• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

When is it no longer "just a game?"

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;291181 said:
I knew both people in the matchup, if that helps. One was a total asshat jock and the other was a fairly innocent normal kid. It was the most one-sided fight I've ever seen.

Then you did right in stopping the fight.

If it is two people duking out against each others for certain reasons then I would advice to let it be. They have their reasons and meddling would do nothing but cause trouble to you as well. :\

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
^^^ Agreed, I have a theory that these kids that have been "desensitized" to violence were more than likely not very sensitive to it in the first place...Idk maybe that's just me.

moseslmpg

wallE156;291193 said:
^^^ Agreed, I have a theory that these kids that have been "desensitized" to violence were more than likely not very sensitive to it in the first place...Idk maybe that's just me.
That's fallacious. What evidence do you have for this "theory?" Being desensitized to violence is different than being a violent person or enjoying violence. All of us gamers are desensitized to violence to such a significant degree that older people would find it totally shocking. It is not just games though, it is movies and TV as well.

I doubt that anyone can be born insensitive to violence, although it might be a trait of psychopathy, which is very rare.

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
moseslmpg;291412 said:
That's fallacious. What evidence do you have for this "theory?" Being desensitized to violence is different than being a violent person or enjoying violence. All of us gamers are desensitized to violence to such a significant degree that older people would find it totally shocking. It is not just games though, it is movies and TV as well.

I doubt that anyone can be born insensitive to violence, although it might be a trait of psychopathy, which is very rare.
What evidence do you have that "ALL" gamers are desensitized to violence? That's a pretty big assumption, wouldn't you agree? I guarantee you that not all gamers are desensitized to violence. Several people on this forum already stated that they aren't, myself included. And I don't have any hard evidence to back up my theory. But it's just a theory, a contemplation. Notice that I didn't say fact or hypothesis. That's my theory because I don't believe in desensitization, personally. And sure people can be born insensitive to violence, some call it being mentally ill(I hate that term...).

Top Bottom