• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your biggest fear in case of DMC5?

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Since we have a bunch of topics, like "are you done hoping" or "If DMC5 came out", I thought I'd make one about a specific topic.

What is you biggest fear in case DMC5 released?

In my case it's that Capcom simply reproduces a DMC4, not that it was a bad game in and of itself. But I feel like after DmC and it's backlash (let's not go into that in this topic please!) they might not go all out and try something new. And I feel like DMC5 would need to innovate on quite a few rough corners compared to DMC4 and DMC4SE. But that is a topic in and of itself, which has already been talked to death about.

So, what do you think? Let me hear your thoughts on that matter.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

In my case it's that Capcom simply reproduces a DMC4.
Same. Only in this case, they'll give us just the first half of the game, while charging us more for the second half (not quite as bad as SFV, but close).

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Not any particular fears about the game itself, rather I'd be more worried about the business plan they'd adopt. Microtransactions, bad DLCs aplenty, barebones release.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
If they even make one, my biggest fear is they do what God of War 4 is doing.

Cause the industry hasn't been kind to the HnS genre lately with the last great HnS being made exclusively for WiiU and Capcom has already given Resident Evil a massive gameplay change, who's to say they wouldn't do it to DMC?

As much as I like aged and bearded badasses, I don't wanna see an old & bearded Dante in a walking simulator.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Capcom has already given Resident Evil a massive gameplay change, who's to say they wouldn't do it to DMC?

Imo, cause the DMC guys know what they do better than the RE guys. After all, RE's been gone towards a different direction for a long time now, to the point of changing genre completely, while DMC's been consistent in its nature of franctic, fast and furious action game.

Big change of gameplay direction is the last thing that I fear, personally.

Pacrolash

I fear:
1) Change of gameplay, like God od War or RE. (Lol imagine there will be like FPS DMC)
2) Change of characters. I'd really like to see Nero's story to continue, Dante and maybe Vergil in DLC as usual. But something like "Hey there is new character for you and Dante is like on background" I won't take
3) It won't have those new filmed pachinko scenes. Come on give those moments with Nero playing guitar\dancing and Dante working together with Trish pls.
4) We got DMC4 kind of a deal - we got half of the game that was just multiplied and we had to defeat same bosses 3 times. And then hell lot of times again because of SE. I'm already sick of that Savios sequence and Echidna battle :V
5) One more too cliche lovestory. eugh :C

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Gameplay is the least of my fears since I'me sure it will trun to be completely fine, so...

...what I fear ( or, to be honest, I suspect to be certain of) is:
- An even more clownish version of Dante. He is becoming a caricature of himself than a guy who cared for what he did. I'm not lying if I say I'm a bit fed up with Dante.
-Fan service just for the sake of it. Turning fine characters into sex dolls it's not a good option.Nothing against fanservice per se, but temperance and equilibrium is a must.
-Characters who have no purpose whatsoever than be there.
- An even sillier and harder to swallow story.

In resume, I would be fine with a game similar to DMC3 in terms of story and gameplay.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I feel that me saying "gameplay" earlier may have been misleading. I am not worried about the combat in a hypothetical DMC5.

What I am worried about is the ah, what do you call it? The structure of the gameplay? For example, the mission system feels outdated to me and needs to be updated. I also don't want the second half of the game to be the same levels but played in reverse order. Also, I don't want there to be multiple playable characters if they don't contribute in any way.

But I'll stop there before I divulge anymore into a rant.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I seriously think that DMC4SE was seriously becoming Sengoku Basara, lots of characters, masses of enemies, those costumes and designs, the super bright colors and one chick that has lots of guns. Plus it had one combat song per character and that got annoying, fast. As pretty as it was, too, it had the most boring stages of the entire series. If there's a DMC5 I don't want it to look, play, sound, or feel like 4.

Say what you will about 2 but at least it looked kick ass. I want it to look and feel like the original 3 because 4 only had one creature that actually looked like an actual demon.

I'm worried that DMC5 is going to try to appeal to as many people as possible, that they'll leave everything that makes DMC special in favor of that mass appeal and we get a bunch of 'girls don't like scary things' 'players don't like hard games' 'we want to introduce a new generation of gamers to DMC/we don't want to alienate new players' and all the other things they kept saying during DMC4 and DmC's marketing and interviews.

Last edited:

Meg

Honestly at this point I don't care if they just do 4 again without much improvement. It's been so long without a proper new game that I'll take any DMC. So my biggest fear would probably be Capcom making something so outta left field it makes DmC look like it fits right in.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Whining fanboys. After DmC's uproar, and fanboy vs fanboy battles, I've pretty much abandoned the series.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Whining fanboys. After DmC's uproar, and fanboy vs fanboy battles, I've pretty much abandoned the series.
Try Anima. It's not DMC, but it's good enough for me.

I'm pretty much sick of them as well. Like you, I've also decided not to get back into the series after what happened.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Since we have a bunch of topics, like "are you done hoping" or "If DMC5 came out", I thought I'd make one about a specific topic.

In my case it's that Capcom simply reproduces a DMC4, not that it was a bad game in and of itself. But I feel like after DmC and it's backlash (let's not go into that in this topic please!) they might not go all out and try something new. And I feel like DMC5 would need to innovate on quite a few rough corners compared to DMC4 and DMC4SE. But that is a topic in and of itself, which has already been talked to death about.

So, what do you think? Let me hear your thoughts on that matter.
I actually wouldn't mind if they used DMC4 as a blueprint but instead made it a whole game all the way through like DMC3, not half Dante half Nero, just all Dante and more areas to explore. Plus more weapons and combos and I would be sold. My biggest worry is that they rush it and then have to pay for it like they are with SF5.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm with @Blackquill with his thoughts on how the structure of the game should be.

As long as the story isn't as dull as the anime I'm fine but I hope the story feels like an important moment in Dante's life (like DMC3/1).

Honestly I don't know what i want from the story anymore so I'd be ok with a new lead or a new out of the left field direction. The only problem with that is they never figure out how to bridge the right and the left so to speak.

Pacrolash

Also, I don't want there to be multiple playable characters if they don't contribute in any way.
OOH but imagine Tag missions with like two chars at team?
But i really don't know how to get this in that kind of game. The only thing that comes in mind is this mod.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
But in seriousness;

• No progression: I know people liked DMC4, but...they better not just rehash DMC4 for DMC5. Do new things, give Dante new sword animations, make the next main villain NOT a human wanting to be god for the hundredth time. I want new things. I want Dante to face actual challenges. I want the gameplay to blow my mind. I want to feel the thrilling desire to play this game like I did with DmC. I wanna feel that for DMC5.
  • No character development: People give DmC a lot of flack, but one thing I felt it did better then DMC2, DMC3, and DMC4 was Dante's character growth. in DmC, Dante went from a brash, attitude, asshole who only cared about himself, into a dedicated hero who wanted to liberate humanity from Mundus's rule. We could actually see the change from the beginning of the game to the end. And the best mention of his character change was when Dante and Vergil were in the elevator and Vergil reminded Dante about how he once said he didn't give a ****. This is what I want for Dante in DMC5. A visible change in character whether as big as DmC, or as small and subtle as DMC3. I just don't want one-dimensional Dante from DMC4 all the way through. I want something like DmC, DMC3, or DMC1.
  • Fashion: As Devil May Cry continued on, I notice its fashion choices slowly becoming less professional and just straight-up ridiculous; especially in DMC3 and DMC4. Don't get my wrong, I like DMC3 Dante, but the shirtless coat look was less charming, and more obnoxious. I honestly want them to go with a more Jacob Frye/AC syndicate approach.
    It's a hell of a lot better then chaps.
  • Music: Devil May Cry's music was at its best during DMC1 and DMC3. DMC4's only memorable track was "We will Never Surrender" and that was only because it was the only song that played during Nero's combat. So for DMC5, I want them to go back to that adrenaline-pumping music of old.
  • Costumes: If I have to see ANOTHER DMC1 Dante costume, holy moly. I don't mind it being in there, but lets get some more creative costumes for Dante and not more DMC1, DMC3, and Sparda. Think of something else for him to wear. Hell, I'll settle for a Masamune Dante costume. Just do SOMETHING. DIFFERENT.

Top Bottom