• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What style should I use when I replay the game on hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wearygigapet

So, I have the Special Edition version of the game. Recently, I have finished beating the game on normal for the first time, after some difficulty on some of the boss battles (namely Nevan and Vergil 3). During the playthrough, I used the Swordmaster style, which may or may not have been advantageous. I am planning to replay the game (as Dante) on hard. Which style should I use?

Thanks.

:)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i would reccomend using what you are familer with. in this case swordmaster. there is no reason to change what works.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
There isn't really a style that fits all the missions... for me, I alternated between Trickster and Swordmaster in between missions. But what darkslayer13 said is right, if it ain't broke, why fix it? ;)

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Swordmaster I guess... although you should probably lvl up Royal guard all of the way and use it for bosses. Though you'd have to practice for timing of course.

for all of the levels and modes(easy,normal,hard,very hard,DMD) I only used Trickster.this is the best.

Meg

i'd say stick to swordmaster but you might want to try them all out in bloody palace first. its good to get the hang of all of them since different styles work best in different areas.

but most fo times u need to dodge and back to the first place fast, then I think just stick to trickster.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
shonan;215447 said:
but most fo times u need to dodge and back to the first place fast, then I think just stick to trickster.

im just going to make a wild guess and say you are a fan of the trickster style.

do try to remember that other people may be better at other styles. trickster is the best for you. but some others may do badly using it. i personally am best with swordmaster. ( actually i am best with quicksilver + infinite devil trigger ( aka. super dante) but that is very hard for anyone to fail while using ( and is normaly unavlible due to the fact that DT is usually limited to keep things from getting too easy) so it dosn't count ).

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Well like the others said dude, stick with what you know. I myself am a Gunslinger, and although it's not very useful in all situations I royally fail when I try other styles. The style you are most familiar with will be the most effective ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I use Swordmaster the most. Gunslinger doesn't deal enough damage, and I'm crap with Trickster and Royal Guard. I'm one of those "get in your face and never let up" type guys.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Well for me of course, as everyone knows, I am a royal guard kinda guy. It was the first style i used, and I for some reason have always been a defensive dmc player. I like the block & charge abilities the best and they are crazy powerful.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
any as long as u have mastered it try master them all and u can change

but for me i say swordmaster my moto is "go in and take the pain"that says it all i'd rather go in and kill em then stand at the edge of the room and shoot or do fancy tricks

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
^ That's actually why I like Gunslinger. I have a very short attention span, so I love that I can do all sorts of fancy tricks with Dante :lol:

If I was using my brain I'd be Swordmaster

Wearygigapet

Thanks for all the help guys/gals. I went by the original advice and used Swordmaster, like I did on Normal mode, and I beat the game with ease. Hard mode really didn't seem all that more difficult; I actually only died twice on it (whilst I died maybe a dozen times on Normal). Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom