• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your worst nightmare?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer13;202776 said:
you know that vaugely reminds me of the silent hill movie ( except silent hill didnt include anyone with a sword and your dream didnt include a cult)

Imagine the otherworld from the first Silent Hill game. That's what it was based off of... I had Taco Bell right before I went to bed, so that probably explains it...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Can I scratch the nightmare I mentioned before? :\
Worst nightmare decided to visit me last night *bursts into tears of emotional trauma*
Vergil came to say hello. I sheit myself. I don't even want to relay what happened cos it makes the hair on my neck stand on end, just....fudge... I'm not sleeping alone or with the light off again...EVER... :(
I blame over-watching DMC3 cutscenes, re-reading the manga, and writing fanfics about him. It was really scary, I'm actually considering not going near anything Vergil related for a while. Until I can sleep with the light off again.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Uhm... Wow. I can tell he did something far worse to you than kill you, that's for sure... I'm not going to write down what I think it is for fear of getting banned...

Romero

Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
clairavance;202861 said:
Can I scratch the nightmare I mentioned before? :\
Worst nightmare decided to visit me last night *bursts into tears of emotional trauma*
Vergil came to say hello. I sheit myself. I don't even want to relay what happened cos it makes the hair on my neck stand on end, just....fudge... I'm not sleeping alone or with the light off again...EVER... :(
I blame over-watching DMC3 cutscenes, re-reading the manga, and writing fanfics about him. It was really scary, I'm actually considering not going near anything Vergil related for a while. Until I can sleep with the light off again.
LOL I'm curious what happened in the dream... :ninja:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Crikey cv... was it really that bad?

But, like Romero, i too am curious.

I was on the bus, doing a bit of travelling yesterday and had a bit of a sicky, back-up, so my real worst nightmare is being sick.

Another worst nightmare is Nero being Vergil's son.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ehm...:(... if your easily disturbed or are just generally sensitive when it comes to horror, you might not want to read this.

In my nightmare, I was passed out on the couch with just the TV on, and I woke up because of someone mumbling next to me and when I opened my eyes, Vergil was pacing right beside the couch. I couldn't see his face properly cos it was dark, but it was definitely him (blue coat, katana, spiked white hair, the works) and his eyes were sooo freaky cos they were like cat's eyes in the dark, kinda mirror-ish. And then he saw me watching him and he yanked me off the couch and threw me across the room into the window, and he was half shouting/grumbling at me, almost like he sounded when he was trying to open the gate in that one cutscene and it wasn't working, you know? Just, he sounded a lot angrier than that in my nightmare.

I have NO CLUE what he saying to me either, it was like I had water in my ears, and when he asked me something and I didn't respond, he kind of tilted his head to the side (like how he does it before he kills Beowulf, I think *shudder*) and then he ran me through with the katana. And there was blood everywhere (I mean good lord he LICKED it off the blade when he pulled the katana out of my gut) and then I ran. The worst thing is I didn't die, but I didn't heal either, and it ended with me wanting to jump off a cliff to try escape him, but he caught me before I could reach it, and then I woke up.

It was pretty vivid, which is why it scared me so much because I can remember everything clearly (and how I was feeling in the dream itself) but I'm sparing the finer, more disturbing details cos I don't want anyone else having nightmares because of me.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Uhm... I think a Vergil fangirl just lost the ability to call herself a fangirl...

Jebus, girl, if you've seen the dreams I'VE had, you'd be crying your eyes out. My dreams are realler that real... Sometimes I wake up with wounds from the dreams, even though there's nothing that could give me those. This cements my theory that dreams occur in separate dimensions, existing within, yet without our own, each different person has their own personal heaven and, sometimes, hell.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I know what your both getting at.

Anyway, it wasn't really a nightmare, but i'd be banned if i put my dream about Vergil

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;202778 said:
Imagine the otherworld from the first Silent Hill game. That's what it was based off of... I had Taco Bell right before I went to bed, so that probably explains it...

ive never played any of the silent hill games except for a demo of silent hill 3
i'd love to play one though

i suppose since this thread is about nightmares i should desribe on ive had but there's a problem i've never had one. things that inspire fear and disgust in others are truly beyond enjoyible for me ( heh heh heh )

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ That usually constitutes a divorce from reality, but hey. We're all crazy in our own way.

PS: I just loled at the thought of you watching a REALLY freaky movie that even your most gutsy friend is puking over and you're sitting there laughing your @$$ off...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Being pregnant. It's not one of my ambitions in life, in fact I'm terrified of it.

So sometimes I have dreams of things inside there trying to stretch their way out of my stomach. Or recently I had another of my weird ones where everyone was getting pregnant from the air - rather than the normal way - like plants do with pollen. Nobody had any way of knowing if they would get pregnant if they went outside so women were walking around in these space suit things. >_<

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
I always get nightmares about being chased and forced to defy logic by flying away from the pursuer.

Edit (added): But my worst nightmares are the realistic ones where I am an unseen person in the corner of a room/place, watching a brutal crime happen. "Crimes" that I have witnessed include murder and robberies. Weird, don't you think?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crimson Claw;203826 said:
I always get nightmares about being chased and forced to defy logic by flying away from the pursuer.

Edit (added): But my worst nightmares are the realistic ones where I am an unseen person in the corner of a room/place, watching a brutal crime happen. "Crimes" that I have witnessed include murder and robberies. Weird, don't you think?

Odd... That first dream symbolizes that you tend to run from problems.

The second dream symbolizes your desire to remain hidden from evil, but also your inability to help others.

If that sounded blunt, I'm sorry. I'm just telling you what the dreams mean. I'm one of those "dream analyzer" people.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
@Lexy: You have just reminded me.

I get dreams where I'm a mommy, but my child is about 4 0r 5 years old.

But when i wake up, i get scared, because at some point in the future i'll have my own kids and i know that I'll be a terrible mother... i just can't show affection to another person.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
That's one of the main reasons I don't want any kids - I'd make a pretty lame parent, with my anxiety and depressive problems. Might be genetically passed on as well. My mother's got the same condition as me and so did hers.

So... bad idea for me, methinks.

Also, the thought of giving birth. I've got a phobia of it.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
@DreadnoughtDT: No, it's perfectly alright. :) If I posted it, it means I'm sharing it and you're free to analyze/comment on it. But what you said made a lot of sense to me, and now that I think about it, you're right about the running-from-problems and my inability to help others. It's why I always try to outperform myself, so I can help someone instead of being a deadweight.

@Lexy and Vergil'sB*tch: You're not the only ones, I occasionally get nightmares like that too. In my case, I always dream about me having 2 or 3 kids, and then they all get lost!

Top Bottom