• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where is Vergil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Dont worry about Vergil. Hes in hell with his father. As he said at the end of DMC3. Though, I hope hes alive.

Mobfigurz

Now, interesting thought.

Sparda died in the Human world, but would his 'being' go to Hell after his Death, I think not, rather he would be in Heaven for his selfless act in defence of Humanity, regardless of being a Devil himself.
So is Sparda home in Hell, no, for one his existence has expired, he met his death and nobody can forestall the coming of the Reaper, so it remains, Sparda is as dead as possible, where he is now in Soul/Spirit is a mystery, but I would venture to say that he is in Heaven.

Vergil, it is unknown where he is, from last we saw in the storyline, he just vanished in a blaze of lights and fireworks, but we never saw his body again as either Nelo or Vergil and since DMC4 follows DMC1, it would be wise to say Vergil is alive in some form, but where he is, no one could tell you for sure, but many theories exist.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
He died in DMC1 for sure.
But since he was a success in DMC3 I wouldn't be surprised if they invented some sort of story to revive him in the series. So we don't know where he is..

Mobfigurz

We didnt actually see Nelo die in DMC1, all I saw was Nelo/Vergil grasp his head as previously seen when they first fight, and that seems to be the doing of Mundus, for failing to defeat Dante.
Then he rises up in the air, and with a showboating display, vanishes, no trace left of him.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I don't see why Mundus would interfere..
But Dante not thinking any more about Vergil and feeling bad about killing his brother is what makes me think that he could still exist somewhere..

Mobfigurz

Tony_Redgrave;50716 said:
I don't see why Mundus would interfere..
But Dante not thinking any more about Vergil and feeling bad about killing his brother is what makes me think that he could still exist somewhere..

If I remember correctly, after the Final "Dante Vs Nelo" battle, Nelo holds his head, in the exact same manner he held his head previously when he saw the Amulet around Dante's neck and thus refrained from fighting with him, so according to that I would assume it was Mundus again who caused Nelo to hold his head in agony after the defeat to Dante.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
As a fan, deep down, I hope Vergil isn't completely gone forever. Sadly, I can't see how he'll fit into 4 unless he has some relation to Nero's case... but I doubt it. Knowing capcom and how clever they can be, i'm sure good ol' Vergil will be at least mentioned.

Demon

The Bat Of Love
i hope he is in DMC4 because i like him more than i do Dante. i have a feeling hes in number 4 i think if you search on google DMC4 theres a website that says somthing about vergil ill try find it for you all brb :p

*sigh* i carnt find it but take my word for it, it said somthing like they arnt going to say anything about vergil in this moment in time, im positive ive seen it!

maverick7

vergil may come back in DMC4. in DMC1, he just disappeared in the third fight. cause i doubt that Vergil can be get rid of that easily.

Chrysander

Mobfigurz;50710 said:
We didnt actually see Nelo die in DMC1, all I saw was Nelo/Vergil grasp his head as previously seen when they first fight, and that seems to be the doing of Mundus, for failing to defeat Dante.
Then he rises up in the air, and with a showboating display, vanishes, no trace left of him.
I agree that it's not 100% confirmation that he "died". I assume that at the time, it was intended that he was dead, but it's easy for them to get out of it, given that you don't see a dead body or anything. Even so, he can come back, even if he is meant to be dead.

Zato-OW

King
well there has been talk about the new trailer at the pre-tgs that shows alot of returning characters from the previous dmc games that includes lady vergil and trish(although it didnt say it was trish,but it gave out the features of trish so im guessing it was). This was shown in Japan a few days ago, not alot of info on it yet but it was said the trailer was over 10 mins long with showing mostly gameplay of dmc4. but it was comfirmed that Lady IS in dmc4 vergil and trish is still a idk thing but like i said they where giving details about them both and it sounds like they were talking about them two.

Zato-OW

King
the trailer isnt out, like i said ppl was talking about it and i thought i should share this info with you ppl, im sure the trailer will be out when tgs comes but this was shown at the pre-tgs so there isnt a trailer out for the public. But a few ppl who said they attended the Pre-TGS says the same thing about what they seen while they where there, ill find a link for it so you all can read up on it.
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8378909&publicUserId=1002411
this is a link from one of the guys who attended the pre-tgs where he talks about some of what he seen

Chrysander

Thanks, hopefully that'll be uploaded somewhere soon. Although I doubt I'll be happy to play as Gloria or whatever her name is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom