• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What other publisher can take over the DmC series?

GF9000000Returns

Hey guys! Long time no talk.

Well, as most of us know, as much as Capcom said the sales were solid they also b!tched about the excessive outsourcing and this and that. So I've been thinking if Capcom officially gives up on the DMC license becuz they messed up(starting with DMC4 they jumped the shark), what other publisher would take over.

IMO, I say either Warner Bros or Ubisoft. Either one of them can work with Ninja Theory with the adventure parts of the game while NT would work on the gameplay more. What about you guys?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Capcom can keep DmC, a crappy modern direction for a crappy modern company.
DMC however needs to go someplace where there is appreciation and passion for fast paced, challenging and stylish action games, Platinum is the best place considering DMCs creator is there.

Warner Bros and Ubisoft are terrible places, who the hell wants a DMC game full of bugs that the publisher won't fix because they wanna focus on DLC or wants DMC to become a crappy dumbed down annual franchise?

IMO besides Platinum, DMC could go to Team Ninja as long as they take the Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 approach to it and make it challenging as hell and fun to play, pretty much any company that puts gameplay first can take a crack at Devil May Cry.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Team Ninja, huh? Then that means Tecmo-Koei! This is for DMC since Capcom messed it up as what the OP said and if Capcom threw the towel on it because of that.
A DMC game without turning it into a complete Ninja Gaiden clone? They'd better do it, please. But I don't want to see Dante copy some of Ryu Hayabusa's ninja moves like the Flying Swallow or the Izuna Drop; it just does not fit him; so let the Ultimate Ninja do that! I don't want to see a Dante that's a complete Hayabusa expy or demon hunter turned ninja who hunts Fiends.
Also, seeing NG Sigma 2's gameplay allowing Ryu to use both the equipped projectile weapon like the Fiend's Bane Bow and shurikens at the same time, how about seeing Dante wield both Ebony and Ivory and another equipped gun at the same time? For example, Dante wields both his pistols and a carbine battle rifle whose bullets are even more powerful than E&I's. I want something new once in a while.
Platinum can also do, provided Hideki Kamiya himself remembers DMC1, the game that started it all, but use DMC3 as a reference, not exactly making a copy+paste it entirely unlike DMC4 (as much as I find the Style-switching a cool feature for Dante there) IMHO. He may have used DMC4 as a reference for making Bayonetta, but I also don't want Dante to be like her, such as sucking on lolipops; let the Umbran Witch do that (I'm still not liking PG for their dick move changing the platform for Bayonetta 2 to only the Wii U)!

As for DmC, NT should not make it any crappier... Less bugs (there is no such thing as a bug-free or glitch-free software), not a DMC3 copy+paste gameplay (unlike DMC4) but must that game must be used as reference only, make the Dante there as cool as the original Dante (referring to DMC1 Dante) without being a copy+paste of him, bigger movesets, more weapons (meaning more normal melee weapons asides from Rebellion giving hints for more demon and angel weapons, and more guns), etc.
As for DmC's publisher, better leave it to a better publisher NT can trust if Capcom threw the towel on DmC too like DMC. This is only my guess IMHO, okay? But the publisher NT should trust for DmC should be 2K Games, publisher for the Bioshock series (theme of choice for the first two games and the possibility of parallel universes in Infinite).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't mid who takes over, as long as capcom keeps their hands off DmC since they'd never be able to pull off a proper sequel to it without adding an anime cliche or two. The only other groups I can see who could make a good sequel is either Team Ninja, Platinum games (sadly), or Suda 51 for some odd reason.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I don't mid who takes over, as long as capcom keeps their hands off DmC since they'd never be able to pull off a proper sequel to it without adding an anime cliche or two. The only other groups I can see who could make a good sequel is either Team Ninja, Platinum games (sadly), or Suda 51 for some odd reason.
Goichi Suda? Can he make DMC or DmC something akin to No More Heroes or even Lollipop Chainsaw?

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
I guess one scenario would be Sony picking it up, adding another game in their belt and bringing the DMC series back as a exclusive title.
In terms of devs; Ninja Theory already has a relationship with Sony, so that's first on the list.
But if not, then Platinum is the go-to, maybe Team Ninja or Sony Santa Monica.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
It was a good game, though i had feeling, they gave up on it in the end, because last couple of circles were rushed
That's true. I guess you could say it suffered from DMC4 syndrome, in which the development was rushed and the product's release wasn't complete. Because of that, the Dev Team wasn't able to implement as many plot and gameplay elements as they would've liked.

But just like DMC4's main writer released a manga expansion to cover what couldn't fit in the main game, Visceral Games is going to expand on what they couldn't include in the game...by adding it to the upcoming Dante's Inferno movie .

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
That's true. I guess you could say it suffered from DMC4 syndrome, in which the development was rushed and the product's release wasn't complete. Because of that, the Dev Team wasn't able to implement as many plot and gameplay elements as they would've liked.

But just like DMC4's main writer released a manga expansion to cover what couldn't fit in the main game, Visceral Games is going to expand on what they couldn't include in the game...by adding it to the upcoming Dante's Inferno movie .
Movie? I thought it was that animated movie :O Anyway, I rather wish for them to make new part of Dante's inferno with Purgatory and Paradise :D Only without giving up in the end :)

Top Bottom