• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What we already know? Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
5062607133_19207af1b3_b.jpg

5062668383_281d4abc52_b.jpg

Thats probaly illegal:lol:
And its probably stuff we already know.
I didn't think Dante was annoying (then again, i do have two childish parents to put up with).
Can't think what magazine i got it out from.

Betrayal eh? Well, its either something to do with Vergil... or Dante now has another newly invented brother (or sister).
(Well it is possible seeing that it is a reboot, that Dante could have more siblings.)

fon

Crazy Chick
There were only a few cutscenes that were awkward to watch in the original games :rolleyes:

But I like this article.
Where did you find it? :eek:

Vergil'sB*tch;280910 said:
Betrayal eh? Well, its either something to do with Vergil... or Dante now has another newly invented brother (or sister).
(Well it is possible seeing that it is a reboot, that Dante could have more siblings.)

I don't think the reboot would do that. Giving him a sister...would annoy me (and maybe others) :-/
They need to make a good story while not completely ignoring the previous games. There are only "Sons" of Sparda, not "Children" Dx

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
It was in a magazine (chances are, if i put the name of the magazine, i maybe sued... okay for fear of being flamed, it is from Play gamer. A uk ps MAG), i took pictures of the writing/article and put them together on Paint .net
:lol:

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Gaaaaahhh! NO NO NO NO NO, Dante did not need a makeover he was fine. There was nothing wrong with Dante, other than he needed a more stable story line and game producers that know what the hell they're doing...And some more screen time in part 4.

Asmodaius

Vergilissexy;280951 said:
Gaaaaahhh! NO NO NO NO NO, Dante did not need a makeover he was fine. There was nothing wrong with Dante, other than he needed a more stable story line and game producers that know what the hell they're doing...And some more screen time in part 4.

Well, he didn't. Instead he got the make-over. A fresh start. A reboot.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I've loved Dante for years and I loved him in DMC4, but some of the scenes were just stupid and he wasn't as bad- ass as he could have been. I know DMC games have always been a little cheesy, but I really do agree with the first paragraph of this article. He needed a tiny make- over. I'm devastated they've took it was far as Zombie DINO ( my new name for him). To keep me happy I'm just gonna keep watching the first Dante scene in DMC4 over and over again :wub:

Edit 'cuz I've thought of something else - VB I think it's ok to scan stuff from magazines, but the worst thing you can do is not credit them. I would say where the article was from, what issue and what page. I sorta got this drummed into me at uni - if you take someone elses work, as long as you say where it's from there shouldn't be a problem. A lot of people use my photos from Flickr and as long as they credit me correctly I don't mind. Does that make sense, then if anyone wants to find the issue they can - your promoting it, which is always good.

Now back to the Dante love :wub: I like this article, thanks for sharing it. For the first time it made me actually think that the story for the new DmC might be quite interesting - it's taken me a while to get over the shock lol. :D

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Vergilissexy;280951 said:

i totally agree with u

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Maybe not a visable make over in looks - White hair, red coat blah, blah, blah, but does anyone agree that he was becoming a bit of a joke in the 4th game and a bad-ass make over is needed? Dunno if I'm even making sense?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I thought Dante was a bit more Mature in DMC4...
then again, i haven't played on DMC4 in aaaaages.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Definitely more mature than 3, but he was quite chilled and having a good time I want emotion and torture!!! - like crying at the end of the 3rd game. Lol I'm sorry I'm gonna shut up now, I'm making no sense.

*goes and sits in the corner*

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I think it's safe to say none of us would even be here if Dante really was a 'fop in a long coat' with no redeeming features. We'd have never got through the games. Pft.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the biggest problem of devil may cry is that it never had one team sticking with it for the long-run so it had no direction and that was the only thing keeping the series back.
so in a way the reboot might be a blessing because if ninja theory sticks with the series they probably have a direction for it because they are pretty good with storytelling.
Dante didnt need a makeover but he could have used a new wardrobe.

veg-G

Mmm-hmm.....so what were we talking about again?
a conceited dude wrote this article.......they don't speak for all the fans.....because if they were in the same room with some of those fans.....there would be a blood bath.

i liked dante as he is/was.

the ones who wrote the article are just conceited people who thinks lowly of dmc and have no sense of creativity. .....and most of the time those gaming magazines have nothing but the writer's opinion in them.
their gameplay reviews don't help much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom