• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What order did you play them in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
BringerOfChaos;152512 said:
I bought one first but never played past the first mission.
To be honest I hated it.

I got rid of it.

Then I got three... And loved it. The I got the special edition of three.
The I got two. I hated so much I literally took a blood oath with a switch blade to never play it again.

Then I got one back because the Nelo Angelo costume seemed so epic. This drove me to want to do battle with this Black Knight, so I got DMC one back and loved it.

Then I got four and tried to unlock every thing I possibly could on my first time through, which killed it for me until a month or two later.

So I went:

1-1/2
3SE
1-complete

When you first played 3 what was the main thing that made it better than 1? The way Dante acted or the gameplay?

Inferno

I played them 3,4,2,1. It made sense to me why i played it that way but i'm not too sure if it makes sense to you that way.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
darth_angelo45;152636 said:
When you first played 3 what was the main thing that made it better than 1? The way Dante acted or the gameplay?
A combination of those and other factors.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have only played dmc4 and dunno where to begin next :/

Sparda™

Strifer;153524 said:
I have only played dmc4 and dunno where to begin next :/

I suggest you to play Devil May Cry 3 and then the first Devil May Cry. You can play Devil May Cry 2 as well, after these.

You can get a better view of the storyline in a chronological order.

The chronological order is...

DMC3 -> DMC1 -> DMC4 -> DMC2

l1kel1ke

1, 2, 3, 4

I played through 1 a million times, I am still having NIGHTMARES of...well NIGHTMARE 3 on DMD :S :S :S

2 was...ugh I don't even know, I felt sick playing it, I didn't even know why at one point, when i was somehow about to die that 'dante' turned into a big bat thing and started going nuts. I think I pretty much stopped playing after the bolverk fight. The bosses looked SO creative so it felt so much worse when the strategies fell limp and you felt like you were controlling 'paper dante'. The atmosphere was interesting in a desolate way, but again it wasn't dante for me :/ from what i heard you could PLAY AS TRISH too...why wasn't this in any of the 'good' games? :(

dmc 3, restored my faith, and I loved the upped difficulty, sadly i had to sell off my ps2 before i finished it on normal even! (stopped right before that mission where you fight all the bosses, couldn't quite get past it before i gave away the ps2)

dmc4, this last break, not as hard but still very nice =) having so much fun with it on my OCed c2d =)

SwordmasterStum

HalfBreed
My friend got me to play 3 one day, out of nowhere just dropping it on me, and I fell in love with it instantly. It's just such a good game. I liked it so much I went and bought the previous two just so I could get the story order right and then they went and jacked me up by putting 4 before 2. God dammit.

So yeah, 3,1,2,4.

And although I bought a PS3 solely for 4, it's lack of Vergil and the ability to create a copy of yourself or freeze time (with your own power) makes it feel like something's missing. As well as there being less weapons. While at the same time, I'd say 4 is my favorite because of style switching and Nero.

I talk too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom