• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What other game title would this game have?

GF9000000Returns

Since some of you guys don't think this deserves the "Devil May Cry" name. What would yall call it? Do you think it would've boost up the sales if this didn't have the DMC title?

Onecrazymonkey1

Personally I don't think it would have boosted the sales; people would just say it was a rip off of DMC. And it definitely deserves the devil may cry name because Capcom can do whatever they want with their game franchise (besides, to me it's still the same at it's core). I'm horrible at guessing other name ideas though so I'm not sure in that area.

Edit: never mind, I would name the game nephibion! Considering that Vergil and Dante should not really be called a Nephilim since that is the offspring of an Angel/human union. I just thought I would get creative and pull something out of my ass.
:troll:

Even if it didn't have the name it will be called a rip-off. Like it or not the two games are similar.

But alright I'll play along.
Ehhhh....I'll come back to a name. I'm not feeling creative atm.

Terrutas

If you'd still call it a reboot, I'd say the appropriate name would be Devils Never Cry.

TGWBABTWMSIF:
This Game Will Be Awesome But Trolls Will Make Sure It Fails
Yeah it's not like they have any sort of legitimate complaints, they're just trolls after all out there to make the internet a bad place for everyone and ruin anything good

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Yeah it's not like they have any sort of legitimate complaints, they're just trolls after all out there to make the internet a bad place for everyone and ruin anything good

yh, but from the way things seem to be heading its gonna be considered a flop and all because people cant pull their heads out of their asses.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't know if a name change would boost sells, it got new IP numbers since it's practicly a new IP.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
yh, but from the way things seem to be heading its gonna be considered a flop and all because people cant pull their heads out of their asses.

so its ALL their fault?

It has nothing to do with Capcom and NTs promoting skills or todays gamer market?

Or it simply not catching the interest of your average gamer?

I've been on this forum since the game was revealed, and I recall so many people in favor of it telling the fans who do not like it to either give it a chance or don't buy it.

Now since the fans did not buy it they are suddenly at fault even though it was what a lot of people where telling them to do.

They could have easily rented it and gave it a chance but did not like it enough to buy it.

So I don't like how the sales flop is being blamed entirely on them by some fans of the reboot.

They are perfectly entitled not to buy this game if it is not to their liking.

Now as for the topic at hand, Someone said something about it being called "Devil's never cry" since its a reboot, I would not have minded that.

That being said, I doubt a name change would have helped.

The game itself could have simply not been up to fans expectations or interest.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
so its ALL their fault?.It has nothing to do with Capcom and NTs promoting skills or todays gamer market?Or it simply not catching the interest of your average gamer?I've been on this forum since the game was revealed, and I recall so many people in favor of it telling the fans who do not like it to either give it a chance or don't buy it.Now since the fans did not buy it they are suddenly at fault even though it was what a lot of people where telling them to do.They could have easily rented it and gave it a chance but did not like it enough to buy it.So I don't like how the sales flop is being blamed entirely on them by some fans of the reboot.They are perfectly entitled not to buy this game if it is not to their liking..

i didnt say its ALL their fault, cause its really not. its just the level of crap this game has gotten shoved onto it since its announcement is just plain unfair. i always say speak with your walets and i guess people have. and its a shame, that they spend so much time hung up over the silly little details that theyd rather watch the franchise burn than let it move out of stagnation.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
i didnt say its ALL their fault.

Really?

Lets check your post again

You said it was all because people couldn't get their heads out of their assess.

That essentially you blaming it on the fans who you say "have their heads up their asses".

And while it may be some fans who are outright stubborn and refused to give it a chance, that doesn't mean that they could have had that huge of a impact on sales.

In fact, I recall those fans being called the "Minority" by so many fans of the reboot.

Saying that the more butthurt ones who are still just mad because Dante's hair isn't white or that its a reboot in the first place would not make much of a difference since it would gain more fans than it lost.

No matter how you look at it, I think its pretty impossible to blame the sales flop on them, if so than you will have to admit that more people hated the game than those who loved it, and that is something many of the fans of the reboot will not do.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I feel it might have been better as a new iP because NT would have had more freedom to do what they want and less baggage to deal with it. It might not have made a lot of money but whatever, right?

I dont feel people would call it a ripoff since DMC is the first of the "stylish action" genre so everything else like GOW, Ninja Gaiden, Darksiders, Bayonetta etc could be considered ripoffs as well.

Plus the problem with the TGS10 trailer is no one thought it was a dmc game till the end quote so you could have cut the cord/drop all the names and call it something else and no one would know.

DmC obviously.

But If I had to choose, I'd call it

"Nephilim" Or "Born Free" referencing a song by M.I.A
These are pretty cool, Good choices

Top Bottom