• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Aspects of this game are important to you?

Nessy

An idea I've come up with. You have 100 points to designate to each of the following five categories to signify how much you value the importance of each with regard to this new DMC. The categories are relatively vague but please use your own interpretations to the meaning of each when distributing your points.

The sections are:

Gameplay (How enjoyable the actual playing of the game is)
Lastability (Regardless of gameplay, how long can the game keep you hooked)
Graphics (The visuals within the game, render time and fluidity alongside f/s may be taken into consideration)
Sound (Both quality and chosen effects/music.
Story (Both overall, and how it flows from level to level)

Use your 100 points wisely

Nessy

Gameplay: 65
Lastability: 25
Sound: 1
Graphics: 5
Story: 4

As long as the graphics are near dmc4 level i'll be happy. As long as they don't make Dante's character awful i'll be happy. As long as the sound aren't 4bit i'll be happy. Gameplay is a big deal to me. I need tons of difficulty and a game in which you can't just become as good as everyone else is in a few hours. And I need the game to be able to keep me enthralled for long enough instead of feeling boring and grindy.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Gameplay: 30
Lastability: 20
Graphics: 10
Sound: 20
Story: 20

As long as the gameplay is fun,the story is worth telling,the sound or music is worth listening and a game that have a high replay value.

Graphics is not such a big deal.

Nelo_Vergil

story: for obvious reasons see DMC2-4.
graphics&sound: the better the graphics all around the more noticable sound becomes after al who doesn't want to hear a demon when he gets ripped him half.
gameplay: this isn't as important as most people would to think in a series considering the first game is always sort of the conept. if the concept works you build on it, hence why i said it's not so important in a series. If nots not then you continue the story and revamp the gameplay.
replability: see DMC4 was probably the worst in the case. The game needs to have content! if the story is good and the graphics are bearable as well as some good sounds and fun deep gameplay, or in a weird case none of that happens or just some of it. A game needs to have more things to keep the consumer coming back for more. Things like extra modes,alt costumes,secret missions,dlc, or online play in most games . It has to have something that keeps people interested enough to keep coming back.
lastablity (taken for sieghart :p): common now there should be a decent amount of missions more then just the 25 or so DMC4 had and each should be be long enough to keep people playing for awhile.

With the exception of gameplay i beilive everything should be treated equal it has to last long,keep me coming,have a beautiful yet freaky art sytle and said style must be presented well in the graphics,and the story must be deep with minimal plot holes to keep the series as a whole moving in one direction, not one step forward two steps back >.> im looking at you DMC2-4.

on a side note wouldn't it be great if they had a mode in the game where you could face any of the bosses on any mode, that you've currently beaten:troll:.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Ok so I hope everything is 100 % or better. Gameplay needs to be top notch and they story needs to be better than dmc2. I hope the sound is awesome because I think the visuals and sound must come together or it just feels weird. As for REPLAY as long as I can get my ass kicked on hard I'll be fine.

So... everything should be 100 points or higher

Nessy

story: for obvious reasons see DMC2-4.
graphics&sound: the better the graphics all around the more noticable sound becomes after al who doesn't want to hear a demon when he gets ripped him half.
gameplay: this isn't as important as most people would to think in a series considering the first game is always sort of the conept. if the concept works you build on it, hence why i said it's not so important in a series. If nots not then you continue the story and revamp the gameplay.
replability: see DMC4 was probably the worst in the case. The game needs to have content! if the story is good and the graphics are bearable as well as some good sounds and fun deep gameplay, or in a weird case none of that happens or just some of it. A game needs to have more things to keep the consumer coming back for more. Things like extra modes,alt costumes,secret missions,dlc, or online play in most games . It has to have something that keeps people interested enough to keep coming back.
lastablity (taken for sieghart :p): common now there should be a decent amount of missions more then just the 25 or so DMC4 had and each should be be long enough to keep people playing for awhile.

With the exception of gameplay i beilive everything should be treated equal it has to last long,keep me coming,have a beautiful yet freaky art sytle and said style must be presented well in the graphics,and the story must be deep with minimal plot holes to keep the series as a whole moving in one direction, not one step forward two steps back >.> im looking at you DMC2-4.

on a side note wouldn't it be great if they had a mode in the game where you could face any of the bosses on any mode, that you've currently beaten:troll:.

You think gameplay is the least important?

Nelo_Vergil

yes >.> if it isn't shallow it can be improved. see messing up the story would mess up the whole plot. messing up the graphics well that depends on who it was presented. Bad sounds can get annoying. Also im pretty sure no one can agure replablility and longability. But i will admit gameplay add to those more so then anything else.

But the first game in a series, if it ends up being just that, is like a concept if the gameplays not very shallow, accessible, and smooth then in the next iteration they can improve it. What i'm trying to say is that gameplay IS important just not AS important as people would like to think when compared to something like story. Though DMC games have always had good graphics so i'd put gameplay on the same level as graphics but still under the last two things.

Nelo_Vergil

yes >.> if it isn't shallow it can be improved. see messing up the story would mess up the whole plot. messing up the graphics well that depends on who it was presented. Bad sounds can get annoying. Also im pretty sure no one can agure replablility and longability. But i will admit gameplay add to those more so then anything else.

But the first game in a series, if it ends up being just that, is like a concept if the gameplays not very shallow, accessible, and smooth then in the next iteration they can improve it. What i'm trying to say is that gameplay IS important just not AS important as people would like to think when compared to something like story. Though DMC games have always had good graphics so i'd put gameplay on the same level as graphics but still under the last two things.

Nessy

I've played many excellent games without any story, without any graphics, without any sound, and with a lastability of under 10 hours.

I don't think I've ever played an excellent game with bad gameplay.

Senpai

You got Ninja Theory in my Dmc
Gameplay: 50
Story: 50
Graphics: If I cared about looks I wouldn't have bought the hd collection:D
lastablity: It's Dmc I could play it forever
Sound: Hardcore Industrial Metal/Techno(Or whatever it's called) ftw!

Andrew Brown

Gameplay: 50
Story: 50
Graphics: If I cared about looks I wouldn't have bought the hd collection:D
lastablity: It's Dmc I could play it forever
Sound: Hardcore Industrial Metal/Techno(Or whatever it's called) ftw!

So you wouldn't mind if the game was CLI based with no sound and only 1 level with 1 type of enemy?

Gameplay: 55
Lastability: 30
Graphics: 5
Story: 5
Sound: 5

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
Gameplay: Over 9000!

Sorry got little carried away there, so here's my take

Gameplay: 75
Lastability: 10
Story: 10