• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What order did you play them in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
What order did you play the DMC games in? I was just wondering if anybody played 3 before 1.

I played them 1,2,3,4

aka958

Don't trust people
i played mine 3,4 :p didn't have a ps2 and they didn't even sell 1 and 2 when i noticed dmc

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Same as you played them Andy ^_^

1, 2, 3 and then 4 :)

And then 5 :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
aka958;152226 said:
you think long in the future. that's very smart hope you didn't forget 6 also

We know there will be a five, we hope there will be a 6 ;)

aka958

Don't trust people
no capcom can't just throw away money not making a 6 or 7 for that part... like final fantasy... whats stopping square-enix now for continuing to 50? they are going fast forward

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Because no one wants to see another DMC4 or MGS2. They can't keep making a game about the same crap over and over. It's only a matter of time before the game gets stale, at which point they will end up changing it up a bit which usually annoys the fans.

When capcom did it for DMC4, everyone and their mothers freaked out because they made Nero the main character. F*** To be 100% honest I enjoyed playing as Nero just as much if not more so than I did playing as Dante. Playing as Nero was fun and fresh but I can't seem to go anywhere with out people crying about how much they hate him. All those people are sterling examples of why capcom or any game company can't make make a series consisting of 50 plus games.

Hell if it were possible for a company to make a 50 game series why would the company make more than that one game?
(Except for money)
Because it is inevitable, the game will get old and people will get tired of it.

Darth Angelo

The Da3dra;152248 said:
Because no one wants to see another DMC4 or MGS2. They can't keep making a game about the same crap over and over. It's only a matter of time before the game gets stale, at which point they will end up changing it up a bit which usually annoys the fans.

When capcom did it for DMC4, everyone and their mothers freaked out because they made Nero the main character. F*** To be 100% honest I enjoyed playing as Nero just as much if not more so than I did playing as Dante. Playing as Nero was fun and fresh but I can't seem to go anywhere with out people crying about how much they hate him. All those people are sterling examples of why capcom or any game company can't make make a series consisting of 50 plus games.

Hell if it were possible for a company to make a 50 game series why would the company make more than that one game?
(Except for money)
Because it is inevitable, the game will get old and people will get tired of it.

Yeah I agree Nero was great fun and would have done fine by himself. (this would have also given us a little break from Dante so in 5 or whatever when we get to play as him again it will be awesome to have him back. He will feel a little fresher as well)

Darth Angelo

The point of this thread incase you were wondering was that I have noticed in here (and some comments on DMC videos I have uploaded on youtube) that a majority of the current fans are fans of DMC3. (like DMC3 Dante and are desperate to have DMC3 Vergil back asap) and wanted to know if DMC3 genuinely won over fans of the first game or if 3 gave birth to its own generation of (sorry I hate saying this word) fanboys..

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
I think DMC 3 brought in a wider audience because of the better advertising. I don't know about fanboys but i can see how 3 was the gateway game. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, it was the first one to be released on PC.

For the topic: 1,3,2(Then back to 3 to get the taste out of my mouth), 4.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I bought one first but never played past the first mission.
To be honest I hated it.

I got rid of it.

Then I got three... And loved it. The I got the special edition of three.
The I got two. I hated so much I literally took a blood oath with a switch blade to never play it again.

Then I got one back because the Nelo Angelo costume seemed so epic. This drove me to want to do battle with this Black Knight, so I got DMC one back and loved it.

Then I got four and tried to unlock every thing I possibly could on my first time through, which killed it for me until a month or two later.

So I went:

1-1/2
3SE
1-complete

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
Yeah, I took a long break from 4 as well... i played it through SoS mode the first time and then got sick of it. Worst part is when i came back to it my save was corrupted and i had to start all over. (I double save now. :p)

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
I played them in the order they came out, except for 4, which I haven't gotten a chance to play yet.

quiksilvershado

Dodge this!!!
Played up to mission 7 on DMC1 first at a mates...then bought DMC3:SE and completed it, then bought DMC1 and completed it, and DMC2 last. Havent even played DMC4 out of a lack of a PS3, 360 or a decent PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom