• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is Devil May Cry?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
'CAUSE HIS HAIR'S NOT WHITE.

also 'cause he said the f word and oh noes my virgin ears

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, since no one else is posting atm, I'll have to edit and write up my opinions here.

*Ahem*

First off, the old DMC is:

[$] A bad imitation of Blade's style.

+ A bad imitation of Castlevania aesthetic world design

+ A bad imitation of Fierce Deity Link's hair and sword (pretty much his whole "demonic" image -- also, FDL was created in 2000, a year before DMC)

Fierce_Deity_Link.png

+ A bad imitation of Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage gameplay.

+ A bad imitation of Virtua Fighters' juggling mechanics.

+ A bad imitation of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link's Jump Canceling (yes, this is jump-canceling, whether you want to admit it or not).

As you can see, he's bouncing on top of the enemy, which counts as early jump-canceling.

And a bad imitation of Captain Falcon's moves (Smash Bros came out in 1999).

[CF had Falcon Punch had Falcon Kick way before Dante did.]

So there you have it. A hideous Frankenstein's Monster of a game that barely manages to put all these parts together in one lifeless, hobbling package that uses the Resident Evil Code Veronica Engine.
Was that mod for Captain Falcon turning him in to the Green Ranger? Awesome.

The Final Offer

@Frostmourne you f***ing killed it! That was awesome.

Though alot of you probably don't know it by now. But, you have no f***ing clue what Devil May Cry is. Whether you're answering truthfully or not. So yes, I took your posts seriously. The whole comparing A to B. When in truth all you're saying is that "It's a game that has memorable characters, cheesy-ness, style, etc" By that definition, every game could be Devil May Cry. So again, if you can even take this seriously, what sets Devil May Cry apart from everything else? What is Devil May Cry?

Because truthfully, I know alot of people who like Devil May Cry but don't know what it is. It's like liking a lavalamp and not knowing what makes it so.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Because truthfully, I know alot of people who like Devil May Cry but don't know what it is. It's like liking a lavalamp and not knowing what makes it so.
To be honest, I have no idea what makes a lava lamp "so".

Is it... colors? But then, everything else has colors too. See, it's the DMC problem all over again; no one REALLY knows what truly makes DMC "unique".

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
You think you're so smart but, you're really not. Whatever, screw this BS anyway. Sure everyone has an opinion but, opinions can be stupid and I'm just brutally honest.
Good. I'm not gonna debate who is smart and who's not because the most stupid thing somebody can do is start chest-hitting and claim he's smart. Since you obviously can only hear those, who're willing to pat you on the head for your opinion, I suggest we restrain ourselves from farther dialogues. It spares a lot of time for both of us and spares other forum-users to scroll through pointless conversations.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
(It's on now)

NO!! I NO MAD CASE HAR IZ BLAK!!! DMC HZ BETR STOREE CASE DUNTECOLR DAN DONTE!!!!
BLAK HAR IZ BET-R BECUZ EDGY! NINJA THEREE REMUV TEH ANIMAY AND PUT N MOR EDGY AN REEL
(I swear, ever since @chocolateghost79 became a lurker, you and I became the only ones who can make this kind of joke without a flame war erupting from absolute nowhere, with the OCCASIONAL exception of Unknown and @Frostmourne )
(Probably because we both joined smack dab in the middle of the flame wars, and recognize that all of these jokes were used as actual arguments

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
BLAK HAR IZ BET-R BECUZ EDGY! NINJA THEREE REMUV TEH ANIMAY AND PUT N MOR EDGY AN REEL
(I swear, ever since @chocolateghost79 became a lurker, you and I became the only ones who can make this kind of joke without a flame war erupting from absolute nowhere, with the OCCASIONAL exception of Unknown and @Frostmourne )
(Probably because we both joined smack dab in the middle of the flame wars, and recognize that all of these jokes were used as actual arguments

DUNTE DDNT NED REBUTT NIJA THERY RUN DEBIU MAY CRI!!

(Pretty much actually. I miss Chocolateghost! ANSWER MY PRAYERS CHOCOLATE!! I CALL UNTO THEE!!)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well DMC is like DBZ or any other anime from your childhood that you realize isn't as great as you remember.

DmC is like the Constantine movie which some fans would like better if it was its own thing rather than an adaptation of the popular Hellblazer comic series.

Last edited:
Top Bottom