• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your biggest fear in case of DMC5?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I remember on one of the last year's con Johny said that it could be nice to show dark side of Nero. I guess thet could be great opportunity to do this.
But there could be trouble to show it in a unique style. If this fight will become a re-playing Dante-Vergil fight and relationship... that will be kinda boring xD
Johnny said that too years ago: that he expected Kyrie to die or being a villain and Nero becoming a darker protagonist. Johnny was not too happy with DMC4 ending.
Artbook goes on how Nero would become a power seeker if Kyrie dies and how Nero is very similar to Vergil. It seems they threw away Vergil just to do a Vergil 2.0.

Veloran

Artbook goes on how Nero would become a power seeker if Kyrie dies and how Nero is very similar to Vergil. It seems they threw away Vergil just to do a Vergil 2.0.
But she didn't die or become a villain, and while Nero shares many similarities to Vergil he isn't some 2.0 version, their stories are almost opposites, which is probably intentional.

Gel

Premium
But she didn't die or become a villain, and while Nero shares many similarities to Vergil he isn't some 2.0 version, their stories are almost opposites, which is probably intentional.
He isn't yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes becomes Vergillike in the next entries. Now Nero is only a Dante's ( almost)replica.

Veloran

He isn't yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes becomes Vergillike in the next entries. Now Nero is only a Dante's ( almost)replica.
I don't know, it feels unlikely. He probably won't ever be an antagonist to Dante considering how 4 stressed that they were on very different levels.

Gel

Premium
I don't know, it feels unlikely. He probably won't ever be an antagonist to Dante considering how 4 stressed that they were on very different levels.
I'm not saying an exact copy of Vergil, but something like Kyrie is hurt or Yamato corrupts the guy .I don't imagine Dante killing Nero, but sure he would giving him a good spanking and telling him to behave.We have too the possibility Dante loses his mind and Nero has to save the old guy.
OR we will have Nero trying to cut off his wrists after he finds out about his past, since the guy was always bullied due to his "apparent" origins.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Because of his affiliation to Kyrie, I feel like Nero's story can't proceed unless something directly happens to either one of them. For example, Kyrie gets kidnapped/killed and Nero's Devil Bringer goes out of control and threatens to turn him into a full demon every time he uses DT or something like that.

Gel

Premium
Because of his affiliation to Kyrie, I feel like Nero's story can't proceed unless something directly happens to either one of them. For example, Kyrie gets kidnapped/killed and Nero's Devil Bringer goes out of control and threatens to turn him into a full demon every time he uses DT or something like that.
Kyrie IS his world.She is everything he has, after all he is what he is because of her, more than her family or even Credo( I've the impression Credo was an obstacle between this couple). He doesn't care about other people and he seems to be whatever about being a Sparda's descendant.
To be fair, the previous team of game devs already killed him off in the first game.
True, but I bet Kamiya would bring Vergil back if it pleased him.He did it with Jeanne.Not that I'm saying it is a good idea to bring him back from death.
Capcom only uses the character to dig some gold when the company's wallet goes empty.

Veloran

Why?

Just have her exist as a side character, Nero going full angst over her is exactly what people didn't like about him in 4. His relationship to Vergil is a more interesting path to go for both of them.

Pacrolash

Just have her exist as a side character, Nero going full angst over her is exactly what people didn't like about him in 4. His relationship to Vergil is a more interesting path to go for both of them.
THIS SO MUCH

They kinda overpushed that undying love with Kyrie that it just looked kinda silly and to me even more false. And they kind of just killed all of Nero's character development with her. They made new playable character, gave us a hint, that he IS Sparda's descendant, even directly told us, that he is Vergil's son but.... because of what they implemented with Kyrie he just became strangest character I've ever seen. It's like we got that battleborn demon hunter, who was taught to fight demons for all his life, he has Demonic arm that is made specifically to kill demons. But at the end of DMC4 we see him almost as a family man that will ude Yamato to chop some salad and meat for dinner. And because of Kyrie we can move him to other place either by killing her or moving her to the other place too.

So there we have it - potentially interesting character which is Vergil's son that just bound to Fortuna island and being a family man with some souvenir swords.

Honestly I don't think there will be much demons in Fortuna when hell gate is sealed/destroyed and Order's heads all chopped away.

Mmm maybe a game about Vergil's adventures before 3rd game will be nice. We could get y'kno a little bit of explanation how did Nero happened in a first place

Veloran

So there we have it - potentially interesting character which is Vergil's son that just bound to Fortuna island and being a family man with some souvenir swords.
I think the book ended with Dante giving him a spare neon sign and Nero starting his own Demon hunting business. If you think about it, what else is he even supposed to do?

If Vergil comes back in 5, the game should put a lot of focus on his and Nero's relationship, what they are to each other.

Reactions: Gel

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Can we... just get back on topic? This is turning into another DMC5 wish list thread and correct me if I'm wrong, @Erian1Mortal, but I think you wanted this to be the exact opposite of that.

Yep, this is not what this topic should've been about, we have other topics for that!
So people get back on topic please, otherwise just let the thread die down or make another one for it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

I had figured that DMC5 could actually continue from DMC2 and have Nero trying to find Dante and bring him home. In the process, Nero would learn more about Sparda and his relationship with the demons and humanity. Then, there would also be the Dante side (a la DMC2) where he travels through hell revisiting memories that explore more of his past and his character. See, Kyrie doesn't need to get fridged at all :p

On topic - what do I fear for DMC5? That they apply nothing that they learned from Ninja Theory and DmC, from gameplay to presentation.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I also fear that if they bring Bingo back, that the story might barely have Dante in it at all. All I care about is Dante and I remember in the Art Book that Bingo said that he would want to do a story about Nero and if someone else wants to do a story about Dante, then let them do it. So as much as I like Bingo, if I had to choose between Bingo and Dante, it's a no brainer. I hope the whole game is Dante with more weapons and combos over any mention of Nero at all if it takes anything away from the focus fully being on Dante.

Top Bottom