can beat the game before running out of things to do) so i will instead be rating those two concepts.

I had also considered that when I made the thread.

Do you consider going through the 3 difficulties as being a part of length or replayability?

Top Bottom