• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What will happen to the devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Dante He has already defeated hundres of demons and killed the kings of chaos already and you know that wen you kill a king you get his kingdom

Trish shes geting old and the and i thing she likes more Dante that those Clothes that as been bearing from the last 10 years

Vergil he is lost from the same 10 years that trish is using those clothes Last thing ve know frond him is a falling jewel falling from the skyand a explosion

Nero no one know whos is the father of this guy some say Vergil Some Sparda some Dante well i dont know who is but he maybe is already a granfather because maybe nero has a baby with kirye

Sparda in all games or be use his power or some demon is tryng to get them so what do you thinghes is still alive ? i and questioning this because he has enough power to revive Eva and give to the family another restart but a good one

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Story-wise, I think they should focus more on Nero finding out about his past and origins. Although I'm a Dante fan, i gotta admit he hasn't too much to add except living in his office and waiting for something to happen. Its a pitty cause such great character as dante deserves a huge and great story, well its Capcom's fault.

I hate Trish so badly that if I had to make the next DMC, she would die. Thanks to that, dante would get p1ssed, awaken his Majin DT, realize how his life was meaningless and finally, become a little more serious (not too much though)man.
Vergil: I like his style a lot, but I dont think he has a reason to return, which is kinda sad.
Sparda: adding him as a playable character in the story would ruin that "legendary mysterious knight" image we have about him.
Well, thats what I think...

Sparda™

Here's a small analysis...

Dante - This character has so many ways to be used in the storyline, and still Capcom hasn't bothered to integrate a more serious approach. After all Dante has been through, in DMC4 - which chronologically corresponds to be after DMC1 - his humorous and arrogant nature has still the upper color in his personality. One would jump out of his seat and shout 'What about Devil May Cry 2?'. Here I say that Capcom is getting away with a justification such as setting Devil May Cry 2 so far in the future, making Dante, a basically used character in the series. Now, It's time to end It with his future in the franchise - unknown as we speak.

The Son of Sparda has served most of his purpose, and although being the trademark of Devil May Cry, he already did a step backwards in Devil May Cry 4 when Nero was introduced. I guess Capcom is testing the reaction of fans towards such approach to them. Probably Devil May Cry 5 won't have Dante at all. But in the end, when you'll read this, the future paragraph is just speculation, so don't get hopes up or down.

Vergil - On the contrary of most fan speculation or so-called, 'confirmed facts', I believe he's the key to revive the series' main plot - that is what triggered him and Dante to shape their personalities - the death of their mother and the disappearance of Sparda - the latter not being of such a big influence.

Looking at the name Vergil and next to It, 'confirmed facts', we understand that nothing is really confirmed about him, except for what is written, shown and said in Devil May Cry 3. We all know the huge contradictions with Devil May Cry 1 It has. If I were you (generally-speaking), I wouldn't literally take 100% of what's said and shown in the cutscenes of the original game as canon. For as much as I know, Vergil could be trapped in the Underworld or just a silent observer of the events.
I count a lot on his return and I wholeheartedly agree on having him as the one who would narrate the other side of the coin for who knows how many years.

Nero - At first glance, had a repulsive opinion on him. Thought he'd be just something Capcom had invented in order to clone a DMC3-ish Dante with a mix of Vergil's and cherry Sparda on top - which he really is right now - get the contradiction?! Doing some short readings and most importantly, after playing with him through the entire game, made my opinion change from black to white - huge contrast.

All fans went nuts after the Vergil theory, and as of late, most have accepted It after a so-called member of the Capcom Unity staff revealed info about the Alpha stages of the Devil May Cry 4 game. But, If you really want to have a clear and personal judgment on who Nero is, you will probably have to take a look at the colors which surround him - red and blue - colors which united make the purplish color which Sparda is best-known of. Let alone the hints of Sanctus, his personality (Dante+Vergil=Sparda), and last but not least, him having a love interest, reminiscent of Sparda's love for Eva. I foresee Nero as the one who will lead the Devil-Hunting business, in his own way and at his own location - at Fortuna. I don't see him as Dante's direct successor, but more to as a fresh addition and a plus. It would be interesting to see an actual preview of the three Sons of Sparda. That's enough for Nero.

Sparda - The Legendary Dark Knight, Savior and Guardian of the Human World. 'There's much confusion surrounding him.' - were the words of Dante. The most mysterious figure in the series. Where is he? Is he trapped in the Underworld with Vergil, or does he have a plan to come back. Would he really hide all these years after his beloved one's death and their sons' hard childhood passing in front of him just like that, or did he have a really good reason to do so. I can ask literally 3,564,123 questions about Sparda. So, by saying that, I'll skip to the future part. It would be an interesting twist of events have him appear. I dunno how it will be made or will It be any good. Watching how the series went downfall in terms of storyline with Devil May Cry 4, I can see him used as a Desperation Devil Trigger, only this time, to save the storyline for being totally torn apart.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Sparda™;186377 said:
Here's a small analysis...

Dante - This character has so many ways to be used in the storyline, and still Capcom hasn't bothered to integrate a more serious approach. After all Dante has been through, in DMC4 - which chronologically corresponds to be after DMC1 - his humorous and arrogant nature has still the upper color in his personality. One would jump out of his seat and shout 'What about Devil May Cry 2?'. Here I say that Capcom is getting away with a justification such as setting Devil May Cry 2 so far in the future, making Dante, a basically used character in the series. Now, It's time to end It with his future in the franchise - unknown as we speak.

The Son of Sparda has served most of his purpose, and although being the trademark of Devil May Cry, he already did a step backwards in Devil May Cry 4 when Nero was introduced. I guess Capcom is testing the reaction of fans towards such approach to them. Probably Devil May Cry 5 won't have Dante at all. But in the end, when you'll read this, the future paragraph is just speculation, so don't get hopes up or down.

Vergil - On the contrary of most fan speculation or so-called, 'confirmed facts', I believe he's the key to revive the series' main plot - that is what triggered him and Dante to shape their personalities - the death of their mother and the disappearance of Sparda - the latter not being of such a big influence.

Looking at the name Vergil and next to It, 'confirmed facts', we understand that nothing is really confirmed about him, except for what is written, shown and said in Devil May Cry 3. We all know the huge contradictions with Devil May Cry 1 It has. If I were you (generally-speaking), I wouldn't literally take 100% of what's said and shown in the cutscenes of the original game as canon. For as much as I know, Vergil could be trapped in the Underworld or just a silent observer of the events.
I count a lot on his return and I wholeheartedly agree on having him as the one who would narrate the other side of the coin for who knows how many years.

Nero - At first glance, had a repulsive opinion on him. Thought he'd be just something Capcom had invented in order to clone a DMC3-ish Dante with a mix of Vergil's and cherry Sparda on top - which he really is right now - get the contradiction?! Doing some short readings and most importantly, after playing with him through the entire game, made my opinion change from black to white - huge contrast.

All fans went nuts after the Vergil theory, and as of late, most have accepted It after a so-called member of the Capcom Unity staff revealed info about the Alpha stages of the Devil May Cry 4 game. But, If you really want to have a clear and personal judgment on who Nero is, you will probably have to take a look at the colors which surround him - red and blue - colors which united make the purplish color which Sparda is best-known of. Let alone the hints of Sanctus, his personality (Dante+Vergil=Sparda), and last but not least, him having a love interest, reminiscent of Sparda's love for Eva. I foresee Nero as the one who will lead the Devil-Hunting business, in his own way and at his own location - at Fortuna. I don't see him as Dante's direct successor, but more to as a fresh addition and a plus. It would be interesting to see an actual preview of the three Sons of Sparda. That's enough for Nero.

Sparda - The Legendary Dark Knight, Savior and Guardian of the Human World. 'There's much confusion surrounding him.' - were the words of Dante. The most mysterious figure in the series. Where is he? Is he trapped in the Underworld with Vergil, or does he have a plan to come back. Would he really hide all these years after his beloved one's death and their sons' hard childhood passing in front of him just like that, or did he have a really good reason to do so. I can ask literally 3,564,123 questions about Sparda. So, by saying that, I'll skip to the future part. It would be an interesting twist of events have him appear. I dunno how it will be made or will It be any good. Watching how the series went downfall in terms of storyline with Devil May Cry 4, I can see him used as a Desperation Devil Trigger, only this time, to save the storyline for being totally torn apart.

Interesting stuff, I agree about Dante but just one thing about Sparda. During his intro wasn't it said that
"He quietly reigned the human world and continued to preserve harmony, until his death"

With his power trapped in the demon world did Sparda become a half blood like his sons? I always took from DMC3 that after he sealed away the demons he pretty much became human (or like Dante before his awakening) and as a human he wasn't going to last forever. I thought that was the whole point, the sacrifice he made.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;186595 said:
Interesting stuff, I agree about Dante but just one thing about Sparda. During his intro wasn't it said that
"He quietly reigned the human world and continued to preserve harmony, until his death"

I'm glad you agree on my points about Dante.
About Sparda - I wouldn't count so much about Devil May Cry's info and scenes shown there as much of It contradicts the story which was added later, thus making the game in terms of storyline highly-doubted-to-be-100%-correct.

darth_angelo45;186595 said:
With his power trapped in the demon world did Sparda become a half blood like his sons? I always took from DMC3 that after he sealed away the demons he pretty much became human (or like Dante before his awakening) and as a human he wasn't going to last forever. I thought that was the whole point, the sacrifice he made.

Yes in fact. With his lion share of abilities trapped in Hell, he basically became a half-breed in terms of power, not on genetic ones. The Amulet granted him the power to become a demon, a Devil Trigger basically, for a short period of time.

In another thread, I explained the aging process of demons and half-breeds. Sparda, although half of his power taken from him, he still is a demon, genetically-speaking. It's impossible he died of old age, so this takes to another path, the one of him being trapped somewhere - probably a dimension of the Underworld - as It has many.

Or, him, for obvious and unknown reasons at the same time, is playing the role of a silent observer - waiting for the right moment to appear. We do know that after Arkham pulled the Force Edge, the ultimate seal broke. After Mundus' defeat at the end of Devil May Cry, Dante has Sparda Sword at ultimate form. This could be interesting, as in Sparda himself would appear to wield his beloved Sword once again.

There are so many possibilities to hint at his return.

Zato-OW

King
People seem to forget that Dante beat Mundus with Sparda's power. He didn't do it on his own. Hes still in his fathers shadow from what I can tell. Also there are beings in Hell that are stronger then Dante. Vergil on the other hand(which was stated to be dead.), When Dante explained the orgins of the Yamato to Nero he talked as if Vergil was dead and then at the end of the game he gave the sword to Nero. Now that right there says it all.

Now I am one to believe Sparda is dead and never coming back. Vergil has a good chance at revival but Sparda has none in my eyes. If he hasn't shown his face now after all that's been going on then I'm sure he's not coming back into the picture. His power floating around in evil humans hands, his wife was killed on Mundus's order, his first born was killed by Mundus then turned into a slave, Dante was almost killed by Mundus, Nero shows up out of nowhere, The Savior which is a project Sparda started was finished and used for evil acts and the list goes on and on... All of this connects around Sparda.

Now I think DMC5 should be fully dedicated to Nero and his origins and him making a name for himself. Which I found out in Deadly Fortune part 2 that came out a month or so ago that Nero is the Emperor/Leader(w/e you want to call it.) of Fortuna now and they hunt devils world wide. It also claims his DB stopped growing and hes learning how to fully control it. Except he still hear the voices in his head calling for power. But anyway that's just someone else feedback from the Novel. I also read that the man that Sanctus met in the Novel was actually Sparda and not Vergil. As we assumed it was Vergil we forgot that Sparda wielded the Yamato first. This was before he "died" of course and passed the sword down to Vergil.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;186613 said:
People seem to forget that Dante beat Mundus with Sparda's power. He didn't do it on his own. Hes still in his fathers shadow from what I can tell. Also there are beings in Hell that are stronger then Dante. Vergil on the other hand(which was stated to be dead.), When Dante explained the orgins of the Yamato to Nero he talked as if Vergil was dead and then at the end of the game he gave the sword to Nero. Now that right there says it all.

I agree on the first part. Unlike most fans would think, Dante is still out of Sparda's league. Because Dante thinks Vergil died. An explosion and boom, he never appeared again, but I really think that If someone would really mention one's death wouldn't come round and round but say It straight up.

Zato-OW;186613 said:
Now I am one to believe Sparda is dead and never coming back. Vergil has a good chance at revival but Sparda has none in my eyes. If he hasn't shown his face now after all that's been going on then I'm sure he's not coming back into the picture. His power floating around in evil humans hands, his wife was killed on Mundus's order, his first born was killed by Mundus then turned into a slave, Dante was almost killed by Mundus, Nero shows up out of nowhere, The Savior which is a project Sparda started was finished and used for evil acts and the list goes on and on... All of this connects around Sparda.

Who knows what happened to him. The info added later in the series makes It unclear If he's coming back or not.

Zato-OW;186613 said:
Now I think DMC5 should be fully dedicated to Nero and his origins and him making a name for himself. Which I found out in Deadly Fortune part 2 that came out a month or so ago that Nero is the Emperor/Leader(w/e you want to call it.) of Fortuna now and they hunt devils world wide. It also claims his DB stopped growing and hes learning how to fully control it. Except he still hear the voices in his head calling for power. But anyway that's just someone else feedback from the Novel. I also read that the man that Sanctus met in the Novel was actually Sparda and not Vergil. As we assumed it was Vergil we forgot that Sparda wielded the Yamato first. This was before he "died" of course and passed the sword down to Vergil.

Yeah, I always thought Vergil was thrown there just to mislead fans. Always supported the fact of Sparda being Nero's father.

Darth Angelo

Sparda™;186607 said:
I'm glad you agree on my points about Dante.
About Sparda - I wouldn't count so much about Devil May Cry's info and scenes shown there as much of It contradicts the story which was added later, thus making the game in terms of storyline highly-doubted-to-be-100%-correct.

:O Thats like saying that A New Hope contradicts Clone Wars so episode IV should not be taken too seriously.
Regardless of the success they made from later games, they are building this story and it's chacacters on DMC1 that was the foundation of the whole series, if they have opened up too many tangents and are not good enough developers to tie them up then they shoudn't be at the helm. Start again without Dante (which might be the direction they are heading in).

Finding obscure blind spots to change the story (Vergil returning) is one thing.
But they need to understand that if anything they contradicted 1 (and 2 kind of) not the other way around.

Darth Angelo

Sparda™;186616 said:
They built everything from DMC1, but they're disregarding It.

Did they make some sort of announcement? or are they not telling us and hoping we won't notice?
The fact that they are continuing the chronology with 2, 3 and 4 gave me the impression that nothing has changed.
Why wasn't DMC2 called "Devil May mime 1"?

You either start again or you don't start again, anything in the middle and they are just going to end up with one big mess....kind of like they have right now..:unsure:

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
If you are talking of who is coming back then star talking about it for example in Dmc5 we will see Another time argosax or santucs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom