• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is up with the Vergil fanbase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
"Power...give me more...power!" And what does Vergil want?
Not to mention the reaction Yamato had to Nero's arm; re-attaching Yamato's shattered pieces back together and being able to summon swords like Vergil.

Sparda™

NerosDevil;116555 said:
I'll hold this with you until DMC5.
As far as I'm concerned, Nero represents Sparda more to me.

Yeah, the Sparda thing is considered broadband as a highly likely possibility.

One sword...

YAMATO.jpg

Two transformations...

Character-NeroVergil.png

Vergildt.jpg

SIMILARITIES

Except the sword's combos and moves which are the same in nature but executed differently, the only physical similarity is the sheath attached to the arm.

DIFFERENCES

Nero's DT has his hands like the Devil Bringer, has a muscular body with flesh-like ornaments coming from the chest up. The hood is on and only on eye is visible. The horns are sprouting from the hood and directing towards. The most distinctive, is the human face.

Vergil's DT is totally demonic and vampiresque. Large ornamented horns, dragon scale skin, four wings, an exoskeleton and vampire-like teeth.

This is the form Nero will take after honing his demonic skills...

dmc4gallery6full_2.jpg

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Actually; if you have the conceptual book from DMC4 published in Japan; Nero’s original DT was going to have his left arm as a sheath which Yamato would be placed into with total similarity to Vergil; as a pre-design and thought into the plot. Along with Kobayashi also announcing that (and should be obvious) Dante and Vergil's DT shapes with time and maturity harboring more power. Dante's DT is very simular to Vergil's in DMC3, however it always alters.
It was changed to an astral form for unknown reasons. Habit/astral energy is what both Yamato and Rebellion have, and Sparda definitely has it. Habit energy exists, and it is heavily implied in the game as long as you are aware of it. Yamato definatly isn't Vergil's remenance; however the DB is some reference.
And he'll take Vergil's face and bodily structure which was simular to Nelo? Doubt so.
However, with that being said and Nero naturally having Sparda's genetic background; it may have just awoken something inside him.

akcolbatah

cause vergil is the best hes badass in the whole dmc series thats why. dante and vergil is fan favorites but slightly vergil more due to his coolness and being badass

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
See what I mean by the "I only like him because he look's cool" feature? And no, Vergil doesn't outdo Dante.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Don't ya just love how this has pretty much become a war within a page and a half?

Gotta love it...

I've already made my point, but really, while I respect NerosDevil's opinion, the Nero - Vergil link theory is pretty much dead, the DT's aren't similar enough to warrant the argument either, fact of the matter is, something as powerful as Yamato NEEDS a new master, so rather than being dormant for all eternity, it's going to seek out the next best master.

I'll admit the triggers do have SOME resemblance to each other, but that's because of the simple DMC3 Dante Trigger, at such a young age and such a low point in demonic development, the Devil Arm controls the character's trigger, remember how Dante switched forms in DMC3 depending on which weapon he had? It was the same with Vergil and IS the same with Nero, Yamato has a certain...Essence, if you will, that manipulates the demonic energy of the devil trigger, so of course Nero's trigger will have SOME form is similarity to Vergil's.

I'm afraid I agree with Dante Aseroth on this matter though, and I have done for a while.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Fair enough; although there are two sides which can both battle each point; i'm on both. I haven't taken a general side, and trying to consider both. However, I cannot understand how a healthy young man; who's probably had various other injuries, had one cut then developed his DB, around the same time the Order posessed Yamato; along with using fragments of Nelo into Alto/Bianco Angelos.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Oh look, a Nero fanboy or two p***ed at other fan's interest in Vergil. I don't think im gonna even bother to debate this. What if someone made a thread complaining about people liking Trish because they think that Trish fans like her because she looks like the twin's mother? That wouldn't be cool.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I somewhat agree with NerosDevil.

For some odd reason, I always end up siding with NerosDevil on most debates.

Ryuuji

Dark slayer
I have to go with dante and angelo credo and I never liked vergil because of his looks and I don't see any one telling us that vergil is gods gift for video games and I'm sure that vergil is coming back because there is alot to know about this guy I'm not saying that there isn't any thing to know about nero he's like nerosdevil saied he's a walking question mark.
it is obvious that vergils fans are much more than neros

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Ryuuji;116576 said:
it is obvious that vergils fans are much more than neros

WOW! Whoopee! I dont give a sh....!!

I just wanted to say that for the hell of it, lol.

Sparda™

Dark Esura;116579 said:
WOW! Whoopee! I dont give a sh....!!

I just wanted to say that for the hell of it, lol.

What he said was a fact. If you give a **** or not that's your problem.

And thanks, Angelo Credo.^_^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
OH for **** sake, another thread designed just to create arguments. If fanboys like Vergil more than Nero, don't cry about it. Why can;t you accept opinion? I will not be posting here at all after this.

Keaton

Premium
This has been resolved -- as much as It will be, I will lock it in prevention of arguments...pre-emptive rep to me ^_^

Also, Dark Esura, I can see you are highly opinionated, but please refrain from swearing, even if it is masked by '*'s. There is NEVER any need for bad language, and this isn't the first time you have done it casually either.

Thank You.

Locked.

Sparda™

NerosDevil;116565 said:
Fair enough; although there are two sides which can both battle each point; i'm on both. I haven't taken a general side, and trying to consider both. However, I cannot understand how a healthy young man; who's probably had various other injuries, had one cut then developed his DB, around the same time the Order posessed Yamato; along with using fragments of Nelo into Alto/Bianco Angelos.

He asked for more power. The voice you hear that echoes, is Nero's own voice demanding power.

It was explained somewhere that sometime before the Festival of the Blade, Fortuna was raided by demons, and that Nero had been injured trying to rescue Kyrie.

It is there where he demanded more power. Eventually, power came with a demonic arm, which I highly doubt It's a 'weapon' which Sparda used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom